**** Official Hockey East 2009-2010 Season Thread ****

Gainzo

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
funny... I see Massachusetts at the top and Lowell following in the shadows... like they always do to the flagship...

:box:

saturday is still up in the air....

Is it Massachusetts or UMass? Either way it's a fraud of a hockey team :box:

Send me a text on Saturday if you are around.

Upcoming games...........

Thursday, November 19

UMass at Yale 4-3 UMass

Friday, November 20

BC at Maine 4-3 BC

BU at UNH 4-2 UNH

Providence at Northeastern 4-1 NU

Saturday, November 21

Merrimack at Lowell

BC at Maine

UNH at BU (NESN)

Northeastern at Providence

Tuesday, November 24

Lowell at Providence

UMass at Vermont

BU at Harvard

Will be interesting to see how UMass does against Yale on the road.

Standings after Fri nite:

1. UNH- 9pts

2. UMass- 8pts

t3. Lowell- 7pts

t3. BC- 7pts

t3. VT- 7pts

t6. Merrimack 6pts

t6. Maine- 6pts

t6. NU- 6pts

9. BU- 4pts

10. Providence- 2pts

1. UNH- 9pts

2. UMass- 8pts

t3. Lowell- 7pts

t3. BC- 7pts

t3. VT- 7pts

t6. Merrimack 6pts

t6. Maine- 6pts

t6. NU- 6pts

9. BU- 4pts

10. Providence- 2pts

This year is shaping up to be one of the most competitive in the history of Hockey East.

1. UNH- 9pts

2. UMass- 8pts

t3. Lowell- 7pts

t3. BC- 7pts

t3. VT- 7pts

t6. Merrimack 6pts

t6. Maine- 6pts

t6. NU- 6pts

9. BU- 4pts

10. Providence- 2pts

Guess I should wait until the next morning to update standings since hockeyeastonline didnt do it all last night.

t1. UNH- 9pts (7 games played)

t1. BC- 9pts (8 gp)

3. UMass- 8pts (6gp)

t4. Lowell- 7pts (5gp)

t4. VT- 7pts (7gp)

t6. Merrimack- 6pts (5gp)

t6. Maine- 6pts (7gp)

t6. Northeastern- 6pts (7gp)

9. BU- 4pts (8gp)

10. Providence- 2pts (4gp)

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2009/11/20_bennetts.php

The old adage says, if you love it, let it go -- if it returns it's yours forever. The college hockey world must have some serious emotions for Brett Bennett.

The junior goalie, in his first year at Wisconsin, is making a solid, if not yet loud comeback after splashing his way onto the scene at Boston University three years ago. As a highly-touted recruit out of the USNTDP, Bennett posted 16 wins to go with a 2.63 goals against and a less-than-sparkling .888 save percentage after seizing the starting job during his sophomore year for the Terriers. While a successful goalie isn't anything out of the norm on Comm. Ave, the next chapter in Bennett's story took a detour.

Following the 2007-08 season, BU issued a statement, saying the team and Bennett were going separate ways; a college hockey divorce, so to speak. BU simply needed better goaltending if it were to compete for a national title -- which it did -- but this also intensified whispers in the community about an attitude problem and clashes beween Bennett and the coaching staff. Whether or not the rumors were true, Bennett refuses to get into specifics about what led to ties being cut.

"Boston is a great place," he said. "I enjoyed my time there; I played for a great coach in a great school, great city. It was an unfortunate situation."

So why not just go pro? Selected by Phoenix in the fifth round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, the thought certainly had to cross Bennett's mind, at least briefly.

"It wasn't really an option," he says. "I had to get things together with my game and with my life."

So he took both to the Indiana Ice of the USHL, and put his game under the tutelage of coach Jeff Blashill, who was in his first year after leaving Miami, where he was an assistant under Enrico Blasi. Blashill helped pioneer some changes.

"It's nice when your head coach used to be a goalie," Bennett laughs. "He taught me good work habits, focus

Lowell laid an egg in Providence last night losing 4-2 while the "Mass Attack" :rl: kept up their good play by crushing UVM 6-2 in Burlington.

In news that doesn't count BU beat Harvard 5-4 in OT.

Current Hockey East standings:

UMass - 10 points (7 games played)

UNH - 10 points (8 games played)

BC - 10 points (9 games played)

Lowell - 9 points (7 games played)

Maine - 7 points (8 games played)

Northeastern - 7 points (8 games played)

UVM - 7 points (8 games played)

Merrimack - 6 points (6 games played)

Providence - 5 points (6 games played)

BU - 5 points (9 games played) :bwahaharoll:

This weekends games:

Friday, November 27

Maine at Lowell

Vermont at Northeastern

Clarkson at BC

Providence at Dartmouth

Saturday, November 28

UNH at Merrimack

UMass at Quinnipiac (NESN)

St. Lawrence vs Maine

BU vs Cornell at Madison Square Garden

Monday, November 30

Yale at Vermont

You are going to the Cornell/BU game? Excellent stuff.

Yep. I'll try and find the bastard that wears the hot dog to all BU games and make fun of him.

I went to Iona College vs BU basketball at Iona...the five or six fans that came from Boston were getting abused by those guidos. Pretty funny. Iona won easy. Like the last time I saw them play, when they won easy against North Carolina. :eek:

You are going to the Cornell/BU game? Excellent stuff.

Yep. I'll try and find the bastard that wears the hot dog to all BU games and make fun of him.

I went to Iona College vs BU basketball at Iona...the five or six fans that came from Boston were getting abused by those guidos. Pretty funny. Iona won easy. Like the last time I saw them play, when they won easy against North Carolina. :eek:

Iona vs. UNC - was that in the Garden like 7 years ago? When UNC sucked? I think I was at that game. lol

Iona vs. UNC - was that in the Garden like 7 years ago? When UNC sucked? I think I was at that game. lol

Yeah, two days after Christmas, 7 years ago in the Garden. UNC was ranked at the time...what a difference between Doherty and Roy Williams.

To think that Iona College team beat a team with six future NBA players on it. :eek:

Yeah, two days after Christmas, 7 years ago in the Garden. UNC was ranked at the time...what a difference between Doherty and Roy Williams.

To think that Iona College team beat a team with six future NBA players on it. :eek:

Latest USCHO.com poll is out. Lowell tumbles five spots to #8 while UMass moves up one spot to #9.

Only four Hockey East teams remain.

1. Miami

2. Denver

3. North Dakota

4. Quinnipiac

5. Bemidji State

6. Colorado College

7. Cornell

8. Lowell

9. UMass

10. Yale

11. Michigan State

12. Alaska

13. Minnesota-Duluth

14. Notre Dame

15. Boston College

16. Wisconsin

17. Ferris State

18. Nebraska-Omaha

19. UVM

20. St. Cloud State

Latest USCHO.com poll is out. Lowell tumbles five spots to #8 while UMass moves up one spot to #9.

Only four Hockey East teams remain.

1. Miami

2. Denver

3. North Dakota

4. Quinnipiac

5. Bemidji State

6. Colorado College

7. Cornell

8. Lowell

9. UMass

10. Yale

11. Michigan State

12. Alaska

13. Minnesota-Duluth

14. Notre Dame

15. Boston College

16. Wisconsin

17. Ferris State

18. Nebraska-Omaha

19. UVM

20. St. Cloud State

9th? Please. The "Mass Attack" is nowhere near a top 10 team.

Guess we'll find out this weekend when they play BC in Amherst and Lowell in the Tsongas.

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/120109aab.html

AMHERST, Mass. - UMass junior goaltender Paul Dainton has been named the Hockey East Goaltender of the Month for November, as announced by the conference on Tuesday. Dainton sports a 7-3-0 record with a 2.48 goals against average and a .925 save percentage so far this season. Dainton and the Minutemen will return home for Operation 8K against No. 15 Boston College on Friday at 7 PM from the Mullins Center.

During November, Dainton posted a 3-2-0 record with four starts. In five appearances, the Genelle, British Columbia native boasted a 2.55 goals against average, a .922 save percentage, and allowed two goals or less in three of his five games. In UMass' 4-3 overtime win over New Hampshire on November 13, Dainton made a career high 42 saves. He averaged 28.4 saves per game for the month.

Nationally, Dainton ranks 16th with his .925 save percentage, while his .700 winning percentage is 13th best in the country. In Hockey East, his save percentage is third in the conference and goals against average (2.48 gaa) ranks second only to Alex Beaudry of Providence.

Dainton and the Mass Attack will be back in action this weekend to host Boston College before traveling to Lowell to faceoff against sister school No. 8 UMass-Lowell at Tsongas Arena.

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/120109aab.html

AMHERST, Mass. - UMass junior goaltender Paul Dainton has been named the Hockey East Goaltender of the Month for November, as announced by the conference on Tuesday. Dainton sports a 7-3-0 record with a 2.48 goals against average and a .925 save percentage so far this season. Dainton and the Minutemen will return home for Operation 8K against No. 15 Boston College on Friday at 7 PM from the Mullins Center.

During November, Dainton posted a 3-2-0 record with four starts. In five appearances, the Genelle, British Columbia native boasted a 2.55 goals against average, a .922 save percentage, and allowed two goals or less in three of his five games. In UMass' 4-3 overtime win over New Hampshire on November 13, Dainton made a career high 42 saves. He averaged 28.4 saves per game for the month.

Nationally, Dainton ranks 16th with his .925 save percentage, while his .700 winning percentage is 13th best in the country. In Hockey East, his save percentage is third in the conference and goals against average (2.48 gaa) ranks second only to Alex Beaudry of Providence.

Dainton and the Mass Attack will be back in action this weekend to host Boston College before traveling to Lowell to faceoff against sister school No. 8 UMass-Lowell at Tsongas Arena.

WTF is that?

Archived