Dolphins trade QB McCown to Panthers

FINS, PANTHERS DO A DEAL

Posted by Mike Florio on August 29, 2008, 5:47 p.m.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports that the Miami Dolphins have traded quarterback Josh McCown to the Panthers.

Terms of the deal are not yet known.

McCown was signed by the Dolphins earlier this year, and he received a $2.5 million signing bonus. It was believed that he would not be released, even though he was rendered unnecessary by the arrival of Chad Pennington.

On Thursday night, backup quarterback Matt Moore suffered a shin injury. Though early reports were encouraging, the decision to bring in McCown can

Funny. I could have sworn Crashingjet guaranteed me that this guy was better than Pennington a good few weeks back.
Hell all their QB's were better than Pennington according to that FLIPPER CLOWN a few weeks back.

Chad was the worst QB in the league remember, it's only since he walked into dolfag camp and was immediately handed over the reigns that CJ became his bitch!!!

Go Chad Go...:cheergal:

flippingdolphin1.gif?t=1218740393

WTF?

Thanks for getting something for Chad Tangini!

Jerks!

Hell even a 7th 3 years from now is better than nothing!

I was pissed too. They (Dolfags) get a starter for NOTHING yet pick up a draft choice for dealing their 3rd stringer. It just, to me, shows how classy the Jets were to release Chad so he'd quickly catch on with another team rather than let him dangle for a week or so. I'm sure that if they knew he'd go to the Dolfags the FO might have thought differently.

I was pissed too. They (Dolfags) get a starter for NOTHING yet pick up a draft choice for dealing their 3rd stringer. It just, to me, shows how classy the Jets were to release Chad so he'd quickly catch on with another team rather than let him dangle for a week or so. I'm sure that if they knew he'd go to the Dolfags the FO might have thought differently.

Technically...I think McCown was our fourth stringer...but that is splitting hairs.

And thank you for Pennington. Good Ol' noodlearm has looked good for us in preseason. One man's trash is another man's treasure I suppose.

Technically...I think McCown was our fourth stringer...but that is splitting hairs.

And thank you for Pennington. Good Ol' noodlearm ha slooked good for us in preseason. One man's trash is another man's treasure I suppose.

Not in this case. :Nuts:

The Jets weren't so benevolent. They had to release Pennington to fit Favre's salary under their cap.

Compensation is a 7th round pick.

FINS GET A SEVENTH-ROUNDER FOR MCCOWN

Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2008, 9:36 a.m.

So what do the Miami Dolphins have to show for the $2.5 million signing bonus they paid to quarterback Josh McCown earlier this year?

A seventh-round pick in the 2009 draft, from the Panthers.

It

Archived