****THE OFFICIAL WEEK 1 PRESEASON Jets-Browns GAMETHREAD****

gangreenman

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ainge gets very little time at all.

Surprised they didn't give Clemens more time than they did, and that they gave Ratliff as much time as they did.

Ainge may not play in the preseason at all this year. They may keep him completely under wraps, then slide him onto the practice squad.

Ainge may not play in the preseason at all this year. They may keep him completely under wraps, then slide him onto the practice squad.

Yeah, which makes me even more confused or why we only gave Kellen 6 Pass Attempts. It's not like he's our starter, we shouldn't be so conservative with him. They should have seen WTF he can do. The more evaluating that the CS can do of Clemens, the better.

That RTP call is simply a moronic rule. The defender cannot stop on a dime, and he didn't use his helmet. If you play QB in the NFL you will take those hits. If you don't like it go work somepalce else.

Hope Schabel is okay.

Yeah, which makes me even more confused or why we only gave Kellen 6 Pass Attempts. It's not like he's our starter, we shouldn't be so conservative with him. They should have seen WTF he can do. The more evaluating that the CS can do of Clemens, the better.

I agree - until he gets hurt. :P

But yeah, I expected to see a lot more of him. About the amount of time that he and Pennington both would've gotten. Be interesting to see how long Favre is out there next week.

this defense is giving me a heart attack. Solid shutdown plays 3 times in a row, followed by a penalty, solid shutdowns 3 plays in a row, followed by a penalty... finally, 4 in a row!

I take it your day job is not an air traffic controller. It's a pre-season game and it is the Jets third string defense.

My second half thoughts:

- Brett Ratliff to David Clowney on a 70+ yard touchdown catch & run AGAIN! Magnificant! Both of these players have been lighting it up at camp and will most likely beat out Erik Ainge and Wallace Wright for the final spots at their positions. I hope this is the case but they must keep it up.

- I think we've found our new Punt Returner in Dwight Lowery. Justin Miller can't handle Punts and Leon Washington, although he did a fairly good job last season returning punts, he never scored or had a play like Lowery had. The Pittsburgh return was nice but still wasn't a score. Give Lowery a shot and keep Leon a little more healthier for offense.

- The starts of the game are easily Ratliff, Clowney & Lowery.

- And great job by the 3rd and 4th stringers to hold on even though on that final drive there were THREE boneheaded penalties by Lowery, Ahmad Carroll and Trevor Johnson. Good job soon to be milk truck drivers and 3rd stringers.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

--- Do not forget how the 1st team Defense struggled. Yes Ellis & Harris were out but we should expect much, much better in the next two Presesaon Games.

I agree - until he gets hurt. :P

But yeah, I expected to see a lot more of him. About the amount of time that he and Pennington both would've gotten. Be interesting to see how long Favre is out there next week.

He wont be out there at all next week IMO.

I'm not even sure he'll play vs The Giants.

My second half thoughts:

- Brett Ratliff to David Clowney on a 70+ yard touchdown catch & run AGAIN! Magnificant! Both of these players have been lighting it up at camp and will most likely beat out Erik Ainge and Wallace Wright for the final spots at their positions. I hope this is the case but they must keep it up.

- I think we've found our new Punt Returner in Dwight Lowery. Justin Miller can't handle Punts and Leon Washington, although he did a fairly good job last season returning punts, he never scored or had a play like Lowery had. The Pittsburgh return was nice but still wasn't a score. Give Lowery a shot and keep Leon a little more healthier for offense.

- And great job by the 3rd and 4th stringers to hold on even though on that final drive there were THREE boneheaded penalties by Lowery, Ahmad Carroll and Trevor Johnson. Good job soon to be milk truck drivers and 3rd stringers.

--- Do not forget how the 1st team Defense struggled. Yes Ellis & Harris were out but we should expect much, much better in the next two Presesaon Games.

Some of that has to do with the fact that the QB the Browns had in sucked balls!

this defense is giving me a heart attack. Solid shutdown plays 3 times in a row, followed by a penalty, solid shutdowns 3 plays in a row, followed by a penalty... finally, 4 in a row!

I have to agree with this, preseason or not. Watching anybody in a Jet uniform try to gag away a game is traumatic. I would have been pissed if they lost, and I know it's meaningless. I need therapy.

My second half thoughts:

Well summed up, agree completely.

I'm very excited to see what Clowney can provide for us this season. I want to see him play with the 1st's and 2nd's.

My second half thoughts:

The Dwight Lowery PR was sick but you can't forget about Washington's dominance on ST.

Some of that has to do with the fact that the QB the Browns had in sucked balls!

As pathetic as it sounds, Ken Dorsey is one of the best 3rd string Quarterbacks in the league. He's actually a pretty decent QB.

The Dwight Lowery PR was sick but you can't forget about Washington's dominance on ST.

Washington's "dominance" is limited to Kick Returns. He did pretty good last year on Punt Returns, but wasn't dominant at all. Dwight Lowery may or may not be but he did do something Leon didn't do at all in 2007 tonight. Give Dwight a chance and keep Leon fresh by keeping him off of the field on Punts.

He wont be out there at all next week IMO.

I'm not even sure he'll play vs The Giants.

They'll have at least a series or two of plays for him to run next week, and the full three quarters of work in the third game.

Traditionally, the Jets and Eagles sit all their starters in that last game, but I could see them (wisely) getting Favre out there for at least a series in that one, too.

Washington's "dominance" is limited to Kick Returns. He did pretty good last year on Punt Returns, but wasn't dominant at all. Dwight Lowery may or may not be but he did do something Leon didn't do at all in 2007 tonight. Give Dwight a chance and keep Leon fresh by keeping him off of the field on Punts.

Well don't forget about Justin Miller, he won't be seeing playing time with the way his covering skills are. He needs to at least return some punts.

Archived