Live Updates From Training Camp On Sat 08/09

Maxman

4HCrew and pal Vinny are in attendance today. I was supposed to make the trip but have to work at 4:30 (I live 2+ hours from Hempstead without much traffic) and couldn't find anyone to cover. Oh well.

I saw them in Chrebet's after the game. We sat real close in the bleachers but didn't see each other there.

R u guys not checking twitter? Max is giving updates every 5 minutes!!

Damn Mrs. T -- thank you! I am texting my proverbial a$$ off all day long and the mods didn't even read the first post in this thread, lol.

:)

SoFla -- LOL!!!

Great day, just got back. Awesome time, Favre looked really good. Clemens had no timing with the receivers and was bouncing balls all over the place. Favre was on the money.

It was friggin HOT. And crowded. I am not sure what the official head count was but there were thousands of people there. Some people by me got there at 8:30am. It truly was Standing Room Only.

Some guy yells as Kerry Rhodes runs by, Kerry it wasn't this crowded last week. Kerry started cracking up and nodded in agreement.

Tyson will have some thoughts on the day later and Brian did another excellent camp report for us. http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59067 I will get that on the front page shortly.

And we will have some pictures on the site VERY soon. Took a lot, most of them I can't actually publish but anyone with a Jet in the picture we will upload.

One note about Favre -- everyone knows about his arm strength. And it is certainly impressive. The fear was conditioning and picking up the play book.

Conditioning - He looks like he is in pretty good shape. Leberfeld made a big deal on the NFL Network because Brett didn't take part in any off season conditioning program. You don't play as many games in a row as this guy has without knowing how to keep yourself in shape. And he ran around for two hours, so I wouldn't worry about his conditioning, he looks good.

One other note about the play book. Wherever Brett was, there was a coach or player helping him out. They did work early on with formations. And a lot of passing later on. When Brett wasn't under center, he was still working.

The point? He is going to pick this up quick. :winking0001:

Damn Mrs. T -- thank you! I am texting my proverbial a$$ off all day long and the mods didn't even read the first post in this thread, lol.

it sucks being an idiot Max, when seemingly simple tasks like figuring out how to sign up with Twitter or STILL not knowing how to put a picture or a YouTuber in a sig and are beyond one's comprehension...

it sucks being an idiot Max, when seemingly simple tasks like figuring out how to sign up with Twitter or STILL not knowing how to put a picture or a YouTuber in a sig and are beyond one's comprehension...

I don't think you need an account on twitter to read the updates.

Anyone that was at camp..are they selling stitched Favre jerseys, or just replica?

Thanks.

They had green replicas. You know what is funny? The workers were told to tell everyone where the Favre jerseys were. My brother buys one and we go back into the tent later on.

The worker says to him, I know you already bought one, but I have to tell everyone who walks in that the Favre jerseys are over there (points).

Thanks! Just in case we forgot and wanted to buy a 2nd one.

They had green replicas. You know what is funny? The workers were told to tell everyone where the Favre jerseys were. My brother buys one and we go back into the tent later on.

The worker says to him, I know you already bought one, but I have to tell everyone who walks in that the Favre jerseys are over there (points).

Thanks! Just in case we forgot and wanted to buy a 2nd one.

This sucks.

I was one of the first to order from NFL.com, and in my confirmation they told me 5-7 days. Now they tell me 10-12 weeks! I cancelled my order, bc by the time the jersey came Brett might be considering retirement already.

This sucks.

I was one of the first to order from NFL.com, and in my confirmation they told me 5-7 days. Now they tell me 10-12 weeks! I cancelled my order, bc by the time the jersey came Brett might be considering retirement already.

LOL...don't go there...yet IC...it's like the guys who start "who are we gonna draft next year?" threads right after the season starts

LOL...don't go there...yet IC...it's like the guys who start "who are we gonna draft next year?" threads right after the season starts

Ratliff for QB in 08'... or maybe AInge.... who knows... lets just enjoy this year first.

SoFla -- LOL!!!

Great day, just got back. Awesome time, Favre looked really good. Clemens had no timing with the receivers and was bouncing balls all over the place. Favre was on the money.

It was friggin HOT. And crowded. I am not sure what the official head count was but there were thousands of people there. Some people by me got there at 8:30am. It truly was Standing Room Only.

Some guy yells as Kerry Rhodes runs by, Kerry it wasn't this crowded last week. Kerry started cracking up and nodded in agreement.

Tyson will have some thoughts on the day later and Brian did another excellent camp report for us. http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59067 I will get that on the front page shortly.

And we will have some pictures on the site VERY soon. Took a lot, most of them I can't actually publish but anyone with a Jet in the picture we will upload.

One note about Favre -- everyone knows about his arm strength. And it is certainly impressive. The fear was conditioning and picking up the play book.

Conditioning - He looks like he is in pretty good shape. Leberfeld made a big deal on the NFL Network because Brett didn't take part in any off season conditioning program. You don't play as many games in a row as this guy has without knowing how to keep yourself in shape. And he ran around for two hours, so I wouldn't worry about his conditioning, he looks good.

One other note about the play book. Wherever Brett was, there was a coach or player helping him out. They did work early on with formations. And a lot of passing later on. When Brett wasn't under center, he was still working.

Excellent report Max. Looks like we won't have to worry about Favre learning this offense. You know, it kinda seems like the great players make the offense look good, and not the other way around. No matter how "smart" Pennington was (and I've always debated this) he was never going to produce with that. Dan Marino and Favre are apparently not as smart, yet they sure seem adept offensively don't they?

I can't believe how terrible KC is. Good thing we aren't relying on him, this would have been an absolute disaster. I just don't know what they saw in him to burn that draft pick, and what Jaws saw. Jaws also thinks the world of Tarvaris Jackson, and pretty much every other QB. I think he's just a nice guy and doesn't want to criticize players unfairly. In all honesty, any QB in the NFL is going to be in the top 100 in the world, that's just how it is, so it's hard to say they just "suck" and it's easy to find positives in what they do. That's what Jaws does, but in terms of evaluation, relying on him is a bad idea. I think Jaws is an excellent analyst and commentator though since his attitude is correct for that avenue. Just never make him a GM or scout.

SoFla -- LOL!!!

Great job Max!

Thank you!

Thanks Max.

When do they actually practice in Florham Park & is there a schedule anywhere?

They move to Florham Park the first week in September. But they are finished with camp at that time so the practices are closed. Next year the practices will be open and we will have TONS of free coverage!

I am really looking forward to it.

They move to Florham Park the first week in September. But they are finished with camp at that time so the practices are closed. Next year the practices will be open and we will have TONS of free coverage!

Cool!!

So am I.

I used to work 5 minutes from Florham Park, but I still live about 20 minutes away. I say, if we can & when the time comes, we have some get togethers after the practices & have a few cold ones. :cheers:

Cool!!

So am I.

I used to work 5 minutes from Florham Park, but I still live about 20 minutes away. I say, if we can & when the time comes, we have some get togethers after the practices & have a few cold ones. :cheers:

Without a doubt. I work about half an hour away from the new facility. I plan on being there often!

Without a doubt. I work about half an hour away from the new facility. I plan on being there often!

Moving to Florham Park is the best. A lot of Jets fans hail from New Jersey and now the training facility is a little less than an hour from my house. Can't wait. I'll be there once or twice a week for sure.

No prob Max, something told me they were not checking twitter! I was on the Parkway, in bumper to bumper traffic, checking twitter on the iPhone. That think came in handy. :cheergal:

Cool!!

So am I.

Moving to Florham Park is the best. A lot of Jets fans hail from New Jersey and now the training facility is a little less than an hour from my house. Can't wait. I'll be there once or twice a week for sure.

We drove past the new facility yesterday. It is close to us. Scary close. I can go every night after work & weekends without a doubt.

They had two concrete forms on either side of the entrance. I'm guessing once the forms are stripped, they will be emblazoned with shiny new Jets logos.

Archived