My 3 rnd jets mock (tell me if you approve)

TNJet

1st rnd:Peria Jerry DT/DE Mississippi- At 6-2 300lbs. Makes the transition easy to 3-4 DE. Speed and power off the edge.

2nd rnd:Brian Robiskie WR Ohio St.- 6-2 wr with great hands. Played against good cb play in big 10.

3rd rnd:Rashad Jennings RB Liberty- 6-1 230 lb powerback with the ability to make you miss. A great successor and compliment to Leon whenever Jones leaves.

I would be thrilled with these guys being our top 3 players picked. You??

1st rnd:Peria Jerry DT/DE Mississippi- At 6-2 300lbs. Makes the transition easy to 3-4 DE. Speed and power off the edge.

2nd rnd:Brian Robiskie WR Ohio St.- 6-2 wr with great hands. Played against good cb play in big 10.

3rd rnd:Rashad Jennings RB Liberty- 6-1 230 lb powerback with the ability to make you miss. A great successor and compliment to Leon whenever Jones leaves.

I would be thrilled with these guys being our top 3 players picked. You??

I'm big on Jennings but I think Robiskie is going to be a 2nd receiver so I'd rather take a WR with the first and get a DE with our 2nd or 3rd. If we get a DE with our 1st it should be Jackson.

Peria Jerry was double teamed at all times at Ole Miss. He spent time at DE,and DT, and was always unblockable. What makes me love this guy is his motor. Also the fact that they wont be able to double both Jenkins and Jerry,thus resulting in a terror to be reckoned with. Be prepared jetsfans, Ryan will ad defensive depth at 17 whether it be Jackson,Raji,Brace,or Jerry. Wr will come later. :)

Peria Jerry is not a fit for this defense. He's like a Drob type of prospect physically... sec guy with good production and a spotty injury history. I like him as a leader but not for this defense. He's gotta play in an Eagles style rotation or Tampa 2.

I'll take Bit's word on Perry, he's a fan of Ole Miss. And by all other accounts Perry's a 4-3 guy as well. Swap out Tyson Jackson if he's there and we have another anchor in the 3-4 Dline.

Robiskie I LOVE. If we can get him we are in great shape. He has all the tools to be a #1 WR. Anyone who thinks he has no deep ball ability isn't paying attention. He made plays consistently down the field for OSU. Moreso than Teddy Ginn. Also his maturity, drive and determination is rare among WRs.

Jennings I like, but I like all the RBs this year. Deep class. If we were able to hold out and get him or Andre Brown or Shonn Greene in the 3rd I'd be happy. Even more happy if they were there in the 4th.

Swap out Tyson Jackson if he's there and we have another anchor in the 3-4 Dline.

Robiskie I LOVE. If we can get him we are in great shape.

Unfortunately the chance of getting Jackson at 17 and Robiskie at 52 is basically zero. Jerry is a bad fit and Jennings seems like a nobody.

The 2nd and 3rd round picks are pretty solid, especially the 3rd rounder, and I wouldn't have problems with those.

IMO the 1st rounder isn't a good fit at all. He has the size to play DE but nothing about his strengths and weaknesses says 3-4 DE. He's very explosive and can get into the backfield but he's not very strong or stout at the POA and doesn't play with good leverage. He can learn to be effective but he'll have to overcome to much and I don't think its worth it. Plus putting him at that position would be hindering what he does well, to an extent. I don't like putting prospects in a position to fail right off the bat. It's better when you can have them play to their strengths early on. The only thing that makes it some what make sense is that Ryan's scheme is more of a hybrid 3-4 and I guess he'd provide good versatility. Still to much of a risk though and I don't think his value would be so much better than anyone else at 17.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived