I Am A Fan Of The NY JETS

Maxman

Over the past few years we have become a fan base divided. With the explosion of the internet, people have more access to the team than ever. They can express their opinions like never before.

I am a fan of the NY Jets.

Herman Edwards was a polarizing figure. So many things have happened over the past few years that have turned fan against fan.

Chad Pennington has a weak arm. Lamont should get more of Curtis Martin's carries. DeWayne Robertson and Vilma don't belong in the 3-4. The stadium should be in (insert city name here). PSLs aren't bad.

These are some of the things that have divided people. The discussions are good ones. But they are too personal at times. Just because someone thinks Chad Pennington can win here, doesn't make them a bad Jets fan. Just because someone thinks Vilma could do well in the 3-4, doesn't make them less of a fan. We all have our opinions. If someone feels that they PSLs are a good investment, that is their choice. If a season ticket holder gives up their tickets because of PSLs, that is their choice as well.

One day though, this franchise will get it right. One day, the Jets will win the Super Bowl. The question is when that happens, will we be a fan base divided?

What we all want is the same thing. For the Jets to be # 1. That is what we as fans root for.

Our visions of the best way to make that happen are all well and good. They should just never lead us down a road that has Jets fan against Jets fan. Our common enemy is Tom Brady and the Cheating Belichick.

Let us unite, focus our anger and root for the Jets. This is not to say that we have to support them blindly. I just fear a day when the Jets do win it all and instead of everyone being happy, some are sad because "their player" or "their plan" wasn't the winning formula.

We are fans. Most of us have been fans for a very long time. When the Jets do win it all, we should experience a feeling (almost) like no other.

Go Jets!!!

Agreed Max!

I think we have the most passionate fans that love the Jets

Its hard not to. Its been a long time since we have won the superbowl.

It doesnt help that the Giants won it last year so more pressure is on us to win.

We all want the Jets to do well but at the same time we have different opinions on what would work best for the team.

We just want them to win...Period

:cheers:

Over the past few years we have become a fan base divided. With the explosion of the internet, people have more access to the team than ever. They can express their opinions like never before.

Herman Edwards was a polarizing figure. So many things have happened over the past few years that have turned fan against fan.

Chad Pennington has a weak arm. Lamont should get more of Curtis Martin's carries. DeWayne Robertson and Vilma don't belong in the 3-4. The stadium should be in (insert city name here). PSLs aren't bad.

These are some of the things that have divided people. The discussions are good ones. But they are too personal at times. Just because someone thinks Chad Pennington can win here, doesn't make them a bad Jets fan. Just because someone thinks Vilma could do well in the 3-4, doesn't make them less of a fan. We all have our opinions. If someone feels that they PSLs are a good investment, that is their choice. If a season ticket holder gives up their tickets because of PSLs, that is their choice as well.

One day though, this franchise will get it right. One day, the Jets will win the Super Bowl. The question is when that happens, will we be a fan base divided?

What we all want is the same thing. For the Jets to be # 1. That is what we as fans root for.

Our visions of the best way to make that happen are all well and good. They should just never lead us down a road that has Jets fan against Jets fan. Our common enemy is Tom Brady and the Cheating Belichick.

Let us unite, focus our anger and root for the Jets. This is not to say that we have to support them blindly. I just fear a day when the Jets do win it all and instead of everyone being happy, some are sad because "their player" or "their plan" wasn't the winning formula.

We are fans. Most of us have been fans for a very long time. When the Jets do win it all, we should experience a feeling (almost) like no other.

Go Jets!!!

I HAVE A DREAM!!! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Go Jets!!!

Great post, Rep'd!

Good post Max. In particular I liked the remark you made about even tho they win

the Super Bowl someone will will be sad for a few reasons.

I'm here to tell you I know it will happen first hand.

I had been a fan since '60. Worked in an office where most were Giant fans. There

were a few Jet fans but only one other was into like I was. Well the next day

after the SB I came in to the office letting every know what happened. The other

Jet fan although happy complained all day about 3 or 4 different things that the Jets

should have done. Many moons have past and I don't remember what they were but

you get the idea.

As you said and I can tell you it will happen on here.

I probably have the dumbest reason for becoming a JETS fan than anyone in here, so please dont laugh @ me.

My mom is a Giants fan, always was and by default I should be too since that was the team in our house. For some reason I was soo drawn to the JETS shade of green as a young girl and teenager. I always thought it to be the most beautiful shade of green ever, and for that reason I was drawn to the JETS and became the JETS fanatic I am now. Pretty lame reason, but hey J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!! Im 22, and only got into football in the late 90's when I was a preteen. It doesnt matter how we all became JETS fans, all that matters is that we all have love for our team and support them no matter what. GO JETS!

I probably have the dumbest reason for becoming a JETS fan than anyone in here, so please dont laugh @ me.

My mom is a Giants fan, always was and by default I should be too since that was the team in our house. For some reason I was soo drawn to the JETS shade of green as a young girl and teenager. I always thought it to be the most beautiful shade of green ever, and for that reason I was drawn to the JETS and became the JETS fanatic I am now. Pretty lame reason, but hey J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!! Im 22, and only got into football in the late 90's when I was a preteen. It doesnt matter how we all became JETS fans, all that matters is that we all have love for our team and support them no matter what. GO JETS!

All my underwear is that color. ;) ;)

I said this long ago to some friends, also Jet fans, who were constantly bemoaning out team and fate: Whether the Jets are 16-0 or 0-16, they are my team, I won't jump ship, and I'll watch the games every week. Of course this doesn't mean that I won't make the lives of my family a living hell with all my screaming, cursing, and hurling small items of furniture into walls. It just means I'll still love them no matter what.

Pretty much how i became a Steelers fan is i watched a game when i was a kid and loved the Black and Gold.

BTW, excellent post, Max.

I said this long ago to some friends, also Jet fans, who were constantly bemoaning out team and fate: Whether the Jets are 16-0 or 0-16, they are my team, I won't jump ship, and I'll watch the games every week. Of course this doesn't mean that I won't make the lives of my family a living hell with all my screaming, cursing, and hurling small items of furniture into walls. It just means I'll still love them no matter what.

The rest of the family isn't cursing too?

The rest of the family isn't cursing too?

LOL. Usually at me for flipping out so much. Every year I say that I will tone down my act, but this lasts only until the first Jet blunder, which is commonly a few seconds into the first possession. Anybody remember the Jets going 5-0 in preseason under Nagle, then he fumbles--and loses--the first snap of the season and we go 4-12?

Good post Max. In particular I liked the remark you made about even tho they win

the Super Bowl someone will will be sad for a few reasons.

I'm here to tell you I know it will happen first hand.

I had been a fan since '60. Worked in an office where most were Giant fans. There

were a few Jet fans but only one other was into like I was. Well the next day

after the SB I came in to the office letting every know what happened. The other

Jet fan although happy complained all day about 3 or 4 different things that the Jets

should have done. Many moons have past and I don't remember what they were but

you get the idea.

As you said and I can tell you it will happen on here.

WOW. I thought this was an internet kind of thing. Didn't realize that it pre-dates that. Pretty scary thought.

The agents were the ones that are supposed to worry about how the team wins (so their players get the stats and get paid).

At this point I would take a Super Bowl win even if it was a forfeit. :) By any means necessary.

#27 left me rep that says he is a better fan than me! LOL!!! I love it. In a lot of ways I guess that is what it has become. (I know # 27 was joking).

But I know a Giants fan that said he is mad at all the Bandwagon fans because they don't know his pain. His pain? He jumped on the bandwagon when Fassel took the team to the Super Bowl they lost against the Ravens.

I don't need a measuring stick (mine will always be smaller). But when it comes to the Jets if someone wants to jump on the bandwagon, that is fine with me. The more the merrier.

For me the Jets winning the Super Bowl would be more internal kind of satisfaction. I couldn't possibly find all the people that talked Jets Smack to me over the years.

Go Jets!!!

fag alert!fag alert!

#27 left me rep that says he is a better fan than me! LOL!!! I love it. In a lot of ways I guess that is what it has become. (I know # 27 was joking).

But I know a Giants fan that said he is mad at all the Bandwagon fans because they don't know his pain. His pain? He jumped on the bandwagon when Fassel took the team to the Super Bowl they lost against the Ravens.

I don't need a measuring stick (mine will always be smaller). But when it comes to the Jets if someone wants to jump on the bandwagon, that is fine with me. The more the merrier.

For me the Jets winning the Super Bowl would be more internal kind of satisfaction. I couldn't possibly find all the people that talked Jets Smack to me over the years.

Kind of like 1994 for all Rangers fans. :cheers:

Yes, the team comes first. I've seen players come and go. Chad is just the latest.

That being said, it will be a sad day when Matt Chatham leaves. I don't know what I will do. ;)

Seriously, how is that no talent, lost in space, bald headed f#ck still on the team?

Yes, the team comes first. I've seen players come and go. Chad is just the latest.

That being said, it will be a sad day when Matt Chatham leaves. I don't know what I will do. ;)

Seriously, how is that no talent, lost in space, bald headed f#ck still on the team?

the real question is how will feel when James Dearth leaves Maynard....let's see where you REALLY stand on this Jets loyalty thing

Chatham picked off Favre yesterday. He ain't going nowhere!!!

Chatham picked off Favre yesterday. He ain't going nowhere!!!

I hope we keep that kid from Rutgers in the middle Renkhart-at least on the PS...Adrian Murrell's brother played a good game Thursday night-he needs to do it again against Washington...I'm really rooting for some of these kids

Go Jets!!!

As a long time, and long time suffering Pats fan, I resemble those remarks!

Good post, Maximus...well, except the evil TB and BB part ;)

Trust me though - nothing like winning a SB to unite a fanbase...a long suffering one at that. I'd wish you luck in that endavor - just not yet...unless your playing the Steelers in the AFC Championship game. Then I became a Jets fan. I hate the Steelers.

Go Jets!!!

cartman-screw-you-guys.jpg

You're a f***ing faggot, dude.

Go Jets!!!

Great post, Max.

You are now the Winston Churchill of JetNation.

1:30 into the youtube video

zMaeupzm1mw

cartman-screw-you-guys.jpg

You're a f***ing faggot, dude.

:bwahaharoll:

:rl:

You're a chick???

It doesn't matter how you became a Jets fan......as long as you're one now that's all that counts IMO.

Archived