1. 1. Is Brady a system QB?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great QB.

This Cassel vs. Brady stuff is silly.

Yeah their early career stats are similar, but 1 has Moss and Welker, the other had crap..

A motivated Moss completely changes an offense. What Cassel did against the Jets last week would have never happened if Mangina wasn't so afraid of Moss..

I think you could make somewhat of an argument that he was from 2001-2003, but from 2004 and onward he shed that label and firmly entrenched himself as the best QB in the NFL. Who knows how he will recover off injury but anyone comparing he and Cassel is nuts. For all those yards that guy put up the other day there were at least 5 passes he missed that Brady never ever would have missed at probably any stage of his career.

I just voted Yes just because you know I'm joking. ;)

TFB is easily one of the greatest Quarterbacks to ever play. If it were the system Matt Cassel would have this team at 10-0 as it is the same exact team as last season minus Adalius Thomas (whose missed one game so far), Laurence Maroney (replaceable by Sammy Morris who missed a lot of time last year) and an aging Rodney Harrison.

You are unbelievable. Peyton is a playoff fraud and everyone knows that. He is still going to the HOF.

Peyton Manning would have as many rings as Brady has if he had the defense Brady had or if he was just simply placed in New England.

Peyton Manning would have as many rings as Brady has if he had the defense Brady had or if he was just simply placed in New England.

If the Pats won the toss last Thursday in OT they would have won the game. I can make statements about things that could of have happened in the past as well.

Because he spoke the truth and that everything the Pathetics* accomplished is tainted

If that makes you feel better then good for you.

I have met a lot of Jets fans who post here over the years and they are good people. It's people like you and madmike who make Jets fans look like uninformed idiots.

Brady knew all the plays :rolleyes:

If that makes you feel better then good for you.

I have met a lot of Jets fans who post here over the years and they are good people. It's people like you and madmike who make Jets fans look like uninformed idiots.

Brady knew all the plays :rolleyes:

The only uninformed idiots are trolls who have noyhing better then go onto other teams website.

I guess you know for sure that the Pathetics* would have driven down the field. I guess football is new to you

If Manning had NE defense he would have 2-3 more Super Bowls

Which ones?

2002 the defense played old and slow.

From 2005-2007, most of the problems were on defense, and Brady was playing just as well as Manning, with an inferior offensive supporting cast (2007 excepted).

I think the only argument you MIGHT make would be for the 2007 SB, but the problem there was the OL which still would've been abused by the Giants. It would just be Manning getting knocked around instead of Brady.

Great QB.

This Cassel vs. Brady stuff is silly.

Yeah their early career stats are similar, but 1 has Moss and Welker, the other had crap..

A motivated Moss completely changes an offense. What Cassel did against the Jets last week would have never happened if Mangina wasn't so afraid of Moss..

+1

I'll be ecstatic if Cassel was the QB of the present and future of the Pats. Cassel threw for so many yards simply because of the defense Mangini chose to run.

Manning will be viewed by history as the better player and his legacy won't be marred by cheating.

Why?

The old tired argument of his putting up monster numbers was crushed last year. Brady was finally given a decent set of receivers. All he did was exceed Peyton's career highs in: completions, completion percentage, yards, and TDs. He also did it playing outdoors in a northeast division.

Polian built the Colts to maximize Peyton's talent and playing indoors by spending money on the offense. Belichick built his defense to maximize playing outdoors and in inclement weather from October on. The "if Peyton had that defense" argument has nothing to do with it. Polian built the team and he has to live with it.

We do not even have to cover the playoffs. Brady wins handsdown.

He's both. Plus he has benefitted from having a great team around him.

He's a great QB in a great system. I disagree with the talent part - mostly.

Up until last year, his receivers weren't exactly what people call "elite." With the exception of Dillon, he hasn't exactly had "elite" rbs either. He's never worked with an "elite" TE. His o-line has always been good - but not great. Tom Brady makes everyone around him better. His quick release and pocket presence - coupled with the offensive schemes - equals a happy, successful marriage.

He's a great QB in a great system. I disagree with the talent part - mostly.

Up until last year, his receivers weren't exactly what people call "elite." With the exception of Dillon, he hasn't exactly had "elite" rbs either. He's never worked with an "elite" TE. His o-line has always been good - but not great. Tom Brady makes everyone around him better. His quick release and pocket presence - coupled with the offensive schemes - equals a happy, successful marriage.

I thought Brady's best year was 2006 where he had no weapons and led his team offensively single handedly to the AFC Championship game

I think it's equally both. He's a good QB and the people around him running the

team are smart. Up until this last year Brady didn't have any eye popping stats, but

looked what happened when they added Randy Moss. The offense exploded and

went on to be the best ever. The biggest reason why people hate Tom Brady so much

is that he toots his own horn a lot where as other good quarterbacks don't...atleast

not infront of the cameras anyway. No one likes a guy who is good but yet openly

talks about how good he is or how the "guys at Michigan" didn't realize what sort

of awesome talent they had there. But lets also be realistic here. Tom Brady doesn't

make the whole team. Regardless of how good he is or how good people think he is,

you aren't putting him on last years Miami Dolphins team and even getting to the

playoffs. Winning is a team effort...just because guys on the team don't have a "name"

doesn't mean they aren't any good.

team are smart. Up until this last year Brady didn't have any eye popping stats, but

went on to be the best ever. The biggest reason why people hate Tom Brady so much

is that he toots his own horn a lot where as other good quarterbacks don't...atleast

not infront of the cameras anyway. No one likes a guy who is good but yet openly

talks about how good he is or how the "guys at Michigan" didn't realize what sort

of awesome talent they had there. But lets also be realistic here. Tom Brady doesn't

make the whole team. Regardless of how good he is or how good people think he is,

you aren't putting him on last years Miami Dolphins team and even getting to the

playoffs. Winning is a team effort...just because guys on the team don't have a "name"

I challenge you to find me a video clip where Tom Brady toots his own horn. Really. I do.

What?

Are you in the lockerroom with Brady? Or having a Long Island Ice Tea with him and Gisele?

First, if you think Brady is the only self assured athlete, you are sadly mistaken. The truth is the next time you here him on tape being me-first vs team-first that will be a first time.

Second, let's go back to the Michigan thing if true. He paid his dues and when finally earned the starting job. He had to share it with Drew Henson when he started talking about going to the Yankees. Even after it was clear that Brady was far better, Henson still got half the game snaps until late in the season. I imagine it was a little frustrating, but again this is "he said" speculation with no video proof.

Do you honestly think if you did reverese Brady and Peyton's situation. That Peyton could put up his Madden like numbers playing outdoors throwing to Branch, Brown and any other number of receivers that have been largely non-existent outside of New England? No way.

Archived