The Yankees aren't going to make the playoffs

Maxman

you heard it here first.

Shocking news, I know. I would rather you hear this from me. Thor was going to tell you all tomorrow. I just wanted to beat him to the punch.

:-P

What a terrible year for the Yankees. I think it is time to let Cashman go. Nice guy. He brought stability to the franchise. I am still shocked George didn't can him years ago.

He has the most money every year. And he hasn't gotten it done. Some really bad contracts can be attributed to him.

Time to give someone else a shot, especially with a lot of money coming off the books this year.

Thanks Jason. Thanks Bobby. Mike if someone gives you a crazy contract, thank you as well.

Arod isnt even the best player in the game right now(by a wide margin)

And he's not EVEN CLOSE to being the best player in our lifetime.

Lifetimes include different players for everyone, so let's not talk about that.

Who's better today? Saying he's not close to being the best player today seems to be a little off-base to me.

I really get a charge out of this. The Yanks haven't had a clutch hit since Aaron Boone in 2003. No one hit against the Angels in 2005, the Tigers in 2006 and the Indians last year. And one person takes all the grief for a collective team failure.

You made the playoffs last year with 3 guys having career years (A-Rod, Posada and Cano). 1 is having a good year, 1 has been out the entire year, and one has, quite frankly, stunk it up.

Don't blame this all on A-Rod. Your pitching has been sub-standard all year, and in baseball, it's ALWAYS about the pitching. You went into the season counting on 3 pitchers with less than 10 combined MLB starts. Did you really think that was going to work out in your favor? I shudder to think where the Yanks would be without Mussina, who EVERYONE wanted to get rid of at the end of last year.

I hope you get your wish and they trade A-Rod (although no one is going to take that salary). That will ensure them being mediocre or worse for a very long time. You're not going to sign Sabathia, I'll bet he'll be with the Dodgers next year. You're not going to sign Texeira either. Free agents came to the Yankees to win a title, and everyone knows that isn't happening for a while.

They have to develop another core of young players to build around and that's going to take some time. There just are too many old players that have to be replaced. And none of the Steinbrenners have the patience for that.

Lifetimes include different players for everyone, so let's not talk about that.

Who's better today? Saying he's not close to being the best player today seems to be a little off-base to me.

I really get a charge out of this. The Yanks haven't had a clutch hit since Aaron Boone in 2003. No one hit against the Angels in 2005, the Tigers in 2006 and the Indians last year. And one person takes all the grief for a collective team failure.

You made the playoffs last year with 3 guys having career years (A-Rod, Posada and Cano). 1 is having a good year, 1 has been out the entire year, and one has, quite frankly, stunk it up.

Don't blame this all on A-Rod. Your pitching has been sub-standard all year, and in baseball, it's ALWAYS about the pitching. You went into the season counting on 3 pitchers with less than 10 combined MLB starts. Did you really think that was going to work out in your favor? I shudder to think where the Yanks would be without Mussina, who EVERYONE wanted to get rid of at the end of last year.

I hope you get your wish and they trade A-Rod (although no one is going to take that salary). That will ensure them being mediocre or worse for a very long time. You're not going to sign Sabathia, I'll bet he'll be with the Dodgers next year. You're not going to sign Texeira either. Free agents came to the Yankees to win a title, and everyone knows that isn't happening for a while.

They have to develop another core of young players to build around and that's going to take some time. There just are too many old players that have to be replaced. And none of the Steinbrenners have the patience for that.

lol

The Yankees were designated to that little corner tv at the bar that no one could see last night. It's over.

Arod continues his monster September. A**hole

After they officially get eliminated, he's a lock to catch Reggie with some monster meaningless games. YEAH!

you heard it here first.

Shocking news, I know. I would rather you hear this from me. Thor was going to tell you all tomorrow. I just wanted to beat him to the punch.

:-P

What a terrible year for the Yankees. I think it is time to let Cashman go. Nice guy. He brought stability to the franchise. I am still shocked George didn't can him years ago.

He has the most money every year. And he hasn't gotten it done. Some really bad contracts can be attributed to him.

Time to give someone else a shot, especially with a lot of money coming off the books this year.

Thanks Jason. Thanks Bobby. Mike if someone gives you a crazy contract, thank you as well.

I'm already predicting a World Series win for the Yanks next year.:P

This is your brain on drugs.........

They an have that party saying goodbye to Yankee Stadium. But as fdar as I'm concerned baseball season is over.

They really have no chocie but to blow Texiera and Sabbathia out of the water, because their young guys-Cano, Cabrera, Kennedy and Hughes-collectively shat the bed. Even Joba can't seem to stay healthy.

2008 has totally sucked.

They cannot move into the new stadium squaking about young pitchers and plausibly think they can win anything. The Sawx and Rays right now have more talent under contract for 2009 than the Yanks. We have no idea if Mussina or Pettitte are coming back, and Abreu and Giambi are gone. Plus A-rod, Jeter, Matsui and Damon

are all a year older.

There's Austin Jackson and...

Uh, there isn't much. Add in the fact theat they pissed away thier top pick on a goofball Boras client who wouldn't sign, and this youth movement is pretty hurting.

Yup. I hope to see these guys still here:

Damon

Abreu

GayFraud

Jeter

Posada

Matsui

Nady

As far as I'm concerened, they can dump any hitters they want besides those guys. I am pretty much fed up with Cano too. If they can find the right deal for him, we can go the Soriano route with him .

Archived