I Am A Fan Of The NY JETS

Maxman

#27 left me rep that says he is a better fan than me! LOL!!! I love it. In a lot of ways I guess that is what it has become. (I know # 27 was joking).

But I know a Giants fan that said he is mad at all the Bandwagon fans because they don't know his pain. His pain? He jumped on the bandwagon when Fassel took the team to the Super Bowl they lost against the Ravens.

I don't need a measuring stick (mine will always be smaller). But when it comes to the Jets if someone wants to jump on the bandwagon, that is fine with me. The more the merrier.

For me the Jets winning the Super Bowl would be more internal kind of satisfaction. I couldn't possibly find all the people that talked Jets Smack to me over the years.

First off, great friggin opening post. If that didn't summarize the state of this board pefectly then I don't know what would have.

Guys become lightning rods now for teams problems. Alot of folks whined about Herm then when Herm was gone the whined about Chad. When Chad was hurt the whined about Vilma. When Chad got healthy they whined about Chad.

I think alot of us (me included) forget that not one guy is the sole reason for teams success or failure. It is 11 guys on offense, 11 guys on defense and 11 guys on special teams. When the unit is in synch and plays with confidence you have a team like the Jets in 86 when they started off 10-1 and were wiping teams out by halftime. When you are not you have last years Jets.

Bottom line is Vilma is gone, D-Rob is gone. Chad is gone to Miami. He will make them a better team this year and will make winning opening day ALOT harder then people think.

Favre becomes the new lightning rod here. If the Jets start off 0-3 or 1-2 people are going to be p!ssed and you will see posts here "Well we could gotten of to this kind of start Pennington".

I sure hope the defense steps up because if they don't it is still going to be a long year, Favre or no Favre.

That line about the Giants fan whining is just too much and you are pretty much dead on. Should have asked if he lived through the 70's when neither team made the playoffs the entire decade.

That line about the Giants fan whining is just too much and you are pretty much dead on. Should have asked if he lived through the 70's when neither team made the playoffs the entire decade.

Thanks.

And he is a bandwagon fan himself. He took off several years. He watched years ago when the Giants were good. And then came back that Fassell year. Nothing football related in between.

None of it matters though because they don't award you points for how long you have been a fan. They should just enjoy it, I know I would.

Over the past few years we have become a fan base divided. With the explosion of the internet, people have more access to the team than ever. They can express their opinions like never before.

I am a fan of the NY Jets.

Herman Edwards was a polarizing figure. So many things have happened over the past few years that have turned fan against fan.

Chad Pennington has a weak arm. Lamont should get more of Curtis Martin's carries. DeWayne Robertson and Vilma don't belong in the 3-4. The stadium should be in (insert city name here). PSLs aren't bad.

These are some of the things that have divided people. The discussions are good ones. But they are too personal at times. Just because someone thinks Chad Pennington can win here, doesn't make them a bad Jets fan. Just because someone thinks Vilma could do well in the 3-4, doesn't make them less of a fan. We all have our opinions. If someone feels that they PSLs are a good investment, that is their choice. If a season ticket holder gives up their tickets because of PSLs, that is their choice as well.

One day though, this franchise will get it right. One day, the Jets will win the Super Bowl. The question is when that happens, will we be a fan base divided?

What we all want is the same thing. For the Jets to be # 1. That is what we as fans root for.

Our visions of the best way to make that happen are all well and good. They should just never lead us down a road that has Jets fan against Jets fan. Our common enemy is Tom Brady and the Cheating Belichick.

Let us unite, focus our anger and root for the Jets. This is not to say that we have to support them blindly. I just fear a day when the Jets do win it all and instead of everyone being happy, some are sad because "their player" or "their plan" wasn't the winning formula.

We are fans. Most of us have been fans for a very long time. When the Jets do win it all, we should experience a feeling (almost) like no other.

Go Jets!!!

You would think this guy owns his own Website or something lol

Great Post Max

POTW NOM for the Boss, I think it's his first

Like SoFla, I've been a Jet fan since the very early 60's. I wish I could tell you why.

I went to games in the Polo Grounds that seemed like private showings.

I endured through Charley Winner, Lou Holtz, Bruce Coslet and Pete Carroll. Not to mention Joe Walton and Rich Kotite.

I gnashed my teeth through the Richard Todd era. At least I developed the hatred for Don Shula and all things teal then.

I dreaded the draft every year and usually ended up pi$$ed off atfter every one (Roger Vick? Kyle Brady?).

I watched Gastineau rough Kosar on 3rd and forever. I broke the tuner on my TV set that day shutting it off with my foot.

I watched Blah Thomas fumble in Chicago. I watched the team quit in Houston in the last game of a season with a playoff spot on the line.

The Clock Play. Browning Nagle. Keith Byars fumbling in Denver. Leon Johnsom throwing an option pass in Detroit. A thousand other plays that I'm sure others can recall.

I moved from NYC in 1981, and ever since then I've taken all sorts of BS from Washington fans and now Buffalo fans about being a Jet fan. From little sneers to snickers to outright ridicule.

But I'm still here.

I don't care when anyone says. We ARE the most loyal fans in the NFL.

No fans have remained with their team with so little positive feedback.

So if we do win a Super Bowl in my lifetime, I won't be complaining about a damn thing. I won't even be giving it to Bills fans here.

I'll just have an ear-to-ear grin for a year. Simply because I know that all of us have earned it for our loyalty.

Great post, Max.

Here lies G.O.B.

Want to buy his house? It is still for sale. Inquire within.

:-P

Be lucky I at least made you 80 in the damn thing. Having another 40 years of being a Jets fan, that may be too optimistic for us all.

As for me, between my job and my love for the Jets, I won't make it past 2020. :D

Like SoFla, I've been a Jet fan since the very early 60's. I wish I could tell you why.

I endured through Charley Winner, Lou Holtz, Bruce Coslet and Pete Carroll. Not to mention Joe Walton and Rich Kotite.

I gnashed my teeth through the Richard Todd era. At least I developed the hatred for Don Shula and all things teal then.

I dreaded the draft every year and usually ended up pi$$ed off atfter every one (Roger Vick? Kyle Brady?).

I watched Gastineau rough Kosar on 3rd and forever. I broke the tuner on my TV set that day shutting it off with my foot.

I watched Blah Thomas fumble in Chicago. I watched the team quit in Houston in the last game of a season with a playoff spot on the line.

The Clock Play. Browning Nagle. Keith Byars fumbling in Denver. Leon Johnsom throwing an option pass in Detroit. A thousand other plays that I'm sure others can recall.

I moved from NYC in 1981, and ever since then I've taken all sorts of BS from Washington fans and now Buffalo fans about being a Jet fan. From little sneers to snickers to outright ridicule.

But I'm still here.

So if we do win a Super Bowl in my lifetime, I won't be complaining about a damn thing. I won't even be giving it to Bills fans here.

I'll just have an ear-to-ear grin for a year. Simply because I know that all of us have earned it for our loyalty.

Great post, Max.

Great post. Well done. I join you in most of these remembrances.

Without reading anything in this thread - not even the content of the initial post - I don't feel that I have to. The thread title is self-explanatory.

And the irony is pretty funny. I mean, I would hope you're a Jets fan. What the else are any of us even doing here, hello. :P

Without reading anything in this thread - not even the content of the initial post - I don't feel that I have to. The thread title is self-explanatory.

And the irony is pretty funny. I mean, I would hope you're a Jets fan. What the else are any of us even doing here, hello. :P

We're here to talk about Brett Favre. Duh.

But I'm still here.

Great post, Max.

Wesley Walker was talking about the QBs from back in the day (Todd and O'Brien). He said something that I always believed -- O'Brien would have been really good if the teams (and protection) were better.

Archived