Derek Anderson benched!

Vudu

If Favre does retire after this season I'd gladly take Derek Anderson off their hands. 2 years, $16 million left on his deal. The guy is a good QB, as others have said, Braylon Edwards' key drops have been KILLING them this season, not to mention their tough September schedule and Swiss Cheese Defense. Other than that pass to Terrell Suggs yesterday, Anderson hasn't made a Chad like pass all year. ;)

If Favre does retire after this season I'd gladly take Derek Anderson off their hands. 2 years, $16 million left on his deal. The guy is a good QB, as others have said, Braylon Edwards' key drops have been KILLING them this season, not to mention their tough September schedule and Swiss Cheese Defense. Other than that pass to Terrell Suggs yesterday, Anderson hasn't made a Chad like pass all year. ;)

I still want to eventually see what we have in Ratliff first Joe...you ever notice it's always him on the sidelines picking Favre's brain and NOT Clemens

Freakin dumb move... If Edwards wouldve caught the bomb Anderson put right in his hands they wouldnt be in this mess....If their defense wasnt swiss cheese they wouldnt be in this mess....I cant wait to see Brady Quinn implode and blow up in their face...

Kris Jenkins>>>Shaun Rogers

Braylon has at least 14 drops. I stopped counting, but i remember I had a higher total when I watched some browns games earlier this season. I am sure he has at least 20 drops. Even going with the "official" total, he's averaging roughly 2 drops a game. That's absurd.

DA has been awful too, but Edwards contributed a lot to that. DA is a big play type player, he's pretty much an old school gun slinger. If you're dropping the big plays, which he's been putting on target honestly, of course his stat lines will look awful.

There's no going back either. Once you bench the guy it is over, he'll never be your starting QB for your team again, outside of starting just because of injury. Shoulda thought of that before giving him that huge contract. They'll probably cut him now, I wouldn't mind signing him as the backup with the understanding that he'd get a chance at the starting job when Favre retires.

I still want to eventually see what we have in Ratliff first Joe...you ever notice it's always him on the sidelines picking Favre's brain and NOT Clemens

I think Ratliff looked really good, for a couple of Preseason Games against 3rd stringers and UPS truck drivers. Until we see him on the field of play, I don't have a tremendous amount of excitment when it comes to him. When you have an unknown it is always best to have competition in there. What better than a proven commodity who if Quinn performs well, should come on the cheap?

I think the thing here is Anderson was drafted fifth by another team, got cut after one year, came to the Browns unheralded and ended up giving them one great year. With that history it's easier to bench him the next year when he has a prolonged slump.

If he had two good years instead of one, they might stick with him longer. If they had drafted him first day of the draft themselves they might stick with him. But with his history, he gets the hook after several bad games.

Interesting. I'll have to watch for that. Hey, maybe Clemens already knows it all. :P

Archived