Some New York Jets found LI real estate too pricey

Lil Bit Special

I just love stupid articles like this. The freakin team is moving to new jersey in September, why would players want a house here for a month and a half?

Couldn't agree more. If your job is moving to Jersey, why the hell should you continue live on Long Island?

Where did it say they were buying houses in LI? It said they were selling them..

first line of the article:

Even some professional football players have had trouble finding affordable housing on Long Island.

And this line in the next paragraph:

which may be happy news to some players and coaches, who found housing prices here on the Island out of reach, and opted to travel hours to training camp rather than pay the hefty real estate prices in our area.

first line of the article:

Even some professional football players have had trouble finding affordable housing on Long Island.

And this line in the next paragraph:

which may be happy news to some players and coaches, who found housing prices here on the Island out of reach, and opted to travel hours to training camp rather than pay the hefty real estate prices in our area.

HAVE HAD, like IN THE PAST, like in PREVIOUS SEASONS.

They are saying that they are happy they are moving to NJ because, unlike in the past, they'll be able to buy a home cheaper.

HAVE HAD, like IN THE PAST, like in PREVIOUS SEASONS.

They are saying that they are happy they are moving to NJ because, unlike in the past, they'll be able to buy a home cheaper.

Then you read the article different than I. I didnt make the title up. I didnt write the article. Have had can mean last year or last month. You dont know.

It doesnt say they are happy, it says they may be happy about the move.

Then you read the article different than I. I didnt make the title up. I didnt write the article. Have had can mean last year or last month. You dont know.

It doesnt say they are happy, it says they may be happy about the move.

Found = past tense.

I read the article correctly.

They want some cheap real estate, come to Metropolitan Detroit.

I bought my house for $135K in 2001 and right now it's for sale for $129,900 with a new roof, new furnace, new central air, new hardwood floors, finished basement, 2nd full bath, landscaping, where should I stop.

They predict it will be 2010 before the market in Detroit hits rock bottom and rebounds and another 4 years after than until values are back to normal. Since the first quarter of 2007, sale prices on homes in Macomb County, the county I live in and 1 of 3 that compose metro Detroit, have fallen 21%!!. I'm trying to get rid of my house since I'm moving into my fiance's and have 5 other homes for sale just on my block, 2 of which are foreclosures.

It's the perfect storm in Michigan and my house is getting hit by the right-front quadrant.

I'm totally hosed. Hell, I can't even rent it for enough to cover the mortgage because the market is so saturated with houses, people can just buy a house instead.

There is a lot of money in Mutton town. I “golf” at Mill River Club in Mutton town last Friday. They told me to stay out and to go back to miniature golf. The member who invited me was kick out of the club yesterday. :bag:

That's so messed up. Were you playing like Happy Gilmore? Sounds like a bunch of pompous asses at that club.

That's so messed up. Were you playing like Happy Gilmore? Sounds like a bunch of pompous asses at that club.

They're pompous asses at every non-public club.

But for all we know, Can't Hackett showed up in cutoff jeans, took a leak in public in plain view on the course, & picked a fight with someone on the board.

Can't Hackett, what say ye?

But for all we know, Can't Hackett showed up in cutoff jeans, took a leak in public in plain view on the course, & picked a fight with someone on the board.

Must have been the Jets hat I had on. They told me I missed my exit on the Meadowbrook for Hofstra. :bag:

Actually they were nice to me. I would never join a private club, it not me, dressing up and all that stuff. I

True, but people from Muttontown are a different breed altogether. It's all old money, not entrepreneurial. And with that old money comes old, closed-minded, pompous attitudes and lifestyle.

True, but people from Muttontown are a different breed altogether. It's all old money, not entrepreneurial. And with that old money comes old, closed-minded, pompous attitudes and lifestyle.

Chad Pennington is not a pompus person. Chad Pennington is a warrior who has done everything for this franchise. He has, as someone once moronically said "put his life on the line" for this organization. If I ever had a son, I want him to be just like Chad Pennington, right arm and all.

chadp.jpg

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.

It must have been cold there in my shadow,

to never have sunlight on your face.

You were content to let me shine, that's your way.

You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,

while you were the one with all the strength.

A beautiful face without a name for so long.

A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

and everything I would like to be?

I can fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,

but I've got it all here in my heart.

I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.

I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

You're everything I wish I could be.

I could fly higher than an eagle,

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

You're everything, everything I wish I could be.

Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.

You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.

Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,

so high I almost touch the sky.

Thank you, thank you,

thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

Archived