Is Brady a system QB?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Brady a system QB?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Namaths gambling on the NFL will last forever as well.

He made Pete Rose look like a boy scout. NFL players didnt make a whole lot of dough back in those days. Do you ever wonder if Namath shaved points on game?

With bad knees and retirement staring him in the face who couldnt use a little extra money?

nice try

the FBI followed him, tapped his phones, investigated his finances, and they never found anything on the NFL

Joe gambled constantly, he'd bet on anything, even the fates of Red ants

anything but the NFL

he associated with a lot of mafia guys and bookies so he could bet on the horses and whatever else, but he never bet on the NFL

the FBI agent assigned to Namath states in Mark Kreigels biography of Namath that the source of the rumors that Joe bet on and then fixed NFL games was "losing gamblers"

and as far as money goes, he was the highest paid player in the NFL, and he had a ton of endorsement deals, and he got the mink got for free just to be seen wearing it, so there was need for him to gamble, he just liked it

why would rozelle suspend paul ****ing hornung and Alex karras, packers golden boys for gambling, but not namath ?

because he never bet on the NFL, that's why

you are ignorant on the subject, and your argument is weak

good day

..again with the cheating crap. Yup, they filmed what was there for everyone to see - what every other team filmed - they just did it from a forbidden area. But whatever keeps you warm at nite....

What I find funny is the "gay" jokes about Brady - and he kind of deserves it with the metrosexual look he sports. But gee whiz - it looks like Joe Namath was the very first metro! Ahead of his time, that one. Dating starlets and models and wearing Gawd knows what? I mean, could you imagine if Brady did a panty-hose commecial?

Funny how things change. Fur coats and bling are part and parcel for star atheltes these days. Dating V.S. models is ho-hum. Wearing Armani is a mandatory. Man-purses are necessary.

Anyway, did anyone call Joe Namath gay?

..again with the cheating crap. Yup, they filmed what was there for everyone to see - what every other team filmed - they just did it from a forbidden area. But whatever keeps you warm at nite....

What I find funny is the "gay" jokes about Brady - and he kind of deserves it with the metrosexual look he sports. But gee whiz - it looks like Joe Namath was the very first metro! Ahead of his time, that one. Dating starlets and models and wearing Gawd knows what? I mean, could you imagine if Brady did a panty-hose commecial?

Funny how things change. Fur coats and bling are part and parcel for star atheltes these days. Dating V.S. models is ho-hum. Wearing Armani is a mandatory. Man-purses are necessary.

Anyway, did anyone call Joe Namath gay?

bite your tongue lady;)

lol

the commish took away a first round draft pick and fined mumbles $500,000 over location

suuuuure

hey whatever keeps you warm at night

it doesn't matter to pats* fans that they employ a guy in the video dept whose only known skill is interpreting hand signals and reading lips I guess

oh, and what was the mysterious extra frequancy for ?

I've yet to come across a pats* fan who will reply to this, will you ?

was it for intercepting opponents coach to QB communications ?

was if for communicating with brady after the other channel went dead before the snap ? you know, during the play ?

how about what casserly said about the pats* sending waterboys into opponents locker-rooms after halftime to look at the whiteboards to see what was written down ?

what about the opponenets QB headsets going dead in ratsboro on key drives in the 4th quarter ?

c'mon

the pats* systematic cheating is disgraceful

lol

the commish took away a first round draft pick and fined mumbles $500,000 over location

suuuuure

hey whatever keeps you warm at night

it doesn't matter to pats* fans that they employ a guy in the video dept whose only known skill is interpreting hand signals and reading lips I guess

oh, and what was the mysterious extra frequancy for ?

I've yet to come across a pats* fan who will reply to this, will you ?

was it for intercepting opponents coach to QB communications ?

was if for communicating with brady after the other channel went dead before the snap ? you know, during the play ?

how about what casserly said about the pats* sending waterboys into opponents locker-rooms after halftime to look at the whiteboards to see what was written down ?

what about the opponenets QB headsets going dead in ratsboro on key drives in the 4th quarter ?

c'mon

the pats* systematic cheating is disgraceful

Brilliance. Any questions? Post of the Week Nomination.

Brilliance. Any questions? Post of the Week Nomination.

Interestingly enough - communication gaffes happen other places other than Foxboro - and nary a word from you all...and not much from ESPN...well, some, but it seems to be over-looked and under-hyped. Same with the other things you mentioned. Why? It's the Big Bad Pats. Everyone needs a villan. You bought into it. Why wouldn't you? Jets fans have been looking up at the Pats in the standing for a long time.....'till this year.

Enjoy your season. Brady will be back and all will be right in MY world. :)

By next year we will be so good Brady won't even want to come back!!

That is funny.

The Jets caught the perfect storm this year. While I thought trading for Farvre was an obvious upgrade I thought it meant little in a deep AFC.

However, the old adage of "that is why the play the game" is true. Brady went down. Peyton has looked mortal (until recent). San Diego has sucked. Pittsburgh has been up and down. The teams that were clearly better then the Jets have been as good or worse. Props to the jets' FO for taking a risk.

As far as 2009, if Favre decides to hang it up, you are back to square one. The AFC East has gone from looking extremely weak after 2007 to being one of the best top to bottom in 2008. If Favre retires, the Jets will have the worst QB situation unless they do something.

That is funny.

The Jets caught the perfect storm this year. While I thought trading for Farvre was an obvious upgrade I thought it meant little in a deep AFC.

However, the old adage of "that is why the play the game" is true. Brady went down. Peyton has looked mortal (until recent). San Diego has sucked. Pittsburgh has been up and down. The teams that were clearly better then the Jets have been as good or worse. Props to the jets' FO for taking a risk.

As far as 2009, if Favre decides to hang it up, you are back to square one. The AFC East has gone from looking extremely weak after 2007 to being one of the best top to bottom in 2008. If Favre retires, the Jets will have the worst QB situation unless they do something.

You're right. After next season I don't see Favre being around. The Jets are kind of lucky

that other teams have been struggling because everyone wanted to slap this team

together in the offseason and then come out and kick ass and you just can't do that

no matter who's playing. They would have lost at the beginning, struggled mid season

and been good at the end of the season when it didn't mean anything. Then the following season they would have been a more solid team all the way around. Things are looking good now though. I think by the time this team finally "gets it" it will be

when it actually matters...and thats the end of the regular season and going in to the

playoffs (hopefully). So it's worked out well....

Interestingly enough - communication gaffes happen other places other than Foxboro - and nary a word from you all...and not much from ESPN...well, some, but it seems to be over-looked and under-hyped. Same with the other things you mentioned. Why? It's the Big Bad Pats. Everyone needs a villan. You bought into it. Why wouldn't you? Jets fans have been looking up at the Pats in the standing for a long time.....'till this year.

Enjoy your season. Brady will be back and all will be right in MY world. :)

ah

the old "bitter jets fans" defense

sorry, doesn't fly

even peter king thought belicheat should have been suspended 3 games for his hubris and arrogance and, well, cheating

peter ****ing king !!!!!

I can see how a die hard pats* fan would need to master the art of denial in all of this, but that post takes the cake

oh, and what was that mysterious extra frequency for ?

ah

the old "bitter jets fans" defense

sorry, doesn't fly

even peter king thought belicheat should have been suspended 3 games for his hubris and arrogance and, well, cheating

peter ****ing king !!!!!

I can see how a die hard pats* fan would need to master the art of denial in all of this, but that post takes the cake

oh, and what was that mysterious extra frequency for ?

That is the key words. Due to Belichick being a dick, few if any reporters like him. I bet Tom Jackson probably wanted him suspended for a year. In the end, King is a reporter and is paid to have an opinion not make a decision.

Lip reading? OMG! That is sad. I bet if you tried real hard you can blame the economic woes on him as well.

In the end, the Patriots were guilty of using a camera. It is not against the law to record signals only the way they did it. Shannahan admitted they use a guy and one with bonoculars and usually by the second quarter or no later then halftime they have the code cracked. Again, not exactly Earth shattering news, but whatever helps you deal with 40 years of misery.

That is funny.

If Favre retires the Jets will have the worst QB situation? How can you say that without knowing who their QB will be?

Trent Edwards, Chad Pennington still in the division, I like the Jets chances either way.

If Favre retires the Jets will have the worst QB situation? How can you say that without knowing who their QB will be?

Trent Edwards, Chad Pennington still in the division, I like the Jets chances either way.

brady is also 50/50 for next year...yes i stayed in a holiday Inn last nite...

Exactly.

Tom Brady, who knows what he will be coming off knee surgery, heck who knows if he will even pla in 2009 or at the beginning of the season at the least.

Trent Edwards? HA, that 120lb twig is a over-rated garbage.

Chad Pennington? Nuff' said.

Kellen Clemens / Brett Ratliff / Veteran FA -- ???

The whole entire AFC East is a big question ?.

That is funny.

The Jets success this year is much more then the addition of Brett Favre in fact Kris Jenkens is there best addition. The Jets are perfect mix of youth and veterans unlike the Pathetics* who are basically old on defense and have a questionable Qb (i.e. Dante Culpepper). The Jets will be at the top or near the top for many years to come, sorry to disappoint you.

Exactly.

Tom Brady, who knows what he will be coming off knee surgery, heck who knows if he will even pla in 2009 or at the beginning of the season at the least.

I seriously don't see how you would put either Clemens or Ratliff over Pennington at this point. Clemens did not look close to beating out Pennington last August and I'm still not buying into ANY of the Brett Ratliff hype.

IMO the Jets need to either make a move for a QB or hope like Hell Brett comes back for another season, which to be honest I doubt he'll do if he has a great ending to the season(Eg. Not throwing a game sealing pick in OT of the championship game.).

I'm far from convinced with Edwards too, he still has a LOT to prove before he can be taken seriously. IMO though, Brady will be back throwing 40+ TD's next year, there isn't a doubt in my mind. There's no way we're fortunate enough to have him miss two seasons in a row.

That is why I ended my post with "unless they do something". As of right now, they have Clemens and Ratliff. With Warner and Cassel as the most attractive options projected for FA and a likley low first round draft pick, the Jets QB situation is muddled.

Exactly.

You can relax. Brady is already back at Foxboro rehabbing. The news of his infection were a little overblown.

Edwards and Chad might not be the second coming of Kelley and Namath, but compared to Clemens and Ratliff, they are more prooven.

The Jets success this year is much more then the addition of Brett Favre in fact Kris Jenkens is there best addition. The Jets are perfect mix of youth and veterans unlike the Pathetics* who are basically old on defense and have a questionable Qb (i.e. Dante Culpepper). The Jets will be at the top or near the top for many years to come, sorry to disappoint you.

The Jets FO did an excellent job in addition to Brett with Faneca and Jenkins.

The Patriots are old huh?

DL

Jets starters (year in NFL): Jenkins (8), Ellis (9) and Colemen (7): 24 seasons in NFL

Patriots: Seymour (8), Warren (6) and Wilfork (5): 19

LB

Jets: Barton (10), Bowens (10), Pace (6) and Thomas (7): 33

Patriots: Bruschi (13), Mayo ®, Thomas (9) and Vrabel (12): 34+

Note: I left Thomas on there even though he is out for the season and will be back next year. Otherewise it will be Woods (3) or Guyton ®.

DBs

Jets: Revis (2), Law (14), Rhodes (4) and Elam (3): 23

Patriots: O'Neal (9), Hobbs (4), Merriweather (2) and Sanders (4): 19

You can clearly see the Jets are older on defense. They are also older on offense. Perfect blend of vets and youth? Not really.

That is why I ended my post with "unless they do something". As of right now, they have Clemens and Ratliff. With Warner and Cassel as the most attractive options projected for FA and a likley low first round draft pick, the Jets QB situation is muddled.

You can relax. Brady is already back at Foxboro rehabbing. The news of his infection were a little overblown.

Edwards and Chad might not be the second coming of Kelley and Namath, but compared to Clemens and Ratliff, they are more prooven.

DL

Jets starters (year in NFL): Jenkins (8), Ellis (9) and Colemen (7): 24 seasons in NFL

LB

Note: I left Thomas on there even though he is out for the season and will be back next year. Otherewise it will be Woods (3) or Guyton ®.

DBs

You can clearly see the Jets are older on defense. They are also older on offense. Perfect blend of vets and youth? Not really.

you forget to add that the pats DB's blow, and you forgot to add jets best LB

harris;)

you can't count on Brady being Brady next year, look at palmer after his ACL

and Mcnabb..well maybe not mcnabb..he sucked b4 acl

DL

LB

DBs

You conviently left Harris (2) and David Lowery (1)off. If you compare the Jets core players like Rhodes Revis Nugent, Cotchery Keller Harris they are significntly younger then the Pathetics* core players please do not list bust like Merriweather.

You conviently left Harris (2) and David Lowery (1)off. If you compare the Jets core players like Rhodes Revis Nugent, Cotchery Keller Harris they are significntly younger then the Pathetics* core players please do not list bust like Merriweather.

Mea culpa on Harris and Lowery.

You make good points until you mention the kicker. Come on. Gostowkowski is younger.

Your opinion of Merriweather aside, he is the starter.

Again, look up and down the roster and "the Patriots are old" does not hold true. I will admit your secondary is more solid, but I will take our DL any day of the week and for as good as your guys are, they cannot cover forever.

If we want to start tapping the bench players, the Patriots have seen solid play from Guyton ® and Woods (3) at LBer. With Mayo, the outlook is not as bleak as it was last year at this time.

Mea culpa on Harris and Lowery.

You make good points until you mention the kicker. Come on. Gostowkowski is younger.

Your opinion of Merriweather aside, he is the starter.

Again, look up and down the roster and "the Patriots are old" does not hold true. I will admit your secondary is more solid, but I will take our DL any day of the week and for as good as your guys are, they cannot cover forever.

If we want to start tapping the bench players, the Patriots have seen solid play from Guyton ® and Woods (3) at LBer. With Mayo, the outlook is not as bleak as it was last year at this time.

No question that your d-line is solid an much deeper then ours. I think Jenkens is currently the best lineman on either team Mayo looks like a player and was an excellent pick. I still would take the Jets LB's with Harris, Pace & Thomas. Our secondary is better. I will give you Gostowskki:cheers:, but Nuge is no slouch;)

No question that your d-line is solid an much deeper then ours. I think Jenkens is currently the best lineman on either team Mayo looks like a player and was an excellent pick. I still would take the Jets LB's with Harris, Pace & Thomas. Our secondary is better. I will give you Gostowskki:cheers:, but Nuge is no slouch;)

We need to upgrade our secondary. Hopefully, a few of the draft picks will pan out.

Archived