Perfect qb example yesterday

4HCrew

The Jets were running a two minute drill and Kellen was qb. Dustin Keller lined up wrong and Kellen tried to move him in the right spot. The 30 second clock was winding down the communication was a bit off finally Keller lined up..Kellen gets the play off but panics a bit and forces a ball to Keller which is picked off by Justin Miller.

The same scenario happens with Chad with Wallace Wright..but whatever Chad barked out Wright sprinted to his spot in this nick of time. Chad gets the play off smoothly.

Sure this could be because Keller is a rookie but the way Clemens handled the situation I found quite interesting. It just appeared that Chad had much better control of the offense and the team. And this coming from a guy that wants to see Clemens win the job.

The Jets were running a two minute drill and Kellen was qb. Dustin Keller lined up wrong and Kellen tried to move him in the right spot. The 30 second clock was winding down the communication was a bit off finally Keller lined up..Kellen gets the play off but panics a bit and forces a ball to Keller which is picked off by Justin Miller.

The same scenario happens with Chad with Wallace Wright..but whatever Chad barked out Wright sprinted to his spot in this nick of time. Chad gets the play off smoothly.

Sure this could be because Keller is a rookie but the way Clemens handled the situation I found quite interesting. It just appeared that Chad had much better control of the offense and the team. And this coming from a guy that wants to see Clemens win the job.

the perfect example is when chad throws a 3 yd dumpoff on 3rd and long. that is the scenario that sums up chad as qb in the nfl and it makes me sick to my stomach to see it over and over and over again.

its justin miller, u cant blame kellen i mean miller is just that amazing

the perfect example is when chad throws a 3 yd dumpoff on 3rd and long. that is the scenario that sums up chad as qb in the nfl and it makes me sick to my stomach to see it over and over and over again.

Haha!!! I totally agree with you on this one. i've actually sat there and predicted, right down to the very route and cornerback, Chad's interceptions. I can't handle it anymore. I don't care if Kellen doesn't have the experience. Everyone knows Chad's ceiling, and it was at its best 2 years ago.

START KELLEN!!!

KELLEN TO KELLER ALL DAY LONG!!!!

Haha!!! I totally agree with you on this one. i've actually sat there and predicted, right down to the very route and cornerback, Chad's interceptions. I can't handle it anymore. I don't care if Kellen doesn't have the experience. Everyone knows Chad's ceiling, and it was at its best 2 years ago.

START KELLEN!!!

I agree with everything you said, but you need to check your math 2002 was more than 2 years ago.

I agree with everything you said, but you need to check your math 2002 was more than 2 years ago.

Keep up the front boys. The team fails to respond to your guy's attempt at leadership on the line, yet another Kellen Clemens pick results, so you joke about how bad Pennington is.

Keep up the front boys. The team fails to respond to your guy's attempt at leadership on the line, yet another Kellen Clemens pick results, so you joke about how bad Pennington is.

There is no front and I dont have a guy Im a Jet fan plain and simple. Chads best days are way behind him. Last time I checked Clemens LEAD us to more wins last year while Chad was the one busy throwing game ending PICKS.

I have no doubt that you are a Jet fan, but at this time you are an anti-Chad Jet fan who is pulling for Clemens to win the starting job. All reports say that he is falling behind in that goal. No amount of cracking on Chad is going to change the fact that Chad is clearly having the better training camp to this point.

I have no doubt that you are a Jet fan, but at this time you are an anti-Chad Jet fan who is pulling for Clemens to win the starting job. All reports say that he is falling behind in that goal. No amount of cracking on Chad is going to change the fact that Chad is clearly having the better training camp to this point.

While Clemens started off slowly, much of what I have read for the past week says that things have been pretty even. Let wait until we see them play in a few actual games before we decide the competion is over.

Not saying the competition is over, everyone knows the exhibitions will decide it. I'm just saying that I've noticed-and I'm not alone on this-that every time Kellen does badly in traning camp his supporters all post about how lousy they think Chad is. Running down Chad is not going to get it done for Clemens. Rightly or wrongly, Kellen and Chad started off this year dead even in Mangini's eyes and Clemens is falling behind. He has to pick up his game if he is going to get the job.

Not saying the competition is over, everyone knows the exhibitions will decide it. I'm just saying that I've noticed-and I'm not alone on this-that every time Kellen does badly in traning camp his supporters all post about how lousy they think Chad is. Running down Chad is not going to get it done for Clemens. Rightly or wrongly, Kellen and Chad started off this year dead even in Mangini's eyes and Clemens is falling behind. He has to pick up his game if he is going to get the job.

Not so. Clemens had a good day today and I still knocked Chad.

In terms of the actual practice, neither quarterback was intercepted. For those scoring at home, it

clemens could throw 10 picks a day in PRACTICE and i would still remind people how woeful chadwick is as an NFL qb. chad cannot make the throws necessary to beat good defenses at the nfl level. period.

his record against good defenses speaks for itself.

his record since shoulder surgery speaks for itself.

clemens could throw 10 picks a day in PRACTICE and i would still remind people how woeful chadwick is as an NFL qb. chad cannot make the throws necessary to beat good defenses at the nfl level. period.

his record against good defenses speaks for itself.

his record since shoulder surgery speaks for itself.

Right. Chad throws pick 6's in games, and doesnt have the arm strength. We get it. Guess what though...if Clemens has the arm of Dan Marino it wont matter, because his interceptions and Chad's interceptions do the same thing for the Jets as a team, regardless of arm strength.

Chad throws 3 INT's in a game, it sucks. But with Clemens having a tendency to throw even MORE, guess what happens?

The Jets lose. Along with every one of us

Oh and I know, "it's just practice right now!" Well thats the problem...if he's jumpy and jittery on the PRACTICE field, early on--how is he going to be facing the New England and Buffalo secondaries(I choose Buffalo because thats one team that Chad usually struggles greatly against)?

With each day of reports I grow less and less impressed with Kellen, and I honestly hope Kellen suprises all of us and ends up being awesome. Honestly...what Jets fan wouldn't?

Right. Chad throws pick 6's in games, and doesnt have the arm strength. We get it. Guess what though...if Clemens has the arm of Dan Marino it wont matter, because his interceptions and Chad's interceptions do the same thing for the Jets as a team, regardless of arm strength.

Chad throws 3 INT's in a game, it sucks. But with Clemens having a tendency to throw even MORE, guess what happens?

The Jets lose. Along with every one of us

dude - chad was 1-8 last year. that is freaking pathetic, even for a pathetic franchise like the jets. at some point you need to move on from the chad love and come to terms with the fact that he couldn't start for 1 team in the nfl. the only reason he even has a chance with the jets is b/c of what he did here in 02 and 04.

dude - chad was 1-8 last year. that is freaking pathetic, even for a pathetic franchise like the jets. at some point you need to move on from the chad love and come to terms with the fact that he couldn't start for 1 team in the nfl. the only reason he even has a chance with the jets is b/c of what he did here in 02 and 04.

LOL, because those posts reeked of Chad love, huh? Didn't I just talk about regardless of who's throwing the INT's we LOSE? Read what I wrote....

Regardless of how bad Chad has been, does it do any good to throw Clemens in there if he's worse? No...we'll just be an even worse team. Not hard to get that

Not so. Clemens had a good day today and I still knocked Chad.

But the topic of conversation in this thread was that Kellen threw an interception and Chad did not in the same situation, thereby setting Clemens back even farther than he already was. And then you and your fellow Clemens supporter just started running down Chad, like that could change the facts of the situation.

Clemens can still win this job but he had better reverse course quickly if he plans to do it-because he's headed in the wrong direction now. And no amount of posts about how bad you think Chad is can change that.

Ah no. The topic of the thread was that Chad seem to have better "control of the offense and team", and I simply stated that he should because he has much more experience than Clemens.

But the topic of conversation in this thread was that Kellen threw an interception and Chad did not in the same situation, thereby setting Clemens back even farther than he already was. And then you and your fellow Clemens supporter just started running down Chad, like that could change the facts of the situation.

Clemens can still win this job but he had better reverse course quickly if he plans to do it-because he's headed in the wrong direction now. And no amount of posts about how bad you think Chad is can change that.

shouldnt he considering he has 6 more years experience?[/quote]

Actually, what you did was to agree with and amplify the following rant:

I've actually sat there and predicted, right down to the very route and cornerback, Chad's interceptions. I can't handle it anymore. I don't care if Kellen doesn't have the experience. Everyone knows Chad's ceiling, and it was at its best 2 years ago.

START KELLEN!!!

As if this could in any way offset the fact that Kellen had just thrown yet another INT and thereby put himself even farther behind.

As for the experience issue: Clemens finished last year as the starter and is now entering his third year with the club. Inexperience is no longer an excuse for not taking control of the team.

Since we're talking about both qb's ability to throw picks in meaningful games here's my view on the subject... Every qb will throw some get over it. Also When Pennington throws just ONE,he goes into a complete shell through the rest of the game making dumpoffs and throwing out of bounds on 3rd down. Kellen,though he may throw a couple a game wont let it bewilder his confidence and play like hes already beaten,like we all know Chad does. Clem will just keep on zinging it which likely will lead to bigger gains for us on o and yes...points. If Kellen throws a 65 yd bomb and gets it picked so be it,its as good as a punt imo,yet Chad's are all to the sidelines and on deep outs that result in points for opponents secondaries,no thanks I'll take the former...and so would you. Go jets,Clemens will start.

Actually, what you did was to agree with and amplify the following rant:

As if this could in any way offset the fact that Kellen had just thrown yet another INT and thereby put himself even farther behind.

As for the experience issue: Clemens finished last year as the starter and is now entering his third year with the club. Inexperience is no longer an excuse for not taking control of the team.

Ok can you show me a camp report that says Kellen was intercepted yesterday because the ones that I have read say neither QB was intercepted. The only report that keeps talking about this Kellen INT is yours. Regarding experience: So you are telling me that a qb with 8 games starts under his belt should look just as polished as a qb with 61 starts?

Ok can you show me a camp report that says Kellen was intercepted yesterday because the ones that I have read say neither QB was intercepted. The only report that keeps talking about this Kellen INT is yours.

This entire thread is about Monday's report. Read the title of this thread. This thread was discussing how on Monday, given the exact same situation, Pennington was able to communicate to his receiver that he had to move his position so the play could run correctly, but Clemens could not-with the result of Clemens getting yet another interception.

And your only response to this was to join in with your anti-Chad friend about how lousy you think Chad is. That's it, you had no other defense. It was only later that you brought up the fact that Clemens did not throw an interception on Tuesday's practice.

I'm not the only one who has noticed this, by the way. Clemens is clearly in the process of falling behind Pennington in his pursuit of the job, and when this is pointed out all you can do is repeat the same anti-Chad rants over and over, as it this could help Clemens. It won't. Only Clemens can help Clemens, and he damn well better start helping himself soon if he is going to get the job, because he's been going in wrong direction all camp long.

And your only response to this was to join in with your anti-Chad friend about how lousy you think Chad is. That's it, you had no other defense. It was only later that you brought up the fact that Clemens did not throw an interception on Tuesday's practice.

I'm not the only one who has noticed this, by the way. Clemens is clearly in the process of falling behind Pennington in his pursuit of the job, and when this is pointed out all you can do is repeat the same anti-Chad rants over and over, as it this could help Clemens. It won't. Only Clemens can help Clemens, and he damn well better start helping himself soon if he is going to get the job, because he's been going in wrong direction all camp long.

I dont need a defense.

You are basing the so called Chad bashing on your interpretation of Clemens play not mine. I have no problem at all with the way Clemens has played thus far and I look forward to seeing them play in a game on Thursday. It is your opinion that Clemens is clearly falling behind, not mine.

Archived