Draft DMC

Favorite_Toon

We dont need Sanchez.

I say Maclin if he's still available.

We can even draft a Linebacker-- Maualuga!!!!

But please God, no Sanchez!

oh we don't need a qb? not saying sanchez will be good or not. but you're willing to go into the season with ratliff/clemens/ainge? and when that likely fails then what do we do?

oh we don't need a qb? not saying sanchez will be good or not. but you're willing to go into the season with ratliff/clemens/ainge? and when that likely fails then what do we do?

We always fail so that will be nothing new. Drafting Sanchez will be a mistake.

I'd rather give the reins over to Ratliff, and see what he can dow ith our O-line. But an underclassman rookie QB is not the answer. Plain and simple.

I'm willing to wait a year, if the jets can get a better QB like bradford McCoy or Tebow, or some good senior QB.

I'm willing to wait a year, if the jets can get a better QB like bradford McCoy or Tebow, or some good senior QB.
tebow? lol. the guy isn't even a pro qb. if we draft tebow as a qb might as well just pick another team to root for cause this one obviously will suck forever. and if we don't do something about qb now you'll be waiting for longer than a year. i don't knwo how long you've been a jets fan......me since the beginning of the 80's....and i'm pretty tried of waiting another year.

don't chew apart my arguement because of one name, the point is still valid. I used his name to paint a picture.

problem i see is that without a veteran qb we will be waiting longer than one year, imo. at least if we get a vet in here and have a competition we will see what our guys have. even if the vet wins we get to see if one of them has what it takes to sit and learn another year or 2 until he is really ready. and if not we draft a qb or get one vis trade or FA next year. and we still have the vet for him to sit behind for a year at least and learn. i just don't see the logic into going into this year with just what we have and no thought towards the future when that likely ends badly.

problem i see is that without a veteran qb we will be waiting longer than one year, imo. at least if we get a vet in here and have a competition we will see what our guys have. even if the vet wins we get to see if one of them has what it takes to sit and learn another year or 2 until he is really ready. and if not we draft a qb or get one vis trade or FA next year. and we still have the vet for him to sit behind for a year at least and learn. i just don't see the logic into going into this year with just what we have and no thought towards the future when that likely ends badly.

I agree we need a Vet to come in and complete. What do you think about Collins for a year or two. Seems a "game manager" type QB is what Rex is looking for.

I agree we need a Vet to come in and complete. What do you think about Collins for a year or two. Seems a "game manager" type QB is what Rex is looking for.

i obviously like warner........collins might be better than nothing. i'd even take that fruit garcia. we just need somebody who is legitimately capable of playing at this level. if we go into the season just with what we have, we are looking at another likely miserable jets season. and judging by the competiton we better have, we;ll know if we need to draft another one or if we have one who could learn and be the future in a year or two.

There are 5 main things that judge how well a QB will do in the pros, his understanding of the game, confidence in what he can do, the ability to lead a team, knowing his limitations and not trying to do more than he can, the ability to learn and grow.

There is a bad history with QB's who have very little experience starting in college because most of them get an inflated draft value because of the team they come from or the success they had in college...usually both. The problem comes when they go high, are expected to lead a team right away but are lacking knowledge about themselves and the game, sure they have all the confidence in the world sometimes too much, but you can't get your drivers license 1 day and expect to be a stunt driver the next just doesn't happen.

The same goes with QB's that go in the second round only a different problem with them, either their skills are too raw to justify the first round or they were good in a small school against weak opponents. Look back at the history of the draft the last few years, how many QB's that were drafted in the 2nd and third round are still around and starting?

Conversley you can get quality guys in the late rounds or even undrafted because some guys just slip through the cracks, could be character, injuries or just playing for a bad team.

I think Sanchez or Freeman would be good choices this year, both would have to sit a year and digest the system though although i like Freeman more than Sanchez...Sanchez is Leinart 1.5 good accuracy, good but not great arm, elevated by the USC pedigree.

We dont need Sanchez.

I say Maclin if he's still available.

We can even draft a Linebacker-- Maualuga!!!!

But please God, no Sanchez!

I don't mean to single you out, but have you watched Sanchez or Maualuga play all that much??

What is it exactly about Sanchez that you don't like?? He has a good to very good arm, an extremely quick release, is quite accurate , has played under center his entire career and has shown he can read defenses.

I agree he definitely needs more experience, but what's the glaring weakness that you see?? It's not poor mobility, because he moves well in and out of the pocket and throws very well on the run. I just don't understand the hate on him, because being a huge college football fan, and despising USC, I don't see his huge weaknesses. I am not advocating us taking Sanchez, for I think Ratliff or Clemens could do the job, but I'm just curious the hate on him. If your reason for not liking him is because you feel we don't need to draft a QB than that's fair as well.

As for Rey Rey. I just don't see why we need to spend a first rounder on an ILB. It's not like the MLB of the 43 defense, you don't need an allstar talent to succeed. I firmly beleive we could go with someone like Jasper Brinkley in the later rounds and not loose anything.

It's also quite obvious our linebacking core has been quite suspect in coverage, which Rey won't help. He has stiff hips and is not great in coverage, I just don't think he compliments Harris well at all.

I 100% agree with you on Maclin, I think he's an absolute stud. He has all the talent of the speedy recievers like Ginn, Holmes etc. but has good size at 6' 200lbs, plays tough and offers a lot after the catch. I've been pressing this point ad nausuem, but I feel we need a playmaking wide reciever who can roll coverages and can affect defensive game plans. That's why, even though I don't like Harvin as a receiver at all, he has that elite speed and talent that affects a defensive game plan.

Do we have a 4th rounder this year? If so, go after QB with that. Ten bucks says we draft a Pro Bowl QB at the least with that.

Thinking about it, we should just trade all our 1st-3rd picks for 4th rounders...

We should have washington's 4th from the kendal fiasco. And i wholeheatedly agree with you on trading back for all 4ths haha.

Also, does anyone know how involved mangini was with the draft process?? I have enjoyed our drafts the last few years and wonder how much input he actually had in the selection process.

Oh...Sorry..that was last year...lol

This Year... I say CB or WR QB

Sanchez Or Freeman

Dj Moore OR Vonte Davis

Maclin or Percy Harvin

You sure hit the nail on the head last year with DMC, even advocating trading up from #6 to #2 for a chance to draft that creampuff. The Jets would be crazy not to take your advice this year. ;)

Staying at 6 worked so well.

Lots of things didn't work well under Mangini. I wasn't big on Gholston either. Drafting a guy that high only to make him change positions from the one that made him a high prospect in the first place...not my type of move. I was good with drafting Ryan if he somehow fell (or if trading up didn't require idiotic compensation) or trade down. Mangini/Tannenbaum, like Bradway in 2003, were beyond consumed with who they thought BB wanted.

Even so, that hardly made trading up for McFadden - for all his playmaking potential - and paying him $11m a year or whatever it was, a good move then or in hindsight.

You sure hit the nail on the head last year with DMC, even advocating trading up from #6 to #2 for a chance to draft that creampuff. The Jets would be crazy not to take your advice this year. ;)

First of all DMC was very good last year.. he had a crappy raiders o-line... and a nagging injury the whole year... so yeah GHOLSTEN WAS BETTER RIGHT!! LOL

I remember everything... everyone screaming for Gholston.... yeaaaaaah that worked out great!!!

First of all DMC was very good last year.. he had a crappy raiders o-line... and a nagging injury the whole year... so yeah GHOLSTEN WAS BETTER RIGHT!! LOL

I remember everything... everyone screaming for Gholston.... yeaaaaaah that worked out great!!!

Did I miss something or did Thomas Jones not lead the AFC in rushing? :yawn:

Oh and...

Leon > DMC.

The Raiders line looked good when Michael Bush was the one with the ball.

You remember me screaming for Gholston? Really?

McFadden sucks. He'll have a great game here & there I'm sure. But he'll never live up to his draft status. Gholston probably won't either, but that's irrelevant. You weren't screaming for not-Gholston. You were screaming for McFadden over anyone in the draft. He's too tall & skinny & brittle & fumble-prone. His career will be one injury-plagued season after another. You bring up his "nagging injury the whole year" as though no one said this would always be the case with him.

Let me know when a season ends with McFrauden having many more touchdowns than fumbles.

Archived