The Official Orlando Magic 2008-2009 Thread

InstantClassic

I was talking about the trades they made to add 3 key new players... since then they have gone from out of the playoffs... to in the playoffs with wins over the rockets and the magic...

The first game with the new players was against the Magic (a win... )

They have beaten Orlando and Houston since getting their new guys... and Deng is currently injured so they are one starter short...

The BUlls are a legit playoff team right now and will make some noise...

A legit playoff contender at 29-34? Really? They are 8th right now..but that won't last.

Since the trades, they are 4-3. WOW. New AND Improved.

The only team making noise for that 8th spot will be Charlotte.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A legit playoff contender at 29-34? Really? They are 8th right now..but that won't last.

Since the trades, they are 4-3. WOW. New AND Improved.

The only team making noise for that 8th spot will be Charlotte.

Ok buddy... your team just got beat up by the Bulls and will again this week.

So basically you're comparing us to the Celtics, and you're comparing your team to the Giants. Your team isn't even above .500... lol

Giants sucked for a good part of that year... and when you "compare" things... you do exactly that... its not an exact science it just gives an idea of the situation...

Giants sucked for a good part of that year... and when you "compare" things... you do exactly that... its not an exact science it just gives an idea of the situation...

Giants were always a contender in the NFC that year, because the only team that was great the entire year during the regular season was the Dallas Cowboys, and anything can happen against a division rival.

We're not division rivals, you have basically zero chance of beating us in a 7 game series. In fact if you told me if I could choose the opponent for the Magic to face between Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Philadelphia, Chicago, Charlotte, and all the other sorry excuses of basketball teams, Chicago probably would be my first choice.

Giants were always a contender in the NFC that year, because the only team that was great the entire year during the regular season was the Dallas Cowboys, and anything can happen against a division rival.

We're not division rivals, you have basically zero chance of beating us in a 7 game series. In fact if you told me if I could choose the opponent for the Magic to face between Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Philadelphia, Chicago, Charlotte, and all the other sorry excuses of basketball teams, Chicago probably would be my first choice.

If the Bulls win this week and spilt the series 2-2 (with both wins coming after the trades) then I guess I will have more of an argument... until then... we both like our teams too much to budge at all right now...

If the Bulls win this week and spilt the series 2-2 (with both wins coming after the trades) then I guess I will have more of an argument... until then... we both like our teams too much to budge at all right now...

This coming from an outside fan of these 2 teams (Celtics), I have to say that the Bulls still aren't a big playoff contender. I think that they'll have great chemistry next season if they don't lose anybody, and if Rose keeps developing the way he is. Until then, I see them at a first round exit at best. They have a lot of great players, but they are like the Heat, they just don't have great chemistry.

This coming from an outside fan of these 2 teams (Celtics), I have to say that the Bulls still aren't a big playoff contender. I think that they'll have great chemistry next season if they don't lose anybody, and if Rose keeps developing the way he is. Until then, I see them at a first round exit at best. They have a lot of great players, but they are like the Heat, they just don't have great chemistry.

I think they're a little more like the Hawks. The Hawks made a couple moves last season, and it got them the 8th seed in the playoffs, and took the Celtics to 7 games, which is really impressive. I personally don't think the Bulls are as good as the Hawks were last season though. They traded for Bibby, and he made them a little better then a .500 team the rest of the way. Bulls still are a below .500 team, and would get crushed by nearly every team in the playoffs right now.

Good records dont really mean **** at this point... ask the Pats what a good record got them...

Good records don't mean ****? How about home-court advantage?

Even more important...and especially in the Bulls case...how about an actual playoff berth?

Sorry...basketball and football are way too different to draw comparisons from. You don't have any argument here with a below .500 team so this is done.

The record at this point really does not matter if they make it... it shows nothing about the team...

New HC

New PG

Then a trade adding new pieces that get minutes and have only played 7 games so far...

The record at this point really does not matter if they make it... it shows nothing about the team...

New HC

New PG

Then a trade adding new pieces that get minutes and have only played 7 games so far...

Yeah, IF they make it. Yes, I will admit, they are a better team, but they still might not make it to the palyoffs. Even if you guys do make it, you'll probably get the Cavs or Celtics in round 1, and well, you know......

Yeah, IF they make it. Yes, I will admit, they are a better team, but they still might not make it to the palyoffs. Even if you guys do make it, you'll probably get the Cavs or Celtics in round 1, and well, you know......

Thats why I am hoping they get the Magic... I know they can at least win the home games against them...

Damn, I wanted to beat the Bulls, but I didn't want to beat them so badly that Ecurb might be afraid to show his face... lol

Even Tony Battie is hitting threes. When that happens that means you know a loss is coming.

I am not even the type of person that would brag to other people after victories, and say a person's team sucks, but ecurb you brought this on your self... lol

Thanks for the link, never knew of this site.

I just got home looked on here saw that started watchin magic game ands it a blowout.. I might watch Celtics Heat game now

Yeah, thats where I usually watch sports when they're not on tv. I found that link after the baseball season, so I'm not sure if it'll have baseball. I hope it does, so I can watch Boston, and Tampa lose next year on a consistent basis... lol

Yuck... it stinks having to root for the Heat... lol

Archived