Report: Brady tore both ACL, MCL

bear

Report: Brady tore both ACL, MCL; Gutierrez rejoins Pats

ESPN.com news services

Updated: September 10, 2008, 5:38 PM ET

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady tore both the ACL and MCL in his left knee, but medical tests showed no damage to other knee ligaments and no torn cartilage, The Boston Globe reported Wednesday.

AFC East blog

graham_tim_m.jpg ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog.

I have heard that Brady's injury is not quite as bad as Carson Palmer's a couple of years ago. And Palmer looks like he has made a complete recovery.

the same "spring" so to speak that a QB has will NEVER be 100% as strong as before the tears

but 90-95% and a pain-free future, yes. (assuming no more damage)

what the hell is wrong with you?

******* should be banned for posting false threads.

Who do you think you are? Alk?

I guess the OP missed the opening 2 lines of the article:

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady tore both the ACL and MCL in his left knee, but medical tests showed no damage to other knee ligaments and no torn cartilage, The Boston Globe reported Wednesday.

I guess reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of his.

I have heard that Brady's injury is not quite as bad as Carson Palmer's a couple of years ago. And Palmer looks like he has made a complete recovery.

How can you really say that? He hasn't been nearly the same player. Duante Culpepper hasn't either.

McNabb took a year to recover but he looks great again, especially if he keeps it up. I don't think his injury was as serious though.

Still, Brady won't be a serious threat to us for either this season or the next. It takes a year to recover from the surgery, but then it takes another entire year to get back to where you were before the surgery.

I changed the title- do not post something like this agian. Remember it is only a fricking game and to wish career ending things on people is just not right.

Correction myself and sperm changed the title-just root for the Jets to win.

How can you really say that? He hasn't been nearly the same player. Duante Culpepper hasn't either.

McNabb took a year to recover but he looks great again, especially if he keeps it up. I don't think his injury was as serious though.

Still, Brady won't be a serious threat to us for either this season or the next. It takes a year to recover from the surgery, but then it takes another entire year to get back to where you were before the surgery.

Carson Palmer had a very similiar injury in January of 2006 (2005 season) and started in September that same year.

2005 season: 32 TDs, 12 INTs, 3836 yards.

2006 season: 28 TDs, 13 INTs, 4035 yards.

Barring a setback, Brady will start the 2009 season and will be as good as ever.

Everybody is different recovering from injuries, but Palmer threw for 4,131 yards, 64.9% comp with 26 TDs last year. On a team that is getting worse each year. His 40 yard time might be off, but he is still a heck of a QB.

what the hell is wrong with you?

******* should be banned for posting false threads.

Who do you think you are? Alk?

ok Sorry ! Guess i should of worded it differently.I Would never wish injury on anyone.My point was he`s old,and he will never be the same qb when he comes back from his knee injury .His knee, i think will not fully recover for atleast two years.Let alone the phycological effects it will have on him.When or if he ever comes back, he will be a couple years over thirty.So yes his career is esentially over. also Carlson Parmer was a lot young when he blew out his knee.Well anyway guys sorry for tthe title of the post. i should of used abetter choice of words

Actually Palmer's injury was much more severe. I believe he had to have both ligaments surgically repaired where Brady only has to have the ACL repaired. On top of that, he tore some cartilage and dislocated his kneecap. Brady will be back to 100% before opening week next season much to some people's dismay. The Jets fans won't pay any attention though because they'll be too engrossed in the "Is Brett Favre retiring?" soap opera.

Actually Palmer's injury was much more severe. I believe he had to have both ligaments surgically repaired where Brady only has to have the ACL repaired. On top of that, he tore some cartilage and dislocated his kneecap. Brady will be back to 100% before opening week next season much to some people's dismay. The Jets fans won't pay any attention though because they'll be too engrossed in the "Is Brett Favre retiring?" soap opera.

Hellooooooooo

MCL was torn too..glad you are not by doctor

Archived