****THE OFFICIAL WEEK 1 PRESEASON Jets-Browns GAMETHREAD****

gangreenman

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well don't forget about Justin Miller, he won't be seeing playing time with the way his covering skills are. He needs to at least return some punts.

Justin Miller couldn't field a punt cleanly if his life depended on it. Miller & Washington are great Kick Returners but arn't good Punt Returners.

Give Lowery a shot.

One thing I forgot to mention:

- GREAT pass protection all night by the Offensive Line whether it was by the starters, reserves or future milk truck drivers. Solid job. I think Bill Callahan is really going to help improve this line, despite the additions of Faneca & Woody.

- GREAT pass protection all night by the Offensive Line whether it was by the starters, reserves or future milk truck drivers. Solid job. I think Bill Callahan is really going to help improve this line, despite the additions of Faneca & Woody.

There was a play when Kellen dropped back and nobody was around him. Brick pancaked his guy. Faneca picked up a stunt.

It was one play but thinking back to last year it was amazing. I was waiting for the jailbreak and it never happened.

Hopefully that is a sign of good things to come!

There was a play when Kellen dropped back and nobody was around him. Brick pancaked his guy. Faneca picked up a stunt.

It was one play but thinking back to last year it was amazing. I was waiting for the jailbreak and it never happened.

Hopefully that is a sign of good things to come!

Exactly. I remember that play well. Faneca was helping D'Brick and immediatly seperated from that defender to blast the Cleveland lineman / linebacker back two yards. Fantastic play.

This line excites me big time. Favre is going to have plenty of time with Faneca and Woody in the fold.

It would've been nice to see more of the running game.

It would've been nice to see more of the running game.

I think with Favre holding the play sheet all night that the Jets wanted to run some more passing plays to show him some looks and so that he could look on with the play sheet. Smart move. Either way, we saw enough running game for me with Jones. Its the first preseason game.

TJ had four carries for 11 yards but on three of those four carries the line made some nice holes for him. Can't take much from it though. They'll probably run the ball more later on, but this team with Favre could quickly become a passing team.

Archived