New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies @ Yankee Stadium

PS17

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, just got home from the game. Sat in field level in 5 rows up in right field. Great seats. Only problem was I couldn't see the big screen and couldn't see the TVs as I was 1 row past them. There were tons of Philly fans there. And Swisher can not hit to save his life.

i just read that yankee stadium is yielding 3.9 homeruns/game, by far the worst in the league with the next closest being citizens bank at 3.1. that's a damn shame. what a waste of what looks like a nice ballpark......

I'm starting to think it's like a waste too. It's a damn shame, all these fcking home runs.

I'm starting to think it's like a waste too. It's a damn shame, all these fcking home runs.

if they don't do something about it they might find it hard to get pitchers to want to come play there. i know if i was a pitcher i wouldn't want to pitch at the worst bandbox in the league.

if they don't do something about it they might find it hard to get pitchers to want to come play there. i know if i was a pitcher i wouldn't want to pitch at the worst bandbox in the league.

Plus, it really takes away from the home runs hit. I think home runs being hit is the most special and amazing part of baseball, and it's really not special when someone hits a hr at this stadium. I don't know how this is correctible, however.

Overreact much? These things are simple to fix and isn't rocket science. You can bet that they'll address these problems in the offseason. I mean, Fenway was a bandbox when it first opened and now it's the park where it's hardest to hit home runs. Same with Coors, same with CBP.

Let's give it some time before we start jumping off a bridge.

Overreact much? These things are simple to fix and isn't rocket science. You can bet that they'll address these problems in the offseason. I mean, Fenway was a bandbox when it first opened and now it's the park where it's hardest to hit home runs. Same with Coors, same with CBP.

Let's give it some time before we start jumping off a bridge.

How is this simple to "fix"? What are they gonna do, make artificial wind currents?

How is this simple to "fix"? What are they gonna do, make artificial wind currents?

They can bring in engineers to figure out what to do about the wind currents. I've heard that the old Stadium might be affecting the currents in the new one. Once they tear it down it will make the wind currents less of a factor.

Do you think that there is anything wrong? Cause I really do.

There is nothing wrong. Noone copmplains when the Yanks hit homeruns, its when the other teams hit homeruns people bring up an "issue". The Stadium is fine. Noone is complaining that there is something wrong with Citi Field because hardly any homeruns are being hit there. People are just overreacting.

There is nothing wrong. Noone copmplains when the Yanks hit homeruns, its when the other teams hit homeruns people bring up an "issue". The Stadium is fine. Noone is complaining that there is something wrong with Citi Field because hardly any homeruns are being hit there. People are just overreacting.

hey if you want your team to play half their games in the worst bandbox in ther league...then that's your prerogative....but it's damn stupid if you ask me. who wants games decided by cheap homeruns that would be easy outs in almost every other stadium in the league? there is something seriously wrong when your stadium is yielding 4 home runs per game. it's a joke, imo. no one complains about citi field because the ball park is not giving up cheap pop-fly homeruns. you actually have to hit a homerun to get a homerun there. besides.....it's not even the hardest park to hit a homerun in anyway. stop being such a homer and ready to suck the dick of anything yankee. there will be something done about it, imo. of course ownership isn't going to come out and say yeah we built a billion dollar launching pad for a stadium.

Archived