DRAFT MAY BE MOVED TO LATE MARCH IN 2010

Bachelors3

According to Pro Football Weekly, the owners may move the draft to late March next year, in a cost savings move, and have the veterans free agent period held after the first rookie camp. I gotta think about this one but one thing is certain from the article. The NFL is taking the economic crisis seriously though not seriuos enough to suspend PSL's.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2009/holbrook032209.htm

This SUCKS. The Jets are all set to win their first Super Bowl in 2009 and now they are going to screw with their draft preparation. The Jets will have less time to celebrate now that they are moving the draft up.

The commish really is in the Patriots camp. Unreal.

Wonder if the NFL Network and ESPN want to go head-to-head against March Madness. Late April makes more sense for TV. Suspect though the NFL front offices would prefer to have the draft sooner to settle thier rosters quicker and have more time to sign FAs and draftees.

According to Pro Football Weekly, the owners may move the draft to late March next year, in a cost savings move, and have the veterans free agent period held after the first rookie camp. I gotta think about this one but one thing is certain from the article. The NFL is taking the economic crisis seriously though not seriuos enough to suspend PSL's.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2009/holbrook032209.htm

I found this news to be important enough that I Twitter'ed it. Going to wash my hands now.

Wonder if the NFL Network and ESPN want to go head-to-head against March Madness. Late April makes more sense for TV. Suspect though the NFL front offices would prefer to have the draft sooner to settle thier rosters quicker and have more time to sign FAs and draftees.

good points

I would really hate to have to split between the masters and the draft

that would suck

What public assistance was there in 63 B.C. ?

I'm all in favour of moving the draft up but just how is that saving them any money ? ::GoJets:

I'd be surprised if they moved the draft into March. ESPN has conference torney's the first two weeks of March and after that the NFL would be going up against the real tournament. I don't think they would want to compete against March Madness.

Unless they want to phase out ESPN's coverage and put the draft solely on the NFL Network on one of the first two weekends in March.

I could see them moving it up into the middle of April, maybe the weekend after the Masters.

What would be a cooler sports weekend than:

Saturday afternoon - Day 1 of NFL draft

Saturday night - Final Four semifinals

Sunday morning/afternoon - Day 2 of NFL draft

Sunday night - MLB opening game

Monday night - NCAA championship game

:Ban: Awesome.

There would be no one on the streets except for non-sports fans that day. There would be heavy chip and beer shopping the night before as well. That's economic stimulus. LOL.:cheers:

I LOVE this...that means the ROAD TRIP schedule comes out earlier~!!!

I knew you would be thinking this as soon as I read this thread..... Just imagine had they started this already we would already know the Dates of the games in Miami & New Orleans for this season already...

Archived