New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

On slats (aka, the Professor from Gilligin's Island), I'd hold off on voting for him because his deductive reasoning could prove valuable again for the team, aka, the Jets. He's a reasoner (made up word) and not a Pied Piper like EY, so he's not a danger.

However, I did notice the difference as JiF noticed. That is a possible sign of newbie scum. We've seen that before. But, again, he's not as much a threat because he is not a manipulator like EY, CTM, and Doggin.

The thing is, I know that each game has its own probability. So if someone is town or scum one game, that has no bearing on what he or she will be next game.

But how many games has Vicious been in? He was in the zombie game and last game. Was he in the first. He's never been scum before, has he? Yes, the roles are supposedly randomly assigned, but I can't be so sure. CTM chose specific roles for people. Would Bleedin do the same? Would Vicious be town 3, or 4 games in a row? It definately can happen, but I'd like to see.

Vote: Vicious

I've tried to apply the same logic to others. To be frank, I'm pissed I haven't really been chosen for mafia throughout all of this. I mean BG has been mafia twice, Doggin, EY, CTM, JVOR, basically any "old JI" guys have been mafia but not I. I haven't publically vented about it to avoid sounding like a bitch but yea, it's annoying.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On slats (aka, the Professor from Gilligin's Island), I'd hold off on voting for him because his deductive reasoning could prove valuable again for the team, aka, the Jets. He's a reasoner (made up word) and not a Pied Piper like EY, so he's not a danger.

However, I did notice the difference as JiF noticed. That is a possible sign of newbie scum. We've seen that before. But, again, he's not as much a threat because he is not a manipulator like EY, CTM, and Doggin.

The thing is, I know that each game has its own probability. So if someone is town or scum one game, that has no bearing on what he or she will be next game.

But how many games has Vicious been in? He was in the zombie game and last game. Was he in the first. He's never been scum before, has he? Yes, the roles are supposedly randomly assigned, but I can't be so sure. CTM chose specific roles for people. Would Bleedin do the same? Would Vicious be town 3, or 4 games in a row? It definately can happen, but I'd like to see.

THis is a good vote me thinks

Yeah, we're all over the place. The first day is really hard. No way to get any real info unless someone slips up in a major way. I hate to cast these votes with nothing at all to back them up. But I guess that's the early game...

Just vote. You can always unvote. THe way to get the game going is to vote and see what happens.

THis is a good vote me thinks

Sigh... You know what. I'm not gonna fight it because I'm ridiculously annoyed with this game. Lynch me and maybe I'll be scum next game. Every game I'm townie. Every game cause I'm active I'm the first grilled. I fight it tooth and nail and always come out on top. You know what, I'm tired of it and I'd rather just be out first and watch the town lose.

Sigh... You know what. I'm not gonna fight it because I'm ridiculously annoyed with this game. Lynch me and maybe I'll be scum next game. Every game I'm townie. Every game cause I'm active I'm the first grilled. I fight it tooth and nail and always come out on top. You know what, I'm tired of it and I'd rather just be out first and watch the town lose.

This game, or mafia in general?

I wanna see if you mean it.

vote: vicious

I've tried to apply the same logic to others. To be frank, I'm pissed I haven't really been chosen for mafia throughout all of this. I mean BG has been mafia twice, Doggin, EY, CTM, JVOR, basically any "old JI" guys have been mafia but not I. I haven't publically vented about it to avoid sounding like a bitch but yea, it's annoying.

Be angry at the Laws of Probability, not at any of the mods. And why even mention that you haven't been mafia yet? Suspicious.

With this game and mafia in general.

Unvote: Slats

Have fun town.

Don't be a douche. Unvote yourself.

ps - this looks like you're trying to get people to unvote you by voting for yourself. Just sayin'.

Be angry at the Laws of Probability, not at any of the mods. And why even mention that you haven't been mafia yet? Suspicious.

Don't be a douche. Unvote yourself.

ps - this looks like you're trying to get people to unvote you by voting for yourself. Just sayin'.

I'd rather be a douche. If I'm gonna be accused of being scum why not play like one. How am I gonna counter this claim?

NO JUST TRUST ME I'M LEGIT

**** it. Every goddamn game it's the same thing. And why not mention it. I haven't been mafia, I got "converted" once but even then I was done in a day. Plus, I don't think it's probability as much as it is favoritism.

What reason do I have to unvote myself? I'd rather watch the town be a bunch of idiots and pile on me and watch them be wrong and watch the town lost. So like I said. **** it. Please tell me how you'd fight this claim.

Vicious, if you are for the town unvote yourself. Right now it looks like you are playing the "i'm going to take my ball home defense" to gain sympathy. Something Pauliec did in a past game if I recall. I'm sorry if you actually feel frustrated, but look at it from our perspective, can we never vote you off because you are pissed that people are doing so? Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast. It's nothing personal, it's just part of the game.

I'd rather be a douche. If I'm gonna be accused of being scum why not play like one. How am I gonna counter this claim?

**** it. Every goddamn game it's the same thing. And why not mention it. I haven't been mafia, I got "converted" once but even then I was done in a day. Plus, I don't think it's probability as much as it is favoritism.

What reason do I have to unvote myself? I'd rather watch the town be a bunch of idiots and pile on me and watch them be wrong and watch the town lost. So like I said. **** it. Please tell me how you'd fight this claim.

lol. The magic words.

Vicious, if you are for the town unvote yourself. Right now it looks like you are playing the "i'm going to take my ball home defense" to gain sympathy. Something Pauliec did in a past game if I recall. I'm sorry if you actually feel frustrated, but look at it from our perspective, can we never vote you off because you are pissed that people are doing so? Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast. It's nothing personal, it's just part of the game.

Fine, whatever.

Unvote: Vicious

I don't think so. Aren't roles mostly randomly assigned? I see nothing even mathematically odd about someone being a townie 3, 4, 5 games in a row.

My goal was to rattle Vic's cage and see if he threw a temper tantrum (which he does when he's innocent) I wasn't seriously commenting on SMC's probability theorem..

This temper tantrum feels a little over the top though..

baby_crying.jpg

My goal was to rattle Vic's cage and see if he threw a temper tantrum (which he does when he's innocent) I wasn't seriously commenting on SMC's probability theorem..

baby_crying.jpg

Blah blah blah. Funny how I always get questioned when your internet star friend EY never does. He's got 4 ****ing posts.

baby_crying.jpg

Oh, gotcha. I do agree that this tantrum was a bit over the top, and the whining about never bring mafia is odd, but I don't think any of it makes Vic scummy. He's just being his usual fancy-boy self. :P

You idiot.

You've been a cop and guy who couldn't get lynched during the day in 2 of your 3 known roles and you're crying about favoritism?

In all the games I've played here and at JI, I've never had a town power role in any of my known roles.. (read: I'm not commenting on this game in which I may or may not have a power role)

Blah blah blah. Funny how I always get questioned when your internet star friend EY never does. He's got 4 ****ing posts.

AS stated, I voted you to focus you and then commented on SMC's vote to see how you'd react. I got the reaction I was hoping for, but it's on steroids..

Chill the F out man!!!! It's just a game..

You idiot.

You've been a cop and guy who couldn't get lynched during the day in 2 of your 3 known roles and you're crying about favoritism?

In all the games I've played here and at JI, I've never had a town power role in any of my known roles.. (read: I'm not commenting on this game in which I may or may not have a power role)

That Bob Dole role was horrendous.

You're right I probably shouldn't complain since I've had "roles." I'd trade those and be roleless to be mafia though.

You idiot.

But you were the co...oh right, thanks douchebag.

He said he'd be on in the afternoons after 4PM. If true to form, he should be in the upper half of posters in this thread by nightfall. I'll be very happy to give him some attention tonight either way.

Oh, gotcha. I do agree that this tantrum was a bit over the top, and the whining about never bring mafia is odd, but I don't think any of it makes Vic scummy. He's just being his usual fancy-boy self. :P

The tantrum/self vote is a little scummy. This early, there's not much else to go on.

AS stated, I voted you to focus you and then commented on SMC's vote to see how you'd react. I got the reaction I was hoping for, but it's on steroids..

Chill the F out man!!!! It's just a game..

I'm just stressed the **** out man. I'm closing on my house next Thursday, and just stressed out about all that, $$, new responsibilities, etc., etc.

Actually if the game lasts that long and I'm alive, I'm saying it now, I will probably be close to not active at all next thurs-sat.

Thursday- closing

Friday- painting

Saturday- moving.

That Bob Dole role was horrendous.

You're right I probably shouldn't complain since I've had "roles." I'd trade those and be roleless to be mafia though.

Would you have rather been fozzy and have a post restriction with absolutely no benefit like I did?

I'm just stressed the **** out man. I'm closing on my house next Thursday, and just stressed out about all that, $$, new responsibilities, etc., etc.

Actually if the game lasts that long and I'm alive, I'm saying it now, I will probably be close to not active at all next thurs-sat.

Thursday- closing

Friday- painting

Saturday- moving.

Good luck dude. I hate moving, I seem to do it every 2 years for work or other..

Thursday- closing

Friday- painting

Saturday- moving.

Wow, that's so wild! We're scheduled to close next Thursday as well. Congrats! :cheers:

Wow, that's so wild! We're scheduled to close next Thursday as well. Congrats! :cheers:

Oh really? Congrats man!

We got a killer deal. Quite frankly I think it's a "forever home" best school district in Oregon (publics) and I can ride my bike to work in 5 mins. Only thing that sucks is it doesn't have a garage... but I'm not really a garage guy.

The only downside to the house is that it is a HORRENDOUS color on the exterior, it's practically pink. I think the previous owner wishes they had been in Florida, it's very tropical.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/14450-SW-Walton-St-Beaverton-OR-97006/48596633_zpid/

He said he'd be on in the afternoons after 4PM. If true to form, he should be in the upper half of posters in this thread by nightfall. I'll be very happy to give him some attention tonight either way.

The tantrum/self vote is a little scummy. This early, there's not much else to go on.

This is the same guy though that role claimed as cop with at L-5... Throwing tantrums is part of his MO and I'm only now wondering if he knew that's why I was provoking him and gave me what I wanted. (If Vic didn't throw a tantrum I'd post a "gotcha!" post ;) ) Seems unlikely. I think as first time scum he'd have tried to play it cooler, but ya never know..

baby_crying.jpg

And my theorum was foolproof as Norway points out. We don't have much to go on in the first day anyway (unless someone wants to pull an Irish). So my reasoning for Vicious is as good as any.

And I, too, wanted to see Vicious' response.

baby_crying.jpg

Well, that certainly makes my head spin. Does Vicious always react in the same way when he's innocent? I'm just very confused about the purpose of voting for oneself. Is the point that he's upset he hasn't been scum yet, so he's joining the scum team by deliberately voting off an innocent (himself)? Or is he really just throwing in the towel on the first day? :confused: In which case, why bother playing this game?

I'm also keeping an eye on Slats ... the one who kept blindly listing people's post counts last game, regardless of post content, yet now has one of the lowest post counts in this thread. If it didn't matter to him last game when people said they were working or provided other explanations for not being able to post so frequently, we're now simply supposed to accept that he woke up late today? However, I will hold off on voting for him for a couple more hours because yesterday was his birthday, which in my opinion is a legitimate excuse for not posting as much. I will be suspicious if the lack of posts continues today, though.

Archived