Buddy Ryan's 85 bears D

Pragmatic Bus

Actually there offense was mediocre at best even in 1985.

Very true, but it was able to do stuff at the right time in 85.... They were like the Ravens in 2000 in 85.. D was still great but in 2000 the offense did JUST enough.

(and the offense ranked 2nd in points in 1985... of course, the D could have had a lot to do with it, but it did rank 7th in yards.)

Very true, but it was able to do stuff at the right time in 85.... They were like the Ravens in 2000 in 85.. D was still great but in 2000 the offense did JUST enough.

(and the offense ranked 2nd in points in 1985... of course, the D could have had a lot to do with it, but it did rank 7th in yards.)

Nice comparison. I think the 1985 Bears were the best defense I have seen for 1 years.

Nice comparison. I think the 1985 Bears were the best defense I have seen for 1 years.

Best D I saw for a 5 yr period. To just pick 1 yr doesn't do it justice, although that 1985 team, with the exception of 1 game against the Dolphins, was unreal on D.

I was at that game... it wasn't even close. There was never a feeling the Jets were going to win.

The game was 13-6 Bears going into the 4th qtr, the Jets actually held the great one (Walter Payton), the Jets for most of the game were within a touchdown. The Bears had 2 late field goals to make the score misleading.

In my 28 years as a season ticket holder this was the coldest and the windiest game I was at which includes the 1986 double overtime game at the mistake by the lake.

let me take this oppty to point out a pet peeve of mine

when the media refers to the defense as a 4-6

huh ?

a 4-6 front ?

it was named after safety doug planck who wore #46

thank you for indulging me

edit : I just saw the other thread. so now we have the man, the myth, the legend on our staff !

The game was 13-6 Bears going into the 4th qtr, the Jets actually held the great one (Walter Payton), the Jets for most of the game were within a touchdown. The Bears had 2 late field goals to make the score misleading.

In my 28 years as a season ticket holder this was the coldest and the windiest game I was at which includes the 1986 double overtime game at the mistake by the lake.

Wasn't judging by the score. The Jets scored on a short FG and a really long one (I didn't remember how long until I looked it up). They really didn't threaten... I was at the game and my memory says the Bears never were in jeopardy. That's what I was judging on. I'm not a person who will judge on stats. a 14-17 pt game can be close, and a 6 pt game can not be. That is possible.

We sat in section 138, so it wasn't bad. I had those seats until 2003.

I was at that game... it wasn't even close. There was never a feeling the Jets were going to win.

I was too, and never did I feel we had a chance to win. Only positive out of that game was Leahy kicking a 55 yarder! I missed it, was at the concession stand and heard the crowd roar!

I was too, and never did I feel we had a chance to win. Only positive out of that game was Leahy kicking a 55 yarder! I missed it, was at the concession stand and heard the crowd roar!

I remember it, but back then I was 12, so I thought Leahy was good.. hahaha :)

That's how a judge a "close" game... If I feel both teams have a shot going into the 3rd quarter and even more so the 4th, it's close. In this case, I never thought the Jets had a realistic shot.

Wasn't judging by the score. The Jets scored on a short FG and a really long one (I didn't remember how long until I looked it up). They really didn't threaten... I was at the game and my memory says the Bears never were in jeopardy. That's what I was judging on. I'm not a person who will judge on stats. a 14-17 pt game can be close, and a 6 pt game can not be. That is possible.

We sat in section 138, so it wasn't bad. I had those seats until 2003.

That is all true me being the internal optimist Jet fan (if that is possible) seen this as a tough defensive game and we were within a TD so we had a chance. Leahy's kick was 55 yards, only if Nugent could play that way with the wind

I took a very hot girl to the 'Fake Spike' game as a first date. It was the coldest game I was ever at. I couldn't tell you the temp, but with wind-chill it had to be in the single-digits. By the time we left, the cold plus the outcome had pretty much made it obvious that relationship was going nowhere.

F-U Dan Marino!

I took a very hot girl to the 'Fake Spike' game as a first date. It was the coldest game I was ever at. I couldn't tell you the temp, but with wind-chill it had to be in the single-digits. By the time we left, the cold plus the outcome had pretty much made it obvious that relationship was going nowhere.

F-U Dan Marino!

You should have known any relationship that commenced that day was going to end in doom.

I was at the fake spike game and that BS play was right in front of me in Sec 315, the game was in November and I do not remember it being so cold, but that was likely because Marino caused my blood pressure to shoot up.

Archived