dont panic

bitonti

This isn't gonna be a popular post but when has that ever stopped me?

Im gonna say this short and sweet this was an L back when the schedule was released in May/June. Before Farve, Before Brady injury, this was an expected L. We all knew it. Flying 3000 miles to face the Chargers is a tall order, going there when they are 0-2 and their season basically on the line, and they are still more talented than almost every other team in the nation is darn near impossible. The Pats game was an expected L as well. These things happen.

Now we can sit here and panic and cry and talk about firing everyone and benching everyone, and moan that "expected losses" are a cop out , that the Jets whould win every game, blah blah blah.

or we can be realistic and note that Vegas had the Jets as 10 point dogs, the Chargers needed to win more this week and the Pats needed to win more last week - the schedule gets alot easier from here on out, and there is alot of football left to be played.

Ok bring it on I probably deserve it

This isn't gonna be a popular post but when has that ever stopped me?

Im gonna say this short and sweet this was an L back when the schedule was released in May/June. Before Farve, Before Brady injury, this was an expected L. We all knew it. Flying 3000 miles to face the Chargers is a tall order, going there when they are 0-2 and their season basically on the line, and they are still more talented than almost every other team in the nation is darn near impossible. The Pats game was an expected L as well. These things happen.

Now we can sit here and panic and cry and talk about firing everyone and benching everyone, and moan that "expected losses" are a cop out , that the Jets whould win every game, blah blah blah.

or we can be realistic and note that Vegas had the Jets as 10 point dogs, the Chargers needed to win more this week and the Pats needed to win more last week - the schedule gets alot easier from here on out, and there is alot of football left to be played.

Ok bring it on I probably deserve it

Nah, it's a good point. Prior to Brady's injury, I think everyone expected the Jets to be 1-2 heading into week 4. Now while we arguably should have (or could have) won the NE game without Brady, it is what it is. Going forward, it's still only helpful that NE clearly won't be winning 14+ games this season.

If we don't pull out the Arizona game, you can start to panic. But if we head into the bye at 2-2, we're right where most optimistic people realistically had us being, even with the revamped roster.

I agree completely. Looking at the schedule all along 2 and 2 through the first 4 games was pretty much the best case scenario.

They have a short week but the Arizona game is winnable. They win that game then they have the bye. Two weeks to get things in order and prepare for the Bengals. After the bye they face:

Bengals

Raiders

Chiefs

Buffalo

Rams

That isn't a bad stretch. Winning can cure a lot of problems. The offense needed reps. Wasn't the way anyone wanted it but they got some reps last night. The communication between Favre and the Receivers has to improve. Once that happens they will be better off.

But I am not panicking right now. If they lose to the Cardinals that is another story. But they have a shot to go into the bye week at 2 and 2. After a tough opening schedule that isn't bad.

I think you are petty much on the money Bit. My two biggest concerns right now are.

1) It will be week 15 when Favre finally figures out the nuances of the offense. By that time the season will be lost and Favre will probably head off to retirement.

2) The loss of Jenkins. Who know how much but right now he is the rock that makes this defense go. Without him we are looking at last year all over again.

The Chargers are team that alot of people picked to go to the Super Bowl and lost their opener on the last play and got screwed week 2. This is still a top notch team despite starting the year 0-2.

The question is where are the Jets. Year 3 for Mangini and right now we look like the same team that we have been since 2001.

it's how u lose

i would have no problem with a loss if we played decent

without Jenkins our D is gawd awful

Wow I seem to remember saying Jenkins was the single most valuable player on this team before the season started. Don't remember that everyone agreed with me.

I think you are petty much on the money Bit. My two biggest concerns right now are.

1) It will be week 15 when Favre finally figures out the nuances of the offense. By that time the season will be lost and Favre will probably head off to retirement.

2) The loss of Jenkins. Who know how much but right now he is the rock that makes this defense go. Without him we are looking at last year all over again.

The Chargers are team that alot of people picked to go to the Super Bowl and lost their opener on the last play and got screwed week 2. This is still a top notch team despite starting the year 0-2.

The question is where are the Jets. Year 3 for Mangini and right now we look like the same team that we have been since 2001.

Yup.

Nah, it's a good point. Prior to Brady's injury, I think everyone expected the Jets to be 1-2 heading into week 4. Now while we arguably should have (or could have) won the NE game without Brady, it is what it is. Going forward, it's still only helpful that NE clearly won't be winning 14+ games this season.

If we don't pull out the Arizona game, you can start to panic. But if we head into the bye at 2-2, we're right where most optimistic people realistically had us being, even with the revamped roster.

Yeah, I agree. We probably should have beaten the Pats, I honestly think we

This just about sums it up.

The first half of the game Favre looked lost. Should have had 5 picks. Two for TD's

Without Jenkins. Very sad.

You guys get on me for the negativity about my team?;)

Favre will only get better as he acclimates to the playbook. Actually, your entire offense will get better. However, you better hope Jenkins is out for a short while because the 3-4 will not work without a "real" nose to close the gaps. As constituted right now - I'm not sure your team is equiped to win a shoot-out. Sure - you could if you unleased Favre.....but there is inherent risk there. He tends to throw that awful pick, you know?

Speaking of Favre - could the announcers and ESPN in general wax on and on and on about Lord Favre or what? Seriously, everyone at that station has a mad crush on the guy. I even heard the "he's want's to have fun out there...like an eight year old boy." I wanted to puke. Besides last year, the man has been on a career slide....and please, I thought he was always an over-rated moron. Sorry, but ESPN makes me dislike him THAT much.

Favre will only get better as he acclimates to the playbook. Actually, your entire offense will get better. However, you better hope Jenkins is out for a short while because the 3-4 will not work without a "real" nose to close the gaps. As constituted right now - I'm not sure your team is equiped to win a shoot-out. Sure - you could if you unleased Favre.....but there is inherent risk there. He tends to throw that awful pick, you know?

Speaking of Favre - could the announcers and ESPN in general wax on and on and on about Lord Favre or what? Seriously, everyone at that station has a mad crush on the guy. I even heard the "he's want's to have fun out there...like an eight year old boy." I wanted to puke. Besides last year, the man has been on a career slide....and please, I thought he was always an over-rated moron. Sorry, but ESPN makes me dislike him THAT much.

1) Yes losing Jenkins would be a huge loss. Especially because this coaching staff has proven that they can't adapt a new style of anything on the fly.

2) The ESPN booth reminds me of the old ABC booth when Marino was around. I swear Dan Dierdorf wanted to have his baby.

These guys do the same thing when they broadcast a game that Brady is playing....They love them some Tom.

2-2 would be a wet dream right now as the Arizona Cardinals are no slouches. Although I do think having a bye week earlier in the season is going to be much more helpful than harmful. It gives everyone a chance to mesh a little bit more, rest some of the banged up guys, and just think the defense always gets better after the bye week adjustments!

If Jenkins is hurt for an extended period of time, we will really see what type of coach Mangini is.

Will he be able to adjust? Or will he just simply throw a scrub like Pouha into the fire and cross his fingers?

Not too sure David Clowney can play nose when he gets back

Who else would you suggest we throw ou there?

right now I'm almost there-panic mode...lose next week and it'll be an E-mail campaign every day on every board BY ME to the FO to fire Mangini...threats of bagheaded Jets fans on ESPN every day should put the fear of God into even an idiot like Woody Johnson

Archived