Lastings Milledge Optioned To Class AAA Syracuse

Lil Bit Special

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2009/04/milledge_optioned_to_class_aaa.html?wprss=nationalsjournal

The Washington Nationals today optioned Lastings Milledge to Class AAA Syracuse, a decision that signals sharp break from the team's commitment to its unreliable but talented center fielder. Just a week ago, the Nationals were counting on Milledge to fill a premier role: He would play center field and bat lead-off. But the 24-year-old's season got off to a troublesome start. He missed a beginning-of-the-year team meeting, misplayed several flyballs, never showed comfort in the field and started off 4-for-24 at the plate.

Just two days ago, Milledge, discussing his slow start, said, "You know you're going to come around. It's just how long it will take and how long they'll keep running you out there and letting you fail. But I know I'm a way better player than what I'm doing now."

Milledge's demotion corresponds with the reemergence of outfielder Elijah Dukes, who slumped in spring training but now has regained his hot bat. Though Washington did not announce a corresponding roster move, Milledge's departure clears room for Dukes to play every day in center field.

More to come on this news soon...

church, schneider > milledge.....

and for the record...i was all for the trade when it happened too. so many people were ready to kill minaya for that trade. why? idk.

Milledge was the Mets' version of Phil Hughes. A can't miss future HOF'er.

I even bought into the hype, hoping he'd be traded to the Sox.

He'll have his work cut out for him in Cuse - he'll have to beat out that can't miss prospect Corey Patterson for a CF slot. And everybody knows he's tracking to be in Cooperstown. That is if they put an A league team there.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2009/04/milledge_optioned_to_class_aaa.html?wprss=nationalsjournal

The Washington Nationals today optioned Lastings Milledge to Class AAA Syracuse, a decision that signals sharp break from the team's commitment to its unreliable but talented center fielder. Just a week ago, the Nationals were counting on Milledge to fill a premier role: He would play center field and bat lead-off. But the 24-year-old's season got off to a troublesome start. He missed a beginning-of-the-year team meeting, misplayed several flyballs, never showed comfort in the field and started off 4-for-24 at the plate.

Just two days ago, Milledge, discussing his slow start, said, "You know you're going to come around. It's just how long it will take and how long they'll keep running you out there and letting you fail. But I know I'm a way better player than what I'm doing now."

:rl:

church, schneider > milledge.....

and for the record...i was all for the trade when it happened too. so many people were ready to kill minaya for that trade. why? idk.

Because they Cubbed it up and sold off Milledge when his value was at an all-time low.

I remember when rumor had it that Rich Hill and Felix Pie would have netted us Adam Dunn. We ended up with Aaron Heilman.

Archived