GO GATORS!!!

JustInFudge

I know this a Jets forum. And the Jets are my favorite team in the entire world. But I am starting a shameless thread to support my Alma Mater, my beloveded Florida Gators!

I would like to thank my father for my brains, and then punch him in the face for the Jets, Mets and Knicks.

I cant concentrate at all. I probably should have taken the day off because I will get nothing done today. I just called a consultant and all we talked about was the game.

So pumped. So nervous.

I know a lot of you guys dont know what it is like to be rooting for a Football team when it matters most, but let me tell you how exciting it is...

Who do you guys like tonight???

I'm pulling for Florida, I want to see Tebow win back to back championships and another Heisman next year. I'm pretty neutral when it comes to the SEC (except for Arkansas, I'll forever root against Petrino), but I sure as hell appreciate greatness. Plus I'd prefer that Meyer go down as the coach of the decade rather than Carroll.

The Gators!!

are you going to the game?

I'm not.

Long story short. I thought I had a ticket and was totally expecting to go. My buddies dad bought tickets after we beat FSU. Only problem is the moron bought Orange Bowl tickets.

Very upset. Either way, still stoked to be watching my boys in the Nat'l Champ Game again!

RJF, I wish for the same thing my man!

I'm normally a big SEC proponent, but I'm sorry I just have never liked Florida. As much as I respect Tebow, I just don't like him..the guy said he won't have sex until marriage..You can't trust someone like that.

But in all seriousness, if florida winning makes Urban Meyer the coach of the decade and not Pete Carroll than I guess that's some sort of consolation.

My LSU already put a whooping on Gtech in the CHick-fil-a-bowl, so I guess I just want to see a good game.

I'm normally a big SEC proponent, but I'm sorry I just have never liked Florida. As much as I respect Tebow, I just don't like him..the guy said he won't have sex until marriage..You can't trust someone like that.

But in all seriousness, if florida winning makes Urban Meyer the coach of the decade and not Pete Carroll than I guess that's some sort of consolation.

My LSU already put a whooping on Gtech in the CHick-fil-a-bowl, so I guess I just want to see a good game.

LSU...eh?

Did you call Tebow with death threats last year???

I know this a Jets forum. And the Jets are my favorite team in the entire world. But I am starting a shameless thread to support my Alma Mater, my beloveded Florida Gators!

I would like to thank my father for my brains, and then punch him in the face for the Jets, Mets and Knicks.

I cant concentrate at all. I probably should have taken the day off because I will get nothing done today. I just called a consultant and all we talked about was the game.

So pumped. So nervous.

I know a lot of you guys dont know what it is like to be rooting for a Football team when it matters most, but let me tell you how exciting it is...

Who do you guys like tonight???

You're thanking him for those? The man left you defenseless!

LSU...eh?

Did you call Tebow with death threats last year???

Ya, my mom and dad brought me to Shreveport and NO when I was younger and I just fell in love with Louisiana and as I got older LSU.

And nah I didn't give any death threats to him, I respect the hell out of the guy, but I feel as though he's wasting such a gift by not sleeping with all those gorgeous florida girls..)and by doing so, he's slapping every straight american guys (sorry mods) across the face.

The kids who really bumped their stock up last night if they chooses to declare are Trent Williams and Gerald McCoy, both were fairly high already, but if they're smart, they'll declare and ride the momentum into April. Especially McCoy, who was somewhat viewed as a prospect that was mostly potential rather than production.

Harvin looked great last night....needs to get that ankle up to 100% for drills come the spring.

Bradford played well enough not to hurt his stock. Showed good poise and had a couple of really beautiful throws, including a rollout where he recognized the coverage immediately and checked down to Gresham. There isn't a QB in the nation who diagnoses defenses better. He's going to have to disspell some deep ball concerns during his workouts though.

The kids who really bumped their stock up last night if they chooses to declare are Trent Williams and Gerald McCoy, both were fairly high already, but if they're smart, they'll declare and ride the momentum into April. Especially McCoy, who was somewhat viewed as a prospect that was mostly potential rather than production.

Harvin looked great last night....needs to get that ankle up to 100% for drills come the spring.

Bradford played well enough not to hurt his stock. Showed good poise and had a couple of really beautiful throws, including a rollout where he recognized the coverage immediately and checked down to Gresham. There isn't a QB in the nation who diagnoses defenses better. He's going to have to disspell some deep ball concerns during his workouts though.

Agreed about Bradford, both INT's really weren't his fault and I think the coach went to far away from the pass during a long stretch. He impressed me...

I wonder if he'll stay now so as not to go out a loser..

Agreed about Bradford, both INT's really weren't his fault and I think the coach went to far away from the pass during a long stretch. He impressed me...

I wonder if he'll stay now so as not to go out a loser..

IMO that wouldn't be the deciding factor, almost all of OU's offense are likely leaving for the NFL. They might be losing 4 of 5 linemen from what was the best line in the country, his 2 favorite recieving targets, and possibly several of their better defenders. There's always the possiblity that he could wait and see what everyone else does if he wants to compete for a title again, but even in that case, he'd wind up leaving as all signs point to his teammates doing so...the one aspect that might keep him at OU is the fact that he's a very dedicated student and might want to finish his degree, and those advising him might also educate him as to the success rate of junior QB's in the NFL.

It is worth noting that the rumors were pretty strong he'd be declaring before last night's game no matter what.

IMO that wouldn't be the deciding factor, almost all of OU's offense are likely leaving for the NFL. They might be losing 4 of 5 linemen from what was the best line in the country, his 2 favorite recieving targets, and possibly several of their better defenders. There's always the possiblity that he could wait and see what everyone else does if he wants to compete for a title again, but even in that case, he'd wind up leaving as all signs point to his teammates doing so...the one aspect that might keep him at OU is the fact that he's a very dedicated student and might want to finish his degree, and those advising him might also educate him as to the success rate of junior QB's in the NFL.

It is worth noting that the rumors were pretty strong he'd be declaring before last night's game no matter what.

Thanks for the info. Why couldn't we be picking 6 this year :frown:

I am never a fan of a Qb leaving early, but in his case, I think it makes sense for all the reasons you have stated.

Thanks for the info. Why couldn't we be picking 6 this year :frown:

I actually like our draft position a lot this year, the talent drop-off for this draft is going to happen around the early 20's, and there's still going to be several prospects on the board at our position who can come in and make an immediate impact. All in all it's going to depend on who they bring in to coach the team, in the event that we have to switch back to a 4-3, the OLB dilemma that would accompany that would be very easily fixable with this class.

Fwiw, the QB class for '10 is likely going to blow this one out of the water anyways.

I am never a fan of a Qb leaving early, but in his case, I think it makes sense for all the reasons you have stated.

Agreed, you also have to take into account with everything previously stated that, for the most part, that senior year is so important for prospects simply due to the characteristics that usually develop that year. Such doesn't seem to be the case with Bradford as he plays like a senior.

Archived