So did JI get rid of the premium section?

Matt39

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you really want a good laugh, look at the first page of the official game thread thread. It's like wow, man, we're young, wild and crazy and we just might stay up until one in the morning tonight for like, two pages.

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96621

I like the way the Greg Buttle is such a phoney thread was locked, pronto.

Political dissidence is not tolerated.

No criticism of Herm, and no criticism of Herm's yes men is allowed.

If you're on Herm's payroll, you are untouchable.

Is it me or does JI look and feel alot like theganggreen board. Hell JI has even gotten a lot of TGG transplants.

alot of the idiots migrated over there

one reason we all came over here is because the amount of idiotic newbies over there with their mock drafts and bullsh*t

alot of the idiots migrated over there

one reason we all came over here is because the amount of idiotic newbies over there with their mock drafts and bullsh*t

Yes, I know. My point is, that JI and TGG hated each other now JI is becomming what it hated.

Yes, I know. My point is, that JI and TGG hated each other now JI is becomming what it hated.

Well, that's how JI used to butter its bread. When Sooth first started that site, there was like, ten regulars. Me, Bob, Shakin318 and Jim325 and Jim T (Greenblood) and a few others used to invade other message boards, stir up a bee hive, and have one or two regulars follow us back over (thats why there is, and always was, alot of Pats fans on that board). Then one day, there was this huge war between JI and TGG started by one Hermans Hermit. I was a mod at JI at the time, and someone convinced me that it was Petrozza. So, like a dumb dog, I went over to TGG and started up a board war with Petrozza. Needless to say, the guy was completely innocent of any nefarious behavior. Hermans Hermit was an inside job, and I was a dupe. JI took off after that incident.

The second time I got played like a violin, was when Herms Herald and Jet Fumes came to the board, and brought an army of Dolphins fans (who called themselves the horde). At this time a new poster showed up, ala Hermans Hermit, BIG BAD COLTS FAN.

Long story short, I would get about one hundred emails a day (I'm not kidding, either) from Jet Fumes and Herms Herald and members of The Horde accusing each other as being BBCF. I was really starting to lose it. At this time, I was the only Mod, and I was also the only guy who regulars knew my real name. So one wacko, who used to post pictures of animals in sexually provocative poses, looked up my phone number and began calling my house. When I told Sooth, his response was "You should have had an unlisted phone number". :lol:

Anyway, after 9-11 happened, I completely lost it.

That board jumped the shark a long, long time ago. Sure, it's increased in popularity and volume, but the heart and soul, the blood and guts of it, has been ripped out.

Sooth doesn't need his hit squad, any more. He's got his press passes now, he's got Limo Lady and all her free stuff, and he's got Bergen Jet working the bells and whistles.

I understand fully why I was treated like a pariah (once my "talent" was no longer needed), but I thought Bob really got a raw deal. He was a perfect gentleman and performed his mod duties impeccably and with integrity.

The way he just got the ol' heave ho, truly shocked me. Bob and the Gun of Bavaria. That was a birds eye view into the soul of Jets Insider.

It is ironic that for four years, all we did was bash TGG and Jets Confidential, and lo and behold, thats what JI is today.

The thing with BBCF that always bugged me was no matter how many times I banned the guy, he'd be back almost instantly. I could never figure it out, but the lights went on upstairs when I saw that post Tom Shane made on this board I will fight you I will punch you and Max couldn't figure it out how the guy was always getting back in.

There are alot of terrible posters over there. It's actually pretty sad, because it used to be my favorite site, except for Donkeylove.com, of course.

The kids have taken over, and they all suck.

I go there now to read the political board mostly.

The baseball forum is dead.

Hey JM, I think the animal wacko is back. Nice historical perspective, I wasn't around in the beginning. They actually called your house? Yeesh! I guess Bob's stadium views didn't sit well with the chief. Raw deal for sure.

Hey JM, I think the animal wacko is back. Nice historical perspective, I wasn't around in the beginning. They actually called your house? Yeesh! I guess Bob's stadium views didn't sit well with the chief. Raw deal for sure.

Hey JJ. :wink:

Yup, the dude kept calling my house. It was very disturbing, especially when my daughter answered the phone. That didn't sit well with me. :lol:

Well, that's how JI used to butter its bread. When Sooth first started that site, there was like, ten regulars. Me, Bob, Shakin318 and Jim325 and Jim T (Greenblood) and a few others used to invade other message boards, stir up a bee hive, and have one or two regulars follow us back over (thats why there is, and always was, alot of Pats fans on that board).

Moses, what ever happened to Shakin318?

I still go over to the political part, but that's about it. I'm just shocked the whole thing didn't lock up Friday night like the LIE on a Friday afternoon in the summer during any game. Seriously-is there going to be refunds when people can't get on the site right after games? That's exactly the time you want to get on and hash it out, and for about the last 2 seasons, what ever server they're using, it goes down like clockwork.

Did seem after the '03 mess of a season the JI management got the idea that criticizing the Jets in any way wasn't something they wanted. In the sense that Sean's got a press pass, probably getting Jets ad revenue and now getting folks to fork over actual cash, he's not having anyone mess that up. It's a business. Wonder if he gets a cut if anyone buys Jets merchandise going through JI.If he can make money like that, so be it and good luck. But I'm at a loss what you get for $54 that you cannot get from reading the Post. Cheesecake contests?

There are alot of terrible posters over there. It's actually pretty sad, because it used to be my favorite site, except for Donkeylove.com, of course.

The kids have taken over, and they all suck.

I go there now to read the political board mostly.

The baseball forum is dead.

That baseball forum is complete crap. Really bad, nobody ever posts there anymore. And when they do its always a stupid thread.

Which is now part of the "premium" site, by the way.

Hmmmm. $50 a year to see pictures of trashy jersey girls humping an old Jets helmet? No thanks....

Shoot, I'm sure I can find that for free on the internet! It's a beautiful thing, that crazy internet...

And we know who the pro-JI crowd is! Captain Obvious, away! :lol:

Eh... what's to bash? It is what it is. A bunch of 15 year olds who drink the kool aid, a bunch of elitest people who gang up on people who don't see things their way, and... well, just too much crap.

There's just a ton of large ego's on that site. Your turn JM! :lol:

Especially a lot of ANTI-NJ bias over there.

Thanks to JetMoses and T-Mac for the kind words. You're good men, both of you, and I appreciate your friendship.

I'd best not say anything else about the topic at hand.

I agree or we'll be starting a "I GOT BANNED FROM JI" post all over again...

Too many spies over here!

Archived