Could we possibly trade Favre to Minnesota...

For Tavaris Jackson, so we can at least get something out of it? If he comes back to play, that is the only place where Favre would want to go.

The one year restriction 1st round pick deal thing we had with Green Bay was only for last season, not for the entire length of his contract.

we cant trade him.....dont we have to give GB 3 1st rounders ????

Jackson sucks anyway.

Which is why I just said it was a ONE YEAR thing with the restriction, the Jets could trade him to Minnesota, Chicago or Detroit now if they so wish to do so.

For Tavaris Jackson, so we can at least get something out of it? If he comes back to play, that is the only place where Favre would want to go.

The one year restriction 1st round pick deal thing we had with Green Bay was only for last season, not for the entire length of his contract.

We all know the Packers made sure that wouldn't happen and I just read the Daily News that there would be penalties if we did it this year as well. The only choices we have are keep him or cut him and the Jets need to man up and just cut him instead of letting him control the entire team. This is getting more aggervating everyday that passes.

The Vikings may be the only team Favre wants, but as part of the trade last summer, the Packers inserted this poison pill: If the Jets traded Favre to the Vikings last year, they would have had to give Green Bay two No. 1 draft picks. If they trade him to the Vikings this year, the Jets send Green Bay one No. 1 pick. So, he's not being traded to Minnesota.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/02/07/2009-02-07_jets_hope_to_get_answer_from_brett_favre.html

We all know the Packers made sure that wouldn't happen and I just read the Daily News that there would be penalties if we did it this year as well. The only choices we have are keep him or cut him and the Jets need to man up and just cut him instead of letting him control the entire team. This is getting more aggervating everyday that passes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/02/07/2009-02-07_jets_hope_to_get_answer_from_brett_favre.html

Alrighty then.

Scrap this idea then. :)

Isn't 1 year = 8/6/08 to 8/6/09?

Actually this is better then I thought. If Minny wanted Favre that bad they would have to at least give us there first so we could give ours to Greenbay. Then we would ask for more so we could get something out of the deal. Honestly, I'd take a first and third for Favre. That way we'd move up in the first round with Minny's pick and have their third, Greenbay would be getting our first for the trade to minny and our third from the original deal, and Minny would get Favre. A bit complicated and probably never go down, but if Minny wanted him that bad that is what they'd have to give the Jets so we'd get some compensation out of the deal.

Actually this is better then I thought. If Minny wanted Favre that bad they would have to at least give us there first so we could give ours to Greenbay. Then we would ask for more so we could get something out of the deal. Honestly, I'd take a first and third for Favre. That way we'd move up in the first round with Minny's pick and have their third, Greenbay would be getting our first for the trade to minny and our third from the original deal, and Minny would get Favre. A bit complicated and probably never go down, but if Minny wanted him that bad that is what they'd have to give the Jets so we'd get some compensation out of the deal.

Don't get me wrong that'd be nice but, honestly, there's less than .01% chance that happens. Do you really think they would give up half their draft just for Favre? If they want a veteran that bad why not go with Garcia or something? Even being very optimistic there's no reasonable way Favre is better than Garcia AND a 1st AND a 3rd rounder.

Wed have to give GB 3, count them, 3 1st rounders.

So you want to give Favre to MIN, our 2009 1st, their 2009 1st and our 2010 pick? Are you NUTS?

Meanwhile, Minnesota knows the situation, and would never do what you suggest.

LOL, so now Tavaris Jackson is a better qb for us than Brett Favre??

Ok we trade him for the Vikings #1 and let the Packers have our #17 pick...we save cap space and still have a #1 pick...

Wed have to give GB 3, count them, 3 1st rounders.

So you want to give Favre to MIN, our 2009 1st, their 2009 1st and our 2010 pick? Are you NUTS?

Meanwhile, Minnesota knows the situation, and would never do what you suggest.

Not based on what the person who started this thread said. It was 2 first rounders last year and one this year. If he is accurate, then if minny gave us a first and a third I would do the trade. I don't think it will happen, but I'm saying it would at least take that for us to come out even.

Favre is going to have the leverage knowing what kind of cap situation the Jets are in. He know the Jets are going to have do something by the end of the month so he is going to force the Jets hand. Last year Favre went on the retired list so he did not cost the Packers against the cap. He essentially will be a free agent if the Jets cut him instead of going on the retired list and this is why he will not announce anything and force the Jets to cut him.

Archived