Jaguars lose both starting Guards for season

JAGUARS LOSE BOTH STARTING GUARDS

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 8, 2008, 6:34 p.m.

The Jacksonville Jaguars lost a game to the Tennessee Titans yesterday, and they learned that they also lost both starting guards today.

Guard Vince Manuwai is out for the season with a torn ACL in his right knee, and guard Maurice Williams could miss the entire season, and most likely at least two months, with a ruptured right biceps. Manuwai has started every game except one for the last five years; Williams has started all but six games for the last six years.

Coach Jack Del Rio indicated that the team hasn

Not looking good in Jacksonville. They let up 7 sacks yeseterday while Garrard threw two interceptions. Now by losing their G's the pressure will come even more up the middle and this will kill the running game.

Looks like buffalo will be 2-0..

makes our game vs newengland even more important.

Looks like buffalo will be 2-0..

makes our game vs newengland even more important.

Hopefully. I know Marcus Stroud, who played great yesterday, is going to be more amped up than ever for this game, and know hes going to be chomping at the bits seeing two new guards in there. Hopefully our DL is all over Garrard and is stuffing Taylor and Jones-Drew all day.

Hopefully. I know Marcus Stroud, who played great yesterday, is going to be more amped up than ever for this game, and know hes going to be chomping at the bits seeing two new guards in there. Hopefully our DL is all over Garrard and is stuffing Taylor and Jones-Drew all day.

Hey i think you Bills fans got a decent young team there. Was surprised at how well they played my team a few weeks back even tho it was pre-season.

Kind of funny how the AFC has looked this first week. Prior to the games I remember someone posting that IND, PIT, NE, and SD were locks for the divisions and JAX and us were the WC favs. Now, Brady is out. IND looked like garbage. JAX was the sexy pick for alot of analysts and they're in big trouble. PIT is the only one that looked good. The misfortunes of some of these teams couple with IND looking like they're taking a step backwards this year really opens up the field for us. I could see PIT, NYJ, and BUF being the 3 big teams to beat in the AFC the way things are shaping up.

Kind of funny how the AFC has looked this first week. Prior to the games I remember someone posting that IND, PIT, NE, and SD were locks for the divisions and JAX and us were the WC favs. Now, Brady is out. IND looked like garbage. JAX was the sexy pick for alot of analysts and they're in big trouble. PIT is the only one that looked good. The misfortunes of some of these teams couple with IND looking like they're taking a step backwards this year really opens up the field for us. I could see PIT, NYJ, and BUF being the 3 big teams to beat in the AFC the way things are shaping up.

I'd love it if it shook out that way. But i'm warning ya, do NOT put too much stock in the way the Steelers beat the Texans. Things seemed to come to easy for us, i have to see how they handle adversity and a tougher D. It was only one game.

what's the deal with the bills? All they showed was the parrish return. Are you a legit team and did you put together nice drives/defensive stops?

i had the bills pegged as a playoff contender this year, i'm anxious to see their result with Jax.

I'd love it if it shook out that way. But i'm warning ya, do NOT put too much stock in the way the Steelers beat the Texans. Things seemed to come to easy for us, i have to see how they handle adversity and a tougher D. It was only one game.

don't overlook the texans defense. I'll give them a couple more weeks to hold judgement on them but they have some serious talent in their front seven. They are another team that could still surprise this year.

what's the deal with the bills? All they showed was the parrish return. Are you a legit team and did you put together nice drives/defensive stops?

i had the bills pegged as a playoff contender this year, i'm anxious to see their result with Jax.

We put together a few really good drives, the pass blocking was great, Lynch was solid as usual and Evans had a big day going over 100 yards. The defense was amazing. They were throwing looks that confused Hasselbeck all day, and he had constant pressure on him, and the coverage was also great, as he threw tons of incompletions. Their rushing game was non-existent. The Bills honestly looked great Sunday, I know it was only one game, but with the injuries Jacksonville has, I can see us winning, and after that our schedule is cake until our bye week.

We put together a few really good drives, the pass blocking was great, Lynch was solid as usual and Evans had a big day going over 100 yards. The defense was amazing. They were throwing looks that confused Hasselbeck all day, and he had constant pressure on him, and the coverage was also great, as he threw tons of incompletions. Their rushing game was non-existent. The Bills honestly looked great Sunday, I know it was only one game, but with the injuries Jacksonville has, I can see us winning, and after that our schedule is cake until our bye week.

What's your opinion of Trent Edwards? Real deal yet?

They better beat jax. i got buffalo winning in a money pool...and i never bet! I'm not looking forward to the jets playing buffalo, it's going to be two tough games, i hope we earn a split.

What's your opinion of Trent Edwards? Real deal yet?

Still too early to tell. He played really well once he settled down Sunday, and he showed improvements on things from last year. He manages the game well, and has been giving us chances to win games. If he can play like Sunday all season, we got a shot at the playoffs.

The jury is still out on him though, I'm going to give him more time, he's only started 10 games in his early career.

lots of injuries around the nfl this first week. just goes to show you that it doesn't matter when you play a game preseason or reg. season you can go do any game. The difference is the reg. season means something. And it sucks for season ticket holders have to pay full price for preseason tickets.

Yeah but the fact that there are 4 pre-season games vs. what I think it should be (2, but fairest would be 3) means that you have more of a chance to get hurt in games that don't count for anything. I think that's the real drawback in terms of injuries during the pre-season, Injuries happen, but I pray to the JET GODS that we stay healthy as a unit. Get out the rosaries

Still too early to tell. He played really well once he settled down Sunday, and he showed improvements on things from last year. He manages the game well, and has been giving us chances to win games. If he can play like Sunday all season, we got a shot at the playoffs.

The jury is still out on him though, I'm going to give him more time, he's only started 10 games in his early career.

Jury is definitely still out on him, but to me, he doesn't really have that presence, that even Matt Ryan or (you could even go so far as to say) Joe Flacco has with their respective teams. Now, that's not even necesarily what the Bills need, b/c they looked dominating on Sunday vs. a FLAT - INEPT - OVER THE HILL - ON THE WAY DOWN (How many other ways can I say thist) - TALENTLESS TEAM WITHOUT OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKERS.

As a Jet Fan, I can safely say, I truly hope that this season the AFC East comes down to two dominating teams that haven't enjoyed the fruits of sucess (lately, if ever) the JETS and the Bills. Good luck this year Bills fans, except 2 (maybe 3) times this year.

They better beat jax. i got buffalo winning in a money pool...and i never bet! I'm not looking forward to the jets playing buffalo, it's going to be two tough games, i hope we earn a split.

It seems like no matter how good or bad we are, we always lose at least 1 game and quite often both to Buffalo. I can't tell you the last time we swept them, maybe '98? I'm surprised they're not more hated here!!

Archived