New York Mets @ New York Yankees [ Yankee Stadium] Game Thread

Vudu

13-run lead and with our bullpen, the outcome of this game is still in question.

I still can't get over how we gave Thursday night's game to the Red Sox.

Same here, to me that was the first time I truly believed that the Red Sox completely own us. Yea they've beaten us in the other games but they've been close for the most part... but to give up a lead like that, again. Ugh.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Met team is put together with spit and glue....they need some reinforcements fast.

I still say they are one of the best teams in the NL. You figure the Dodgers and Phillies are better...maybe the Cardinals...but then you get into the central and west and I really can't say definitively that those teams are better.

Are the Brewers, Reds, or Giants really better than the Mets..I don't think so.

They need some help and a hot streak or two, the problem is, with how they are constructed, hot streaks are not easy to come by.

Yankees on the other hand got a gift Friday and really showed up so far today, AJ holding it down would be a big help. No more walks with a 13-0 lead.

Red Sox are showing they are the best team in baseball, with the Phillies close behind....but then you have the Yankees and Dodgers really as the three four of baseball.

Again, I can't sit here and say the Rangers, Tigers, Twins, or Angels are really better than the Yankees.

This Met team is put together with spit and glue....they need some reinforcements fast.

I still say they are one of the best teams in the NL. You figure the Dodgers and Phillies are better...maybe the Cardinals...but then you get into the central and west and I really can't say definitively that those teams are better.

Are the Brewers, Reds, or Giants really better than the Mets..I don't think so.

They need some help and a hot streak or two, the problem is, with how they are constructed, hot streaks are not easy to come by.

Yankees on the other hand got a gift Friday and really showed up so far today, AJ holding it down would be a big help. No more walks with a 13-0 lead.

Red Sox are showing they are the best team in baseball, with the Phillies close behind....but then you have the Yankees and Dodgers really as the three four of baseball.

Again, I can't sit here and say the Rangers, Tigers, Twins, or Angels are really better than the Yankees.

Regardless, this Mets team is the same one that was a routine pop up away from taking 2/3 from the Yanks. I think for a AAA team you guys are hanging tough with the WORLD CHAMPS, who have gotten dismantled by the Redsux

Regardless, this Mets team is the same one that was a routine pop up away from taking 2/3 from the Yanks. I think for a AAA team you guys are hanging tough with the WORLD CHAMPS.

I am a yankee fan

this Met team is playing hard, and they ran into a slumping Yankee team...with a crappy bullpen.

Yanks are a sleeping giant, they can explode for offense like this, the Mets got a great game yesterday, but it is obvious the Yanks are slumping, I mean, they couldn't hit freakin' Brad Penny.

I am a yankee fan

this Met team is playing hard, and they ran into a slumping Yankee team...with a crappy bullpen.

Yanks are a sleeping giant, they can explode for offense like this, the Mets got a great game yesterday, but it is obvious the Yanks are slumping, I mean, they couldn't hit freakin' Brad Penny.

Sorry my mistake.

I just think the METS should be significantly worse than they are right now, seeing that they are riddled with injuries and have a bunch of AA/AAA guys omn their roster.

Sorry my mistake.

I just think the METS should be significantly worse than they are right now, seeing that they are riddled with injuries and have a bunch of AA/AAA guys omn their roster.

I agree..they are playing very hard right now to stay where they are, no one could blame them if they slipped to third place...but they are playing big against the good teams...the problem is with this type of team they can't stay consistent...they need to go on a 7 out of 10 run and not win one, lose two, win two lose two....Jerry has to bite the bullet and keep Church in the line-up.

F-mart is way overmatched right now and needs to be replaced.

Congrats to the Yanks on this weekends win -- we will get you back in our house in a week or 2 -

an embarassing butt kicking today but if the sox win we are only 3 out -- as well as the Yanks

long way to go people -- keep the faith

as hard as it seems

I'm enjoying watching this Yankees team the most since the 2001 team...I like Joe Girardi's style of baseball and I REALLY like that we have a great 1st baseman again....best one since Tino's best seasons here

I'm enjoying watching this Yankees team the most since the 2001 team...I like Joe Girardi's style of baseball and I REALLY like that we have a great 1st baseman again....best one since Tino's best seasons here

I like Girardi too, but I hate the way he manages or should I say overmanages the bullpen. Thats my only problem with him.

Regardless, this Mets team is the same one that was a routine pop up away from taking 2/3 from the Yanks. I think for a AAA team you guys are hanging tough with the WORLD CHAMPS, who have gotten dismantled by the Redsux

Yeah like when they swept your Skankees last week. :P

Nice inning of work there from Hughes.

Hopefully the Phils beat the Mets and we're only 2 back going into play against the Nats.

Phils are up big against the Sux.

11-6 in the 8th last time I checked.

Yankees basically blew this series now, they couldn't hit that bum that the Mets threw out their today, they're definitely not going to hit Johan tomorrow. Mind as well, just give the Mets the win, and not even bother playing tomorrow, because A.J. Burnett, like I said, is turning into clones of Vazquez, Johnson, Weaver, Pavano, and so on...

Another fine example of your team support. Nothing like being postive. :P Talk about hysterical.

Another fine example of your team support. Nothing like being postive. :P Talk about hysterical.

How exactly am I not the only Yankee fan who probably thought this? Seriously, you don't hit the bum that the Mets had out there yesterday. It's highly unlikely that this team would have hit one of the best pitchers in the game, today. It's common sense, really. The Yankees basically got lucky that Johan looked liked Sidney Ponson.

That wasn't really directed to you, I know you'd be one that would come back. There was more then just the 3 of you guys yesterday though.

:rl::rl::rl: Says the man who's been gone from the NBA Finals thread during games. They're your team as long as they're winning right ? :rl:

:rl::rl::rl: Says the man who's been gone from the NBA Finals thread during games. They're your team as long as they're winning right ? :rl:

You do know the Magic won 21 games a couple of seasons ago, right? I sat through that entire season, upset, because I didn't think we were that bad, but they were. You also know I'm a Jets fan, right? What success have they exactly had? Two of my three sports teams aren't anything special. So where do you get it that I only am fans of a team when they're winning?

How exactly am I not the only Yankee fan who probably thought this? Seriously, you don't hit the bum that the Mets had out there yesterday. It's highly unlikely that this team would have hit one of the best pitchers in the game, today. It's common sense, really. The Yankees basically got lucky that Johan looked liked Sidney Ponson.

You always give up BEFORE the games even played. As they say "that's why they play the game" .

Archived