Dice-K bounced after 1 inning.....

JonEJet

Dice-K had the luckiest season ever last year. I never use the word lucky or unlucky often in baseball, but his WHIP was way to high for someone with an ERA below 3.

BUT...BUT HE'S THE BEST PITCHER ON THE PLANET BESIDES JON LESTER AND JOSH BECKETT

What the hell are they feeding these asian pitchers.

IT'S THE NEW STRAIN OF BIRD FLU CALLED THE KEI IGAWA MUTATION!!!!

You know I have a Kei Igawa bobblehead doll? My brother got it for me as a joke. It's pretty awesome.

Dice-K had the luckiest season ever last year. I never use the word lucky or unlucky often in baseball, but his WHIP was way to high for someone with an ERA below 3.

That guy that had a career year and you just gave 80 million to, AJ, had a higher WHIP and lower ERA. Just sayin'.

Anybody else hate that f**king Dice-K nickname? That is just the pure essence of lame. Good, I hope he goes 2-17 this year, with a 7.00 ERA.

Blame Canada.

Obsessed much JonE? Of course, look at all those threads made by Sox fans when the Yankees performed so poorly. :rolleyes:

Although Dice-K was very awful last night. The bullpen was money until Lopez. Can the Yanks say the same when Wang was ineffective?

he was beyond awful last night

PF --

AJ looked pretty good last night, i'm just saying. :-P

He has looked great this year and that means nothing in regards to the this argument.

I am just illustrating a Skank fan making a weak point about a player's WHIP. When they are giving much man love to AJ and his career is at best....meh.

He has looked great this year and that means nothing in regards to the this argument.

I am just illustrating a Skank fan making a weak point about a player's WHIP. When they are giving much man love to AJ and his career is at best....meh.

Why was he so awful last night? I'm just curious because I've always liked Daisuke. Yea I'll get crushed as a Yankee fan saying that but I was so hard on for this guy and was so angry when we didn't get in on him.

Why was he so awful last night? I'm just curious because I've always liked Daisuke. Yea I'll get crushed as a Yankee fan saying that but I was so hard on for this guy and was so angry when we didn't get in on him.

IMHO he is tired.

I know Japan started their training early. I was a tad alarmed when he threw 84 pitches in game in the WBC and then followed that up with 96. All the while pitchers not there or playing for Japan were moving along their normal pitch count progress.

IMHO he is tired.

I know Japan started their training early. I was a tad alarmed when he threw 84 pitches in game in the WBC and then followed that up with 96. All the while pitchers not there or playing for Japan were moving along their normal pitch count progress.

Maybe it'd behoove Francona to sit him a start or two and just let him throw on the side to guild up some more stamina. Tired arm = no location. Location is key for that guy.

You really want to talk about luck? Check out Wang's peripheral's. Obviously not from this season.

Anybody else hate that f**king Dice-K nickname? That is just the pure essence of lame. Good, I hope he goes 2-17 this year, with a 7.00 ERA.

His name is Daisuke. It's pronounced Dice-K.

I would take Dice-K and Wang any day of the week...Wow...You Yankee fans really do suck when it comes to supporting your players.

Wang has won what? Almost 40 games over the past two years or something like that? And you all are ready to release the man after two bad games here in 09? Sad. What ever happen to the loyal Yankee fans?

Kazmir

Wang

Garza

Dice-K

Shields

With David Price in the Bullpen and guess what? The Rays would have the best rotation in the majors...Hands down.

You really want to talk about luck? Check out Wang's peripheral's. Obviously not from this season.

His name is Daisuke. It's pronounced Dice-K.[/QUOTE]

I understand that, Thor. Some public relations flunkie thought it was cute to put in the bit about a "K" for strikeout. Again, lame.

Maybe it'd behoove Francona to sit him a start or two and just let him throw on the side to guild up some more stamina. Tired arm = no location. Location is key for that guy.

I agree and that is a problem when he is healthy.

Send him to the DL. Bring up Bucholz or Smoltz.

I am guessing they would bring up Bucholz. Is Smoltz even ready to pitch yet?

I think the Red Sox only have Smoltz to help work with and mentor the younger pitchers because the man is DONE @ the big league level.

As a Rays fan, I would LOVE for the Red Sox to call up Smoltz and bring down Dice-K...That would only weaken the rotation of the Red Sox.

Wang's ERA and WHIP are on par with each other. He gets a lot wins because the Yankees always scored runs for him, but his actual pitching numbers aren't lucky, there what there suppose to be.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2009/04/matsuzaka_goes.html

The Red Sox have placed Daisuke Matsuzaka on the 15-day disabled list with a tired shoulder and recalled lefthanded reliever Hunter Jones from Pawtucket.

The news hardly comes as a surprise after Matsuzaka's alarmingly ineffective performance Tuesday night during the Red Sox' 6-5 12-inning loss to the host Oakland A's. Matsuzaka recorded just three outs and threw just 22 of his 43 pitches for strikes in his second start of the season. After the Sox staked him to a 3-0 lead in the top of this inning, he allowed five hits, two walks and five runs in the bottom half, facing 10 batters.

After the game, the club said that Matsuzaka, who was the Most Valuable Player of the World Baseball Classic this spring while pitching Japan to its second title, was suffering from "arm fatigue." He will be examined by Dr. Thomas Gill, the club's team doctor, on Friday.

In two starts this season, Matsuzaka is 0-1 with a 12.79 ERA. In 6.1 innings, he has allowed 14 hits, five walks, three home runs, and nine earned runs while striking out five. Red Sox manager Terry Francona indicated earlier today during a radio interview that the team believes Matsuzaka's issues stem from trying to do too much too soon in preparation for the World Baseball Classic.

Jones, a 6-foot-4-inch, 240-pound southpaw, is en route to Oakland, and the Sox are hoping the 25-year-old arrives before or during the game since their bullpen was depleted last night. Justin Masterson, Manny Delcarmen, Ramon Ramirez, Hideki Okajima, and Jonathan Papelbon combined to pitch 10 scoreless relief innings Tuesday night before Javier Lopez suffered the loss in the 12th inning.

It is uncertain for now who will take Matsuzaka's next turn in the rotation, though Masterson, who struck out six in four innings last night, would seem to to be the best bet. It also may be dependent on the status of Josh Beckett, who is appealing his six-game suspension -- one start -- for nearly hitting the Angels' Bobby Abreu with a pitch Sunday.

Archived