****The OFFICIAL Jets/Bills Game Thread****

war ensemble

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please end this stupidity of people thinking that LB Blitz is not a real Blitz... lol

What say you Sperm?

Sending a single LB on a 3-man front is not a blitz. In the 3-4, the pass rush always comes from the LB'ers. At least one is always expected to rush the passer (on passing plays of course). It doesn't make it a blitz simply because one of the 4 guys heading towards the backfield started out standing up instead of 1 hand in the dirt. That's my opinion anyway.

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

Its nto based on any formation... its based on the fact that a LB blitz is just that... a BLITZ!

If you ran a 2-5-4 defense... would you have to send all 5 LBs for it to be a blitz? Otherwise its not a blitz right becuase there are too many people in coverage?

A LB blitz is a LB blitz... when aLB rushes the passer its a blitz... whether its 1 LB or 17 LBs

think we need another Dunce ecurb back in your sig

Sending a single LB on a 3-man front is not a blitz. In the 3-4, the pass rush always comes from the LB'ers. At least one is always expected to rush the passer (on passing plays of course). It doesn't make it a blitz simply because one of the 4 guys heading towards the backfield started out standing up instead of 1 hand in the dirt. That's my opinion anyway.

thank you

can you discuss an issue without using insults ?

try this one for size

regardless of the base defense, and the position a player plays, the offense always has the same number of blockers

would you agree the standard offensive line has 5 guys ?

OK

so rushing 4 on 5 is not a blitz

it's just not

I think we are getting caught up in semantics

lets just say the jets are not sending enough rushers to generate pressure on the QB

:rl:

So if the Oline goes jumbo its not a blitz?

Say the O runs a 2 TE set... thats 7 blockers... the D would have to send 8 now for it to be a blitz?

When a LB or DB rushes the passer its a blitz... I am using insults because the kids that I have coached know more about it than you.

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

Its nto based on any formation... its based on the fact that a LB blitz is just that... a BLITZ!

If you ran a 2-5-4 defense... would you have to send all 5 LBs for it to be a blitz? Otherwise its not a blitz right becuase there are too many people in coverage?

A LB blitz is a LB blitz... when aLB rushes the passer its a blitz... whether its 1 LB or 17 LBs

:good_one:

A bltiz is a lB or DB coming at the QB... just what it is...

Hey guys... let me ask you a question...

What would you call a safety blitz in the 3-4 D?

Not a blitz right?

Just stop and think for a second what your trying to say... ask David Harris if he is blitzing the QB when he is the only LB that goes... see what he says... ask Elam if he is Blitzing when he is the only guy to go...

Archived