Why Won't St. Jude's Children's Hospital Leave Me The F Alone?!

jetophile

I donated because a family member died. Anything I've ever sent has long since been eaten by their constant solicitation, their address labels, and their phone calls. I've written letters in the past: Please don't solicit me, save on your postage, and don't waste every penny I've ever sent you to get me to send more money. It infuriates me. Keep it up, and pretty soon I'll tell you to eat a bullet, you fukking idiots.

Edited for propriety's sake.

I donated because a family member died. Anything I've ever sent has long since been eaten by their constant solicitation, their address labels, and their phone calls. I've written letters in the past: Please don't solicit me, save on your postage, and don't waste every penny I've ever sent you to get me to send more money. It infuriates me. Keep it up, and pretty soon I'll tell you to eat a bullet, you fukking idiots.

i will tell my daughter to stop bothering you:D

But please, How do you really feel about this ? :bag:

Oh, I'm sorry, it's St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I KNOW that, but it got garbled in an angry ball of flame after getting the latest batch of three different sets of labels in three different envelopes addressed to the same person, only spelled slightly different - all wrong. I had to rip up three sheets of a dying kid because they sukk royal cakk.

Oh, I'm sorry, it's St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I KNOW that, but it got garbled in an angry ball of flame after getting the latest batch of three different sets of labels in three different envelopes addressed to the same person, only spelled slightly different - all wrong. I had to rip up three sheets of a dying kid because they sukk royal cakk.

YEAH! **** THOSE POOR LITTLE KIDS DYING OF CANCER!!! **** EM ALL!

Must I constantly get postcards of bald children? I know what to do. They defeat the purpose. Fukk that.

well, as one of these bald kids for a year or so of my life, I just wonder, is it really that big an issue in your life to come on here and rant.

Btw, you do know most of those kids end up dying right? It isn't a charity to save some stupid bush rat, so what if they're a little overzealous about trying to keep bald kids from dying.

well, as one of these bald kids for a year or so of my life, I just wonder, is it really that big an issue in your life to come on here and rant.

Btw, you do know most of those kids end up dying right? It isn't a charity to save some stupid bush rat, so what if they're a little overzealous about trying to keep bald kids from dying.

You miss the point, much as always.

I did a "Feed the children" hit a few years ago at about 4 am. 100 bucks.

Drink.... was takin. Bawlin like a baby.

Must have recieved 2309 lbs of mail since promising me pics of some kid.

Thats like three trees.

Inadvertent consequence.

I did a "Feed the children" hit a few years ago at about 4 am. 100 bucks.

Drink.... was takin. Bawlin like a baby.

Must have recieved 2309 lbs of mail since promising me pics of some kid.

Thats like three trees.

Inadvertent consequence.

Give an American kid a sandwich instead of praying an African kid gets fed. Only the first part is admirable. The second part, not so much.

oh yeah sure I did.

So is this the point when some of the other female posters come on and say how funny and witty jeto is and how much they love her posts because, well this whole thread is so witty and all. LOL

oh yeah sure I did.

So is this the point when some of the other female posters come on and say how funny and witty jeto is and how much they love her posts because, well this whole thread is so witty and all. LOL

In other words, you think their waste of paper to eat up donations is a good thing. Got it.

'Some of the other female posters', try to be just a wee bit lamer.

oh yeah sure I did.

I think more than the annoyance of junk mail is the feeling that her past generosity has been wasted.

Overall, St.Jude's certainly raises much more than they spend in solicitations. But they're not the most efficient in their fund-raising efforts considering how much they spend on it.

The way I see it with a fund-raising entity as they have, they can be more efficient but it might lead to lesser overall funding.

Let's say they can raise $500M by spending $100M on fund-raising efforts. That's not too great in terms of efficiency, but the bottom-line is a net of $400M. Being far more efficient in their efforts would lead to a higher percentage of the moneys donated going towards research instead of address labels & calendars & such. But it is unlikely they would have raised the same net revenue as they would be reaching out to fewer people.

I believe most people give because they are interested in helping kids with cancer, not because they got (or will get) address labels. But it's a means to an end. Those stupid labels probably get 100x the number of people to open the envelope as a solicitation letter alone would.

I believe most people give because they are interested in helping kids with cancer...

Right. We're a giving people, and the entire point of my ire is that you give because you want to. Yet, after repeated requests to NOT churn up every donation I've ever made, they persist in wasting my money and theirs.

oh yeah sure I did.

In other words, you think their waste of paper to eat up donations is a good thing. Got it.

'Some of the other female posters', try to be just a wee bit lamer.

gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg...gg... :lol:

anyway...

there was a charity ( that will remain nameless) that i would give money to EVERY year but they would solicit me with mail twice a week. i told them a couple of times, by phone .. and they still sent me a load of crap. SO i finally called them and told them that i would be no longer donate to an organization that was spending money sending me information that i dont want.

there are a couple of websites where yo ucan look up the most efficient charities.. here is one...

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm/bay/topten.list.htm

I hope these charities are doing statistical analysis on solicitation/return ROI.

I'm guessing their solicitaion budget is a small percentage of TOTAL revenue...and that's more than enough money to hammer you beyond your original donation amount.

Looking for a bright side? You contributed to their marketing department, which is bringing money to a worthy cause. :)

I think more than the annoyance of junk mail is the feeling that her past generosity has been wasted.

Overall, St.Jude's certainly raises much more than they spend in solicitations. But they're not the most efficient in their fund-raising efforts considering how much they spend on it.

The way I see it with a fund-raising entity as they have, they can be more efficient but it might lead to lesser overall funding.

Let's say they can raise $500M by spending $100M on fund-raising efforts. That's not too great in terms of efficiency, but the bottom-line is a net of $400M. Being far more efficient in their efforts would lead to a higher percentage of the moneys donated going towards research instead of address labels & calendars & such. But it is unlikely they would have raised the same net revenue as they would be reaching out to fewer people.

I believe most people give because they are interested in helping kids with cancer, not because they got (or will get) address labels. But it's a means to an end. Those stupid labels probably get 100x the number of people to open the envelope as a solicitation letter alone would.

Who says St. Jude's even pays for those solicitations? Someone could be donating them to them for a nice tax write off. They can have a couple of printers in the basement pumping the things out. At that point it is just postage.

Jesus S hit, it's a wonderful organization, but the main point is, I hate being targeted for doing something out of the goodness of my heart. The very idea that even if they get huge discounts for non-profit, so what? It insults me that the money I've given before makes me not want to ever give again after repeated attempts of telling them (I even CALLED) to use the coinage they receive as intended. I've used my own postage, wrote on the donation slip - "Please don't waste this institution's money by soliciting me." Two weeks later, I got a fukking calendar and more misspelled labels. Three times.

I went through the same thing with my local chapter of Hospice, but they heeded what I said. Of course they get more money from me than St. Jude ever will.

Jesus S hit, it's a wonderful organization, but the main point is, I hate being targeted for doing something out of the goodness of my heart. The very idea that even if they get huge discounts for non-profit, so what? It insults me that the money I've given before makes me not want to ever give again after repeated attempts of telling them (I even CALLED) to use the coinage they receive as intended. I've used my own postage, wrote on the donation slip - "Please don't waste this institution's money by soliciting me." Two weeks later, I got a fukking calendar and more misspelled labels. Three times.

I went through the same thing with my local chapter of Hospice, but they heeded what I said. Of course they get more money from me than St. Jude ever will.

god i hope they did not misspell it to say petophile:D

I use the labels... they are usually pretty nice... like the Holiday gift labels drawn by kids...

They only send me like a few things or so each year... maybe your name got entered 10000000 times on their list... lol

god i hope they did not misspell it to say petophile:D
Haha, my real name gets mangled all of the time. Jamal, etc. The best thing I get every year from a local orchard is addressed to 'Jemel Frimbo', which makes it ten times funnier, because it's not even close. I RE-signed (PRINTED IN BIG, FAT LETTERS) their guest book when we went pumpkin picking three years ago, and I STILL get it. Haha, I have about eight flyers now for comedic effect that I'll never get rid of.

Haha, my real name gets mangled all of the time. Jamal, etc. The best thing I get every year from a local orchard is addressed to 'Jemel Frimbo', which makes it ten times funnier, because it's not even close. I RE-signed (PRINTED IN BIG, FAT LETTERS) their guest book when we went pumpkin picking three years ago, and I STILL get it. Haha, I have about eight flyers now for comedic effect that I'll never get rid of.

lol maybe they just watched Lord of the Rings

My daughter's soriorty's works with St Jude and yes i am hit up

twice a year for donations, they are in her Tri-Delta name so i guess

all is good.

same here... tons of mangled names...

"wyoming" and "miami" are my favorites.. yeah i can see miami as i am a nice jewish girl.. but wyoming?? OY!

:D

"wyoming" and "miami" are my favorites.. yeah i can see miami as i am a nice jewish girl.. but wyoming?? OY!

Haha, 'Miami'! The old man's name is Mario, and I LOVE Maria, Marion, but Mr. Maria is a personal favorite!

Decafe maybe? Give it a shot.

My hub's name is oft spelled "Brain" instead of "Brian", which greatly amuses him! lol.

Archived