Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

New Yankee Stadium and Citi Field Construction Thread

You know what's great about the New Yankee Stadium is that it still instantly looks like Yankee Stadium. You don't get that with Citifield, there's little connection other than the apple to Shea.

You know what's great about the New Yankee Stadium is that it still instantly looks like Yankee Stadium. You don't get that with Citifield, there's little connection other than the apple to Shea.

I think that was the plan, for both teams.

The Yankees really couldn't of built Citi Field, Yankee fans would of been PISSED, but the Mets want to forget Shea Stadium, so they built a very small, fan friendly ball park.

• Upvote 1

09img1886kp0.jpg

They put nets down the baselines during batting practice, I assume they are up, to have them out of the way. They have been up, before they put down the sod.

Edited by Tyler Durden

I can't wait till the home opener. This thing is gonna be beauuuuutiful.

You know, for all the complaining that us Mets fans do about the size, and the prices, and no Manny yet... I like the look of Citi Field, and I can't wait to go to a game there next year.

You know, for all the complaining that us Mets fans do about the size, and the prices, and no Manny yet... I like the look of Citi Field, and I can't wait to go to a game there next year.

As a Yankees fan (no ****), I like the looks. The seating it seems makes you feel like you're right on top of the game.

I cannot wait to go to a game this year at the new stadium. I am going to pay a fortune, but I have to go to at least one game.

Wow.

Strange to see Shea gone.

Its better that way.

Wow, CITI Field is tiny. Looks like a stadium for a small market team. :confused:

The New Yankee stadium is awesome!