The **OFFICIAL 2009 NCAA TOURNAMENT** Thread

PS17

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, what an all time classic. And I wanted Pitt to win REALLY bad after Syracuse got knocked out. I feel horrible for Levance, DeJuan, and Sam. All three of them are class acts and they didn't deserve to lose. It was so hard for them in the pressed after the game. Fields looked like he was going to cry, DeJuan walked out early, those kids wanted it so bad, just really hard to see them lose like that.

I want to send out a congratulations to uart, I know your probably going nuts right now.

And about villanova, they aren't gonna lose next Saturday, they will beat UNC or OU - doesn't matter who they play, they'll be playing for a Championship Monday night. Congratulations to Jay Wright, one of the best in college hoops, and to the rest of that Nova team...I can't believe I thought they were soft earlier this year LOL.

Well, those were just my thoughts on tonights epic/classic game.

GO BIG EAST!!!!!!

Man, what an all time classic. And I wanted Pitt to win REALLY bad after Syracuse got knocked out. I feel horrible for Levance, DeJuan, and Sam. All three of them are class acts and they didn't deserve to lose. It was so hard for them in the pressed after the game. Fields looked like he was going to cry, DeJuan walked out early, those kids wanted it so bad, just really hard to see them lose like that.

I want to send out a congratulations to uart, I know your probably going nuts right now.

And about villanova, they aren't gonna lose next Saturday, they will beat UNC or OU - doesn't matter who they play, they'll be playing for a Championship Monday night. Congratulations to Jay Wright, one of the best in college hoops, and to the rest of that Nova team...I can't believe I thought they were soft earlier this year LOL.

Well, those were just my thoughts on tonights epic/classic game.

GO BIG EAST!!!!!!

I love you man! NOVA'S GONNA DO THIS!

Pitt played real tough tonight. If the regions were done differently they would probably be a final four team as well. I love this team for playing 40 minutes of hardnose basketball though. These Wildcats have a special kind of fight in them, and I really hope they continue this run all the way! I wish my 05-06 'Cat had been able to do this, but regardless, these guys are here and they're playing the best basketball of their lives. It shows.

I'm extremely proud of these 'Cats. Especially our seniors. Dante Cunningham and Dwayne Anderson are two of the hardest working players in the NCAA. If anyone deserves to have a ticket to Detroit punched, it's those guys.

Oh, and they're all welcome to our Alumni meetings down here in Atlanta.

1) Michigan St. outplayed Louisville today. Congrats to the Spartans on a great win.

2) Thinking ahead to the final four, I think I slightly prefer UNC to OU as a matchup for Villanova. Either team will be a tough game, of course.

3) My ideal final now would be for my 'Cats to face UConn for the title.

1) Michigan St. outplayed Louisville today. Congrats to the Spartans on a great win.

2) Thinking ahead to the final four, I think I slightly prefer UNC to OU as a matchup for Villanova. Either team will be a tough game, of course.

Really? I think OU then MSU would acually be a lot easier but I want to see both of the matchups you suggested.

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm interested to see what Mich. State does, but I think UConn should probably win that game.

As for Nova/UNC, 'Nova has been licking the wounds from 2005 for a while now... This is definitely an interesting matchup, and UNC is going to be a big challenge. If we can beat UNC, I'm going to book my ticket to Philly for the parade.

I'm interested to see what Mich. State does, but I think UConn should probably win that game.

As for Nova/UNC, 'Nova has been licking the wounds from 2005 for a while now... This is definitely an interesting matchup, and UNC is going to be a big challenge. If we can beat UNC, I'm going to book my ticket to Philly for the parade.

There isn't a player left from '05 on either team and by the way not only did the 'Nova player travel he did so TWICE. It was a good call and the game was only close b/c Raymond felton fouled out on some ticky tack calls. That game has nothing to do w/ this one. Villanova can win but if the Heels bring their A game I don't think any team can beat them.

Good luck Saturday and by good luck I hope we have a well played game not decided by a bad play or a bad call-

There isn't a player left from '05 on either team and by the way not only did the 'Nova player travel he did so TWICE. It was a good call and the game was only close b/c Raymond felton fouled out on some ticky tack calls. That game has nothing to do w/ this one. Villanova can win but if the Heels bring their A game I don't think any team can beat them.

Good luck Saturday and by good luck I hope we have a well played game not decided by a bad play or a bad call-

I think UConn could put up a very good fight...

I think UConn could put up a very good fight...

Uconn could put up a fight butif the heels are playing to their capabiltities I don't think UConn would beat them. In a 1 game situationn anything can happen. Villanova certainly is good enough to play w/ the Heels and beat them if they play a great game and the Heels don't, any of these 4 teams can win but if all 4 are playing their best I think the heels would win.

Vegas spread...

UNC 7 1/2 over Nova

UConn 4 over Mich State

both have same 110 over/under

Nova matches up well vs UNC..will be a battle

Mich State on a nice roll..they might be hosting Nat Champ game :(

I think the UNC-Villanova game will be tighter than the UConn-MSU game.

I know it was way back in the beginning of the season but Carolina demolished MSU at Ford Field. I have a hard time believing they can beat UConn Saturday. UConn can beat MSU playing that Big Ten slow down/half court type game.

The Carolina-Villanova game is going to be tight. I think UNC is on a mission after getting embarassed by Kansas last year, but 'Nova has very good guards that can penetrate and cause problems for the Carolina D. If Carolina plays the way they did in the regionals their not getting beat, but if the Wildcats neuralize Lawson than they can win the game. Can't wait til Saturday.

not only did the 'Nova player travel he did so TWICE.

Probably after he was fouled. In fact, he was fouled intentionally... the UNC player that fouled him tried to signal to the ref that the foul was before the shot. Sorry, but watch the replay again. No sane basketball fan would have called a travel there.

That game has nothing to do w/ this one. Villanova can win but if the Heels bring their A game I don't think any team can beat them.

We'll see. If Villanova brings the fire they brought against UCLA and Duke, you're going to see some VERY tough defense. Probably the toughest defense UNC will have seen all year.

If it's a high-scoring game, UNC can win it. If Villanova keeps the score low with good D, they're in the mix. My boys need to keep rebounding well, and we need to keep our FG% high.

I'm pulling for UCunnt and Nova tomorrow night.

Go Big East.

Thank you sir.

Probably after he was fouled. In fact, he was fouled intentionally... the UNC player that fouled him tried to signal to the ref that the foul was before the shot. Sorry, but watch the replay again. No sane basketball fan would have called a travel there.

We'll see. If Villanova brings the fire they brought against UCLA and Duke, you're going to see some VERY tough defense. Probably the toughest defense UNC will have seen all year.

If it's a high-scoring game, UNC can win it. If Villanova keeps the score low with good D, they're in the mix. My boys need to keep rebounding well, and we need to keep our FG% high.

Thank you sir.

I think if Villanova plays the way they played against UCLA, they will win. I have never seen a team play so perfect basketball as they did in that game. UCLA never even had a chance & 2 minutes into the game, players on the Bruins knew that LOL.

I think that if Nova wants to win, they have to slow down Lawson, because they will not be beat if Lawson is running the show like usual. I think Scottie and Corey have the ability to slow him down. These games should be good!

Thank you sir.

Fouled intentionally? he wasn't fouled at all.

He travelled TWICE, shuffled his feet before he started then he clearly took 3 steps. It's a play in most cases they will let go BUT it was a travel and had they not called the travel you are still down 1 w/ the ball being in Carolina's possession. Time to get over that, the only reason it was even close was b/c Felton fouled it on a couple of ticky tack fouls. The better team won.

I think if Villanova plays the way they played against UCLA, they will win. I have never seen a team play so perfect basketball as they did in that game. UCLA never even had a chance & 2 minutes into the game, players on the Bruins knew that LOL.

I think that if Nova wants to win, they have to slow down Lawson, because they will not be beat if Lawson is running the show like usual. I think Scottie and Corey have the ability to slow him down. These games should be good!

If 'Nova plays the way they did against UCLA and Carolina doesn't play well they will win. If Carolina plays like they are capable it doesn't matter how good 'Nova plays. If Carolina is at their peak they will beat anyone. That doesn't mean 'Nova can't win but they'll need UNC to bring their B or C game to win.

Fouled intentionally? he wasn't fouled at all.

He travelled TWICE, shuffled his feet before he started then he clearly took 3 steps. It's a play in most cases they will let go BUT it was a travel and had they not called the travel you are still down 1 w/ the ball being in Carolina's possession.

First of all, I've never heard that argument from anyone but the most biased UNC fans. Everyone else in the universe (including rational UNC fans) thinks that call was wrong.

Enjoy the game tonight!

Uconn played like crap

Calhoun did a terrible job IMO

so undisciplined

This is what the patriots say when the Jets beat them. I think Uconn played great. They that big "adrian" guy was mugging people underneath the whole game and never got called once for it.

The lowly green team is just good. People don't like green teams.

Archived