Jets Cut 1 Place 1 On IR Sign 2

jetsrule128

NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Brian Schaefering, DT, Lindenwood

4/25/08. Brian Schaefering, DT from Lindenwood, sat down and talked about the upcoming NFL Draft.

What is your accurate height, weight and forty time?

Brian Schaefering: My height is 6'5" and I weigh 288 lbs. I run between a 4.85-4.95.

Describe your game in three words or less.

Brian Schaefering: Smart, Aggressive, heart

What do you feel is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you feel you need to improve in?

Brian Schaefering: My greatest strength would be I have a nose for the ball, and I need to work on my overall speed

What NFL player do you do you think you compare favorably to?

Brian Schaefering: I think I compare to Seymour of the Patriots

Who is the best player you have faced during your college football career?

Brian Schaefering: Antwan Randle El

Did you have a favorite pro team growing up? Favorite player?

Brian Schaefering: My favorite team growing up was the Pittsburgh Steelers, and my favorite player was Mean Joe Greene

When you get your first professional paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?

Brian Schaefering: With my first check I will probably not buy anything I will pay off some school loans and save the rest now the second check is a different story.

How will you be preparing for the NFL Draft?

Brian Schaefering: Working as hard as I can to get better at the little things and get mentally prepared for the journey ahead of me.

What is the one thing you will most miss at college?

Brian Schaefering: The absence of all the adult responsibility.

Any pregame rituals? Food? Music?

Brian Schaefering: For breakfast I have to have a waffle and spaghetti.

Do you read mock drafts or listen to what draft experts have to say?

Brian Schaefering: I do read mock drafts and listen to draft experts but just for fun because no one really knows who's going where until it happens

What do you plan to do once your playing career is over?

Brian Schaefering: When I am done playing I want to be in law enforcement.

Versatility; a quality coaches love in their offensive linemen. Ryan Keenan has this quality. Keenan, who started his college career as a defensive tackle, can play every position on the offensive line. He played guard during his junior season for the Wildcats before being switched to tackle for his senior season. Keenan is a very conditioned athlete, he has won the team's Iron Cat Aware (off-season strength and conditioning program), and is in the midst of a very strict training program to prepare him for the NFL Draft.

TheFootballExpert.com: What is your accurate height, weight and forty time?

Ryan Keenan: 6

The 2006 Scouting Report: Excellent athlete who made the transition from defense to offense in 2004 ... Three-year letterwinner ... Developed into a solid offensive guard in 2005 ... Tabbed the "quickest offensive lineman" by Sporting News ... Solid technician ... Professional prospect.

2006: Academic All-Big Ten ... Co-recipient of team's Randy Walker Wildcat Warrior Award (given for work ethic, toughness and attitude of a warrior) ... Played in 2007 Hula Bowl postseason all-star game ... Starting right tackle ... After playing guard the entire 2005 season, was moved to tackle at the start of preseason camp, replacing Austin Matthews who was injured much of the year ... Team's off-season strength and conditioning champion.

2005: Starting right guard ... Registered the top point total (Iron Cat points) during Northwestern's 2005 off-season conditioning program ... Playing key role in NU's record-setting offensive success ... Started all 12 games.

2004: Switched from defensive tackle to offensive tackle to tight end during the open date week ... Played tackle and end on defense first six games ... Named team's Offensive Practice Player of the Week vs. Wisconsin.

2003: Played reserve tackle in 12 games ... Notched a season-high six tackles vs. Minnesota ... Had three solo hits vs. Miami and Michigan ... Registered two tackles and two hurries vs. Duke ... Finished season with 26 tackles.

2002: Did not see action.

High School: SuperPrep All-Midwest Region ... All-state, all-district, all-county and Cleveland Plain Dealer All-Area team member ... Sun News Player of the Week ... Defensive Line team MVP in 2000 and 2001 ... During career (three years), totaled 172 tackles, 23 sacks, 14 pass breakups, six caused fumbles, four fumble recoveries and two interceptions ... Also lettered in basketball and track ... School record holder in the shot put ... Team went from 4-6 his sophomore season to 11-1 his senior year with a second-round playoff appearance ... Honor Roll all four years and National Honor Society ... Coached by John Gibbons.

Personal: Born Ryan Matthew Keenan on 8/18/83 ... Son of Robert and Marie Keenan ... Chose NU over Louisville, Virginia and Pittsburgh ... Communication studies major.

Keenan's Career Statistics

TACKLES G UA A Total TFL Yds PD FF FR

2003 12 11 15 26 0.0 0 0 0 0

2004 12 5 5 10 2.0 5 0 0 0

2005 12 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

2006 12 1 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 0

TOTAL 48 17 20 37 2.0 5 0 0 0

SACKS G UA A Total Yds

2003 12 0 0 0.0 0

2004 12 1 0 1.0 4

2005 12 0 0 0.0 0

2006 12 0 0 0.0 0

TOTAL 48 1 0 1.0 4

2003: Took a medical redshirted during the 2003 season due to a shoulder injury.

2002: Played in all 12 games, earning two starts ... Finished the season third on the team with four sacks and fifth in tackles-for-loss with five ... Registered 34 tackles on the season, seven of which came in an overtime win over Purdue ... Also added a sack and a fumble recovery vs. the Boilers ... Had sacks vs. Michigan, San Jose State and Northwestern ... Had five tackles at Minnesota ... Forced a fumble vs. Missouri.

2001: Played the final nine games of the season along the defensive line as a true freshman ... Finished the season with eight tackles and one sack ... Had a career-high three tackles in his first game at Michigan ... Had two tackles and a quarterback hurry at Indiana ... Got the first sack and PBU of his career vs. Wisconsin ... Had two tackles in the Nokia Sugar Bowl vs. LSU.

High School: Earned three football letters under Coach Rick Gorzynski at Hazelwood East High School ... First-team All-State, two-time first-team All-Suburban North and first-team North District selection ... Two-time All-Conference selection ... Had seven quarterback sacks, 130 tackles and two interceptions as a senior ... Named a Prep Star All-American ... Recorded 22 solo tackles in a single game in 2000 ... Averaged 46.9 yards per punt ... SuperPrep All-Midlands team ... Posted 60 tackles and six blocked punts as a junior ... Also earned letters in track.

Personal: Full name is Brian Schaefering ... Born Aug. 20, 1983 in St. Louis, Mo. ... The son of Janice Schaefering ... Majoring in sport management ... Past jobs include remodeling bathrooms, lawn care and working at a grocery store ... Lists his mother as biggest influence in his athletic career ... Is the first member of his family to play a Division I sport.

• 3 months later...
cannon fodder all

True that. One trend I think we will see is that 300 lb DTs will not be useless in Rex Ryan's scheme. I think the value on speed and penetration will mean that guys like CJ Mosley may have some real value. Too bad he skipped off to Cleveland where he will two gap himself into oblivion.

True that. One trend I think we will see is that 300 lb DTs will not be useless in Rex Ryan's scheme. I think the value on speed and penetration will mean that guys like CJ Mosley may have some real value. Too bad he skipped off to Cleveland where he will two gap himself into oblivion.

Get DRob back here! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

devan signs with the colts

Burn's NFL watch

Boise will enjoy the benefit of having Oregon State grad Kyle DeVan on the line once again this week, but it may the last time as DeVan will tryout for the NFL's Indianapolis Colts on Tuesday.

Still, Winter is pleased to have the 6-foot-2, 295-pound lineman blocking for Tharp.

"It's huge, it's really big," he said. "He's an unbelievable football player, probably the best football player I've seen."

Colts sign arena football center

The Indianapolis Coltsmag-glass_10x10.gif have signed center Kyle DeVan. The 6-2, 295-pounder had been the starting center for the Boise (Idaho) Burn of arenafootball2.There was no announcement from the Colts, but the Burn confirmed the transaction on the team's website. DeVan worked out for the Colts Tuesday morning and signed his contract in the afternoon.

"I'm excited to get another opportunity to play in the NFL and am ecstatic about joining the Colts organization,'' DeVan said.DeVan, who started 37 games at Oregon State, spent a portion of the 2008 season on the New York Jets practice squad.

Burn offensive lineman headed from af2 to the NFL

Center Kyle DeVan is going from one indoor arena to another, but his new home - Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis - has a retractable roof and also is home to the 2007 Super Bowl champions.

After starting the Boise Burns' first three arenafootball2 games, the former Oregon State player worked out for the NFL's Indianapolis Colts on Tuesday morning and signed a two-year contract in the afternoon. He spent the last nine weeks of the 2008 NFL season on the New York Jets practice squad.

"Kyle is one of the best players I have ever coached and he deserves to be in the NFL," first-year Burn coach Brent Winter said. "We were fortunate to have him for the three games he did play for us and I wish him the best of luck. I know he will do great. Kyle will sorely be missed in Boise."

While the news is good for DeVan's future, it leaves the Burn with only three healthy offensive linemen on the roster - Rich Seals, Marcis Fennell and Palauni Ma'Sun.

Signs With Colts

by Site Staff of ColtPower.com, April 21, 2009 at 8:37pm ET

Kyle DeVan Profile

The Indianapolis Colts have signed former Oregon State center Kyle DeVan, KBCI-TV is reporting.

DeVan signed as a free agent with the Washington Redskins two days after last season's NFL Draft. He was released by the Redskins on July 10, 2008; caught on a week later with the New York Jets and was waived during the final roster cut-down on August 30. He was playing with the afl2's Boise Burn.

DeVan is the fourth former college center added by the Colts since the end of the 2007 season. Indianapolis drafted Mike Pollak, Steve Justice and Jamey Richard in the 2008 NFL Draft. The team also re-signed starting center Jeff Saturday in February.

Burn player signs with NFL team

By Troy Oppie

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - Boise Burn center Kyle DeVan has signed a 2-year contract with the Indianapolis Colts, Burn officials confirmed Tuesday.

DeVan left Boise for a tryout Monday, after the Burn's Saturday night loss to Spokane, and was signed Tuesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. DeVan spent part of the 2008 season on the Jets practice squad.

Burn coach Brent Winter said early Tuesday, that he wasn't sure when or if DeVan would be signed, but wished him the best.

DeVan becomes the first Burn player to jump to an NFL team. Winter says it's a mixed blessing for Boise because DeVan was so good at center - the second most important position on the field in arena football.

Boise will audition a couple new players to replace DeVan on the roster this week, before the team leaves to face Fresno's Central Valley this Saturday.

http://www.boiseburn.com/news/article.aspx?from=home&articleid=1056

Press Release

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Burn lose Center to NFL

Kyle DeVan signs 2 year deal with Colts

Photo Courtesy: Steve Conner

RELATED LINKS

BOISE, Idaho- All it took was 3 starts for with the Boise Burn, for Kyle DeVan to punch his second ticket to the NFL. Today the Burn center, who spent the last 9 weeks of the 2008 NFL season on the New York Jets practice squad, signed a 2 year deal with the Indianapolis Colts.

DeVan has had a busy past day and a half. He left for Indianapolis on Monday morning, worked out for the Colts Tuesday morning and signed a 2 year contract this afternoon. “I’m excited to get another opportunity to play in the NFL and am ecstatic about joining the Colts organization. Indianapolis has had great success in the past and I am looking forward to helping bring back a championship to the city of Indianapolis.”

A native of Vacaville, Ca, Kyle played his college ball at Oregon State University from 2003-2007, was an All Pac 10 selection from 2005-07, started 37 consecutive games and was a perfect 4-0 in Bowl games.

Kyle’s promotion depletes the offensive line for the Burn, leaving only 3 healthy lineman on the roster (Seals, Fennell, MaSun), but Head coach Brent Winter says he couldn’t be happier for his center. “Kyle is one of the best players I have ever coached and he deserves to be in the NFL. We were fortunate to have him for the 3 games he did play for us and I wish him the best of luck. I know he will do great. Kyle will sorely be missed in Boise.”

The Burn travel to Fresno Ca, and will play the Central Valley Coyotes this coming Saturday night, kickoff is at 8:00pm (MT). You can catch all the action live on 1140 KGEM. Coverage of the game with Scott Conklin will begin at 7:45pm (MT)

NOTE: Kyle DeVan will accomplish something that many NFL centers rarely have the opportunity to do. Play with a pair of future Hall of Fame Quarterbacks. DeVan spent the last 9 weeks of the 2008 season hiking the ball to Brett Favre and will spend the 2009 season snapping the ball to Peyton Manning.

Boise returns home on May 2nd vs. the Stockton Lightning for the pink on the turf night at Qwest Arena. Season tickets are available by calling (208) 383-0080. For more information and to get a full schedule, visit www.boiseburn.com.

About af2

Celebrating its 10th anniversary season, the af2 serves as a vehicle to bring Arena Football to small-to-midsize cities and as a developmental league with an unmatched history of sending players, coaches and officials to major professional football leagues each year. Log on to www.af2.com for more information.

- www.boiseburn.com -

http://www.af2.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3525&ATCLID=3725658&SPID=6651&ISWIDE=1

Burn's DeVan heading to NFL Courtesy: arenafootball2

Release: 04/22/2009

SendMail.gif PrinterIcon.gif rss.gif

Zoom.gif Courtesy: arenafootball2

activity;src=1181183;met=1;v=1;pid=33352477;aid=212135932;ko=0;cid=30341229;rid=30359106;rv=2;&timestamp=1400984;eid1=9;ecn1=1;etm1=0;forumsforums

All it took was three starts for with the Boise Burn, for Kyle DeVan to punch his second ticket to the NFL. Today the Burn center, who spent the last nine weeks of the 2008 NFL season on the New York Jets practice squad, signed a 2-year deal with the Indianapolis Colts.

DeVan has had a busy past day and a half. He left for Indianapolis on Monday morning, worked out for the Colts Tuesday morning and signed a 2 year contract this afternoon.

“I’m excited to get another opportunity to play in the NFL and am ecstatic about joining the Colts organization. Indianapolis has had great success in the past and I am looking forward to helping bring back a championship to the city of Indianapolis.”

A native of Vacaville, Ca, Kyle played his college ball at Oregon State University from 2003-2007, was an All Pac 10 selection from 2005-07, started 37 consecutive games and was a perfect 4-0 in Bowl games.

Kyle’s promotion depletes the offensive line for the Burn, leaving only 3 healthy lineman on the roster (Seals, Fennell, MaSun), but Head coach Brent Winter says he couldn’t be happier for his center. “Kyle is one of the best players I have ever coached and he deserves to be in the NFL. We were fortunate to have him for the 3 games he did play for us and I wish him the best of luck. I know he will do great. Kyle will sorely be missed in Boise.”

The Burn travel to Fresno Ca, and will play the Central Valley Coyotes this coming Saturday night, kickoff is at 8:00pm (MT). You can catch all the action live on 1140 KGEM. Coverage of the game with Scott Conklin will begin at 7:45pm (MT)

NOTE: Kyle DeVan will accomplish something that many NFL centers rarely have the opportunity to do. Play with a pair of future Hall of Fame Quarterbacks. DeVan spent the last 9 weeks of the 2008 season hiking the ball to Brett Favre and will spend the 2009 season snapping the ball to Peyton Manning.

NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Brian Schaefering, DT, Lindenwood

4/25/08. Brian Schaefering, DT from Lindenwood, sat down and talked about the upcoming NFL Draft.

Did you have a favorite pro team growing up? Favorite player?

Brian Schaefering: My favorite team growing up was the Pittsburgh Steelers, and my favorite player was Mean Joe Greene

Geez - how old is this guy? Mean Joe ended his career in 1981 - 28 years ago, and this was his favorite player? Sounds like a Pats fan to me...

Archived