Kellen Clemens Supporters....Stand up!!!

JonEJet

I'm not sure about Aikman, but, Peyton always showed flashes of something. And I had always thought Eli did too, before everyone shouted me down and I stupidly gave into peer pressure. I've seen something in Tarvaris Jackson as well, hence why I am not so quick to write him off as everyone else apparently is, especially since I learned my lesson from the Eli Manning mistake.

I've never seen a thing out of Alex Smith, David Carr or JP Loserman. I have yet to see anything out of KC, but I've only see him play that Thanksgiving game as I was out of town that year. From TC reports and other things, I don't have much hope in KC. But apparently, Ratliff is a different story. You gotta SHOW something. Right now it just doesn't seem like there is anything in KC.

Speaking of "it" factor, I really like Derek Anderson, even though IJ hates him. If Cleveland is stupid enough to get rid of Anderson and go with Quinn, Anderson might not be a bad idea.

I don't hate him, I just think he's overrated due to a great sitaution. Most QB's would look great with the weapons and protection he has to work with.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
some of those games they won despite Clemens. He stinks.

I'm not disputing that, but teams win lots of games despite their QB's ineptitude. And lose lots of games despite the QB doing well.

Should a stat line of 9-of-21 for 123 yards, with 0 TD's and 2 INT's, be good enough for your team to win a superbowl? No. But Roethlisberger still has a Superbowl ring.

hah no problem JonE we both can see the IT factor

you probably see it all the time up close at Clemson

Remember this name

This name will stick out like a sore thumb

Da'Quan Bowers

Barring injuries, will be one of the greats to ever come out of Clemson. True Freshman:cheers:

I agree - people who think Farve will be teaching anyone to do anything besides make a funny fart joke doesn't know Farve.

But since we are talking about IT factor - good news Jets fans - Brett Ratliff has the IT Factor.

It took awhile, but many posters who shall remain nameless on here finally get what "it" is:Nuts:

I second the above.

Once he got cut and teams were lining up for Chad's services, even at this late date, they had to invent something to cover up how wrong they were proven to be.

Problem is...this guy you agreed with IS a Chadbasher:p

Actually, that is a totally ridiculous assertion when you consider Clemens is only entering his third season in the league and has a whopping 8 games of starting experience, where as Harrington, has been given numerous chances to be a starter, on several different teams and has proven he completely sucks everywhere he has went.

A very outlandish assertion indeed.

I once had suggested a very outlandish insertion. My wife wouldn't come anywhere near shampoo bottles for months.

Sorry for the interlude, continue as you were.

Remember this name

This name will stick out like a sore thumb

Da'Quan Bowers

Barring injuries, will be one of the greats to ever come out of Clemson. True Freshman:cheers:

he's already been blogged several times, the guy is basically best freshman DE in country from what people are saying.

Kellen >> Chad .....I still feel the same way about this, Your Boy Chad got released

But I will admit that I didn't see Ratliff breaking out and Bumping Kellen to the 3rd Qb on the depth Chart Just because he threw two Bomb's in a preseason Game.I still have faith In "The Kid".

Chad is gone and you are still trying to compare them..Got news for you Mikey, Chad is gone instead of KC because of the $6 mill cleared for Favres contract, not because KC was playing better..

Chad is gone and you are still trying to compare them..Got news for you Mikey, Chad is gone instead of KC because of the $6 mill cleared for Favres contract, not because KC was playing better..

Mangini's philosophy is to keep the best players on the 53 man roster, "The best players that give us the best chance to win will play."

Chad could have easily been restructured if the team really felt he was the better QB and they could have released Clemens.

Obviously that was not the case.

Mangini's philosophy is to keep the best players on the 53 man roster, "The best players that give us the best chance to win will play."

Chad could have easily been restructured if the team really felt he was the better QB and they could have released Clemens.

Obviously that was not the case.

not true A-Rod...why would Chad re-structure again anyway?

Cutting Clemens would have meant cutting at least one other player also. It has been written here that KC wasn't showing anything in camp AGAIN...Even with Chads $6 mill off the books, Tannebaum has said we are tight on the cap now. There was no choice but to cut the big $$$'s

Cutting Clemens would have meant cutting at least one other player also. It has been written here that KC wasn't showing anything in camp AGAIN...Even with Chads $6 mill off the books, Tannebaum has said we are tight on the cap now. There was no choice but to cut the big $$$'s

If given the opportunity, I think Chad would have gladly restructured his contract (rather than be released outright) because he flat out sucked last season and he knew it. But I can see your point as well as far as clearing CAP space for Favre.

The bottom line is we are a better team with Favre, Clemens and Ratliff and without Pennington.

If given the opportunity, I think Chad would have gladly restructured his contract (rather than be released outright) because he flat out sucked last season and he knew it. But I can see your point as well as far as clearing CAP space for Favre.

The bottom line is we are a better team with Favre, Clemens and Ratliff and without Pennington.

nice Cuda

If given the opportunity, I think Chad would have gladly restructured his contract (rather than be released outright) because he flat out sucked last season and he knew it.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Depends on how much the Jets would be willing to give him on that restructuring. I do believe Chad would much prefer being a starter on another team to being a backup with the Jets, if the money were anywhere near equal.

There was no time to discuss restructuring. Contrary to some fans here, the Jets knew that Chad did have some respect around the league as a starting QB and knew he would be alright when they cut him, that teams would want him. So they pulled the trigger on Favre, and knew that Pennington would end up in a good place-probably a better place than benchwarmer behind a Hall of Famer.

I can surely agree that Favre, Clemens and Ratliff is far better than Pennington, Clemens and Ratliff or Clemens, Pennington and Ratliff.

I have difficulty understanding how you figure this fact translates into Clemens, Pennington and Ratliff is better than Pennington, Clemens and Ratliff. I don't see the connection. In fact, right now I don't see much of anything, I'm feeling kind of dizzy.......

2nd rd pick a bust?

In the ongoing "get rid of Pennington" hysteria, some fans decided to pretend that a 2nd round pick is the automatic "future", when in fact only the first round pick gets that status. The line went, "You might as well go to Kellen now because Pennington can't get us to the SuperBowl and the changeover to Clemens became inevitable as soon as you chose him as high as the second round". In truth, if a second rounder gets the starting job, it's because he earned it in practice and preseason, not because he was so impressive in college that the team expected him to be the starter the day they drafted him. The first round pick gets treated like that, not the second round pick.

I'm not saying that Irish Jet endorsed that reasoning, but many fans have convinced themselves of this and you need to deal with that belief in your posts.

I have difficulty understanding how you figure this fact translates into Clemens, Pennington and Ratliff is better than Pennington, Clemens and Ratliff. I don't see the connection. In fact, right now I don't see much of anything, I'm feeling kind of dizzy.......

You made me dizzy with that paragraph because I have no idea what you're talking about.

We could have cut McCareins. That would have cleared up most of the $6M.

Archived