The Jets are all in for 2008

All the chips are in and the Jets are going for it. Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, Vernon Gholston, Tony Richardson, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody and of course, Brett Favre are all here for one reason:

To win it all.

The Jets are going for it in the next one or two years.

Lets beat the Pats first, adding that many players in one year doesn't work that often, if ever. Look @ the Redskins, and 07 Pats.

I'm not saying we're going to, I'm just saying that Woody Johnson, Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini are all in. They want to win NOW. Favre will play one or two years and that means they want to win NOW.

Its def. a win now approach but I dont think were a team that basically has a 1-2 year window. The team has a great balance of old accomplished vets and a strong young core. I think that this is the year to do it, but I still think the Jets are in a position to be a good team for a few more years... guys like Cotch, Revis, Rhodes, Leon, Mangold, Brick, Harris, Gholston, Keller will be here for years (hopefully), and this FO has shown that they are capable of being aggressive in FA. I think the present and future are both pretty bright for the Jets. The only guys who I can think of on the top of my head who are great leaders and also long in the tooth are Favre, Faneca and maybe Coles...

Were not like the 02 raiders where we take our shot and then fall apart after.

Now they have a year to draft and develop a QB...

Definitely...

As strange as it sounds getting a QB is more of a priority next off season than it was a week ago...

KC just can't have any confidence and Favre is a 2 year option at best...I still don't think the starting 2011 QB is on the roster now, so let make sure we get a good one to lead our young guys now into the future...

I'm not saying we're going to, I'm just saying that Woody Johnson, Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini are all in. They want to win NOW. Favre will play one or two years and that means they want to win NOW.

Tanny and Mangini have to be all in. Their job is on the line if this team sucks this year. They had to go this route to protect themselves. Would you want to get fired because of Chad/Kellen sucking or because of Favre sucking...

If Favre is such a great QB, how come only Tampa and the Jets (and Minny/Chi probably) were interested in him?

All the chips are in and the Jets are going for it. Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, Vernon Gholston, Tony Richardson, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody and of course, Brett Favre are all here for one reason:

To win it all.

The Jets are going for it in the next one or two years.

Make in one. Good chance Favre will retire - then unretire - than maybe retire again. LOL!

Tanny and Mangini have to be all in. Their job is on the line if this team sucks this year. They had to go this route to protect themselves. Would you want to get fired because of Chad/Kellen sucking or because of Favre sucking...

If Favre is such a great QB, how come only Tampa and the Jets (and Minny/Chi probably) were interested in him?

Only thing I can think of is that Favre is year to year, and I can't blame other teams for that. I mean for the longest the reports were saying "Tampa Tampa Tampa", and Tampa wasn't budging on their offer (3rd round pick I believe). I think GB got a good deal, it remains to be seen if we did too.

Only thing I can think of is that Favre is year to year, and I can't blame other teams for that. I mean for the longest the reports were saying "Tampa Tampa Tampa", and Tampa wasn't budging on their offer (3rd round pick I believe). I think GB got a good deal, it remains to be seen if we did too.

If another team made the same deal we made, I would be pissed off we didnt get him.

Im just wondering a bit why no one else really got involved. A 3rd or 4th rounder for 1 year of Brett Favre is better than half the QB's in this league.

Just interesting to me... thats all.

Skip Bailess Picks The Jets to go 12-4.

I'd have to agree with that. At WORST this team should be 10-6 and thats if things go horribly wrong in some games. I think a 12-4 season is not out of the question.

New England (2x)

Seattle

San Diego

Buffalo (2x)

Those are the games we have to watch out for. The rest? Very winnable games. Should wins.

I don't see why not. I don't care what all these di<khead Cheattriots bandwagon reporters say about the Jets. We are going to win the AFC East and prove everyone wrong. they'll be the Celtics of football.

Do you know how many rings the Celt's have in their history? I know your excited, but don't get your hopes to high.

Do you know how many rings the Celt's have in their history? I know your excited, but don't get your hopes to high.

He means how a team that was one of the worst in league spent money in Free Agency and became Champions the following season.

He means how a team that was one of the worst in league spent money in Free Agency and became Champions the following season.

Not trying to pick fights with you or anyone, but honestly how many times has that happened in Football? I don't understand the whole "Favre = Championship" mentality. Maybe I've been a Jets fan too long LOL.

I agree 124, Tangini would not or should not have went after Favre unless they believe this team is ready to go to the SB. That is what excites me about this, They have a better idea of the talent level on this team than I do. I personally don't think that we are a SB Caliber, but I would ****ing love it if I was wrong.

Archived