Ryan Video On NFLN....good stuff

SoFlaJets

I like Rex because despite being fat, he's got a good head of hair on him.

Low stress guy with alot of natural confidence and "swag." He went around that Ray Lewis question really well.

Hopefully things work out. I just hope I don't have to hear another name trashed by Jets fans. In fact, as a Jets fan I'm really bored and irritated with the constant whining/negativity so I'd really like for him to succeed here.

Two reactions to this video:

1. Callahan is completely in control of the O-line which probably means he advised that we trade Moore or at least OK'd it. The way Rex called him one of the best in the league made me believe he has complete trust in Callahan and his decision making.

2. We are not picking up a veteran QB.

1. Callahan is completely in control of the O-line which probably means he advised that we trade Moore or at least OK'd it. The way Rex called him one of the best in the league made me believe he has complete trust in Callahan and his decision making.

BTW who did we GET in that Brandon Moore trade?

This guy has more balls then brains, I can't decide if this is a good thing or not but it sounds good so far. One of my biggest problems with Mangina is that he made the game TOO cerebral and I believe football is still very much a game of emotion. Out side of the QB, the mental aspect of the game I am most concerned about is that players know what they are supposed to do and have the confidence to know they can get it done. I didn't get the sense that the players had either under Mangina and I do get the sense they will under Rex...

Talk is cheap. But there's no way not to get excited by what he has to say. :headbang:

While the cliche holds true, the "talk" in NFL terms has been shown to be important, at least in one instance.

Did anyone ever see the Year-in-review for the 2000 Ravens (the championship year) that NFL films did? I saw it one late night on ESPN years ago.

They showed Brian Billick addressing his team before the preseason and he was talking about them going to the Super Bowl.

Mind you, this was only Billick's 2nd year with the team and in his first year the team was 8-8. They also had Tony Banks as their starting QB.

Make no mistake, that 2000 Ravens team was not considered a SB contender going into the season. As noted, they were 8-8 the year before, and 6-10 the year before that and had Tony Banks as their starter.

So for that team, talk was important. That team made itself into a SB contender with a historic defense (a historic defense that was good the year before, but bad 2 years prior).

This guy has more balls then brains, I can't decide if this is a good thing or not but it sounds good so far. One of my biggest problems with Mangina is that he made the game TOO cerebral and I believe football is still very much a game of emotion. Out side of the QB, the mental aspect of the game I am most concerned about is that players know what they are supposed to do and have the confidence to know they can get it done. I didn't get the sense that the players had either under Mangina and I do get the sense they will under Rex...

Football is a game of beat the **** out of the guy across from you more than anything else IMO Chan

Mangini - 100% brains, 0% balls.

Ryan - 40% brains, 60% balls.

Bellichick - 50% brains, 40% balls, 10% camera.

Sparano - 100% parcells' brains/balls.

When did we trade Moore and what did we get in return?

Archived