Pizza Hut to be just "The Hut"

LoneStarLady

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/pizza-hut-changes-its-name.aspx?GT1=33009

Pizza Hut to change its name?

The iconic restaurant chain is reportedly set to slice pizza from its name in a bid to spice up its image.

[Related content: food and beverage, investing strategy, economy, recession, Yum Brands]

By Catherine HolahanMSN Money

Blame recession cuts. Pizza Hut reportedly is slicing the "pizza" from its name. The fast food chain will now be known simply as "The Hut."

The chain, which has recently expanded its menu beyond pizza to include pasta, could not immediately be reached for comment Friday. Media and advertising trade publication MediaWeek characterized the name change as an attempt to transform its stores into hip hangouts. There are more than 10,000 Pizza Huts worldwide.

---------

Okay, first of all, The Hut does not sound like a place for appetizing food. But a "hip hangout"? Are you frickin kidding me? Hey, hey, let's all hang out at "the place formerly known as Pizza Hut"!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/pizza-hut-changes-its-name.aspx?GT1=33009

Pizza Hut to change its name?

The iconic restaurant chain is reportedly set to slice pizza from its name in a bid to spice up its image.

[Related content: food and beverage, investing strategy, economy, recession, Yum Brands]

By Catherine HolahanMSN Money

Blame recession cuts. Pizza Hut reportedly is slicing the "pizza" from its name. The fast food chain will now be known simply as "The Hut."

The chain, which has recently expanded its menu beyond pizza to include pasta, could not immediately be reached for comment Friday. Media and advertising trade publication MediaWeek characterized the name change as an attempt to transform its stores into hip hangouts. There are more than 10,000 Pizza Huts worldwide.

---------

Okay, first of all, The Hut does not sound like a place for appetizing food. But a "hip hangout"? Are you frickin kidding me? Hey, hey, let's all hang out at "the place formerly known as Pizza Hut"!

Makes sense to me, I don't consider pizza from piza hut to be pizza, it is its own thing, kind of like i don't consider mcdonalds to be a burger, i consider it mcdonalds as its own thing.

This is NOT pizza, the sausage looks like rabbit s##t

five_square_inch_slice_of_pizza_from_pizza_hut.jpg

THIS is pizza

SG08.x600.Eatout.3.jpg

Even though california is my home I also consider Staten Island to be my hometown since I spent a little over a year there as a teenager and thats how I became a Jets fan, that bieng said Pizza on Staten Island was better than the ones in manhattan or brooklyn. But then again I only lived in Newyork for only, little over a year.

Even though california is my home I also consider Staten Island to be my hometown since I spent a little over a year there as a teenager and thats how I became a Jets fan, that bieng said Pizza on Staten Island was better than the ones in manhattan or brooklyn. But then again I only lived in Newyork for only, little over a year.

here is the way I see it. Staten island doesn't have the absolute best pizza, but I think the average slice if you were to just randomly pick a place it is the best of the boroughs. I would say that manhattan may have some of the best in luzzo's and una napolatana, their average pizza is the worst of the boroughs. Too many crap midtown places with Indians and mexicans making crap pizza.

here is the way I see it. Staten island doesn't have the absolute best pizza, but I think the average slice if you were to just randomly pick a place it is the best of the boroughs. I would say that manhattan may have some of the best in luzzo's and una napolatana, their average pizza is the worst of the boroughs. Too many crap midtown places with Indians and mexicans making crap pizza.

Also, the average Manhattan slice is way more expensive than the other borough's average slices.

Yeah, but I don't know any local places that do that.

It's either a deli, or a pizza place. I haven't seen any local venues that have combined the two. Methinks either the subs or the pizza will suck if that were the case.

Next time you come to Boston to visit your sister, may I suggest you take a walk around Allston/Brighton (the BU area) and look at all the PIZZA/SUB joints. Maybe it's a New England thing - but a lot of the sub shops have pizza and vice versa. In my neighborhood alone there are at least six of them. Pizza places that have subs (and wings, fries, etc) and sub shops that have pizza, pasta, etc. The places that do not are the Subways and the Quiznos. Speaking of which, why would anyone ever go to a Subway?

I'm sure there are a few places in manhattan that are the best. I bet there are one or two places in California and Arizo that are pretty good too. But I've eaten at pretty much all the pizza places on staten Island and there all really good if not the best. When I was living there a slice would go for $2-$3 and bieng a highschool student then with not a lot of money to spare I was able to survive without my mother's cooking for quite a while (I was living with my Dad alone). There was a pizza place right by the Mall and for $5 you could get a sandwich, which was basically pizza dough that was rolled like a hot pocket and it would have cheese, sauce, and toppings of your choice in it. I absolutely loved my time in Staten Island. Plus a lot of Korean chicks as well. :-P

I'm with Joebaby... that's not sausage, I call them pig balls.

Honestly, while I'm a native Long Islander and love their pizza, I have to admit that the best pizza I've ever had was from Regina's in the North End of Boston. Thin crust, perfectly done.... it was pizza nirvana

I'm sure there are a few places in manhattan that are the best. I bet there are one or two places in California and Arizo that are pretty good too. But I've eaten at pretty much all the pizza places on staten Island and there all really good if not the best. When I was living there a slice would go for $2-$3 and bieng a highschool student then with not a lot of money to spare I was able to survive without my mother's cooking for quite a while (I was living with my Dad alone).

I'd actually consider that expensive for that time. My brother grew up over here in Yonkers and he's 20 right now--during his teens a slice of pizza was 75 cents to a dollar. I remember because as a kid we used to get pissed off at our dbag principal who kept raising the prices to make herself more money. Sadly, with the dough prices as is the best deal I can find is a huge slice at a local place for $2.50. Still a good deal.

There was a pizza place right by the Mall and for $5 you could get a sandwich, which was basically pizza dough that was rolled like a hot pocket and it would have cheese, sauce, and toppings of your choice in it. I absolutely loved my time in Staten Island. Plus a lot of Korean chicks as well. :-P

Isn't that just a Calzone? (By the way, if anyone's near NY and they're getting on the one train Bronx side--awesome chicken calzones by there.)

Next time you come to Boston to visit your sister, may I suggest you take a walk around Allston/Brighton (the BU area) and look at all the PIZZA/SUB joints. Maybe it's a New England thing - but a lot of the sub shops have pizza and vice versa. In my neighborhood alone there are at least six of them. Pizza places that have subs (and wings, fries, etc) and sub shops that have pizza, pasta, etc. The places that do not are the Subways and the Quiznos. Speaking of which, why would anyone ever go to a Subway?

As per Subway: If I was in the Midwest or some scarcely populated area without anyone's guidance on what to eat I'd probably go with Subway over a local deli. Although when you know the surroundings delis own Subway in taste and value, I don't like taking that chance in a place I'm never going to visit again. Plus, I like their sugar cookies. :gfight:

I guess it's a New England thing; I've observed the opposite (where only Subway and Quizno's do both). I know a ton of pizza places that make wings and pasta, but only the more "restauranty" places seem to do subs near me--and even then, it's only hero's with the same stuff you'd get on your pizza, like chicken parm heros.

I'd actually consider that expensive for that time. My brother grew up over here in Yonkers and he's 20 right now--during his teens a slice of pizza was 75 cents to a dollar. I remember because as a kid we used to get pissed off at our dbag principal who kept raising the prices to make herself more money. Sadly, with the dough prices as is the best deal I can find is a huge slice at a local place for $2.50. Still a good deal.

Isn't that just a Calzone? (By the way, if anyone's near NY and they're getting on the one train Bronx side--awesome chicken calzones by there.)

I am not a new yorker and so have limited knowledge in that department. About calzones, could be??? my memory is pretty vague I was 16 or 17 at that point. I think I'm talking about 2000, 2001 year

Yeah, but I don't know any local places that do that.

It's either a deli, or a pizza place. I haven't seen any local venues that have combined the two. Methinks either the subs or the pizza will suck if that were the case.

You need to get out more.

You know what "the hut" should do? They should try and clean up their restaurants. You ever go there? They are always disgusting.

But hey, a name change works wonders I guess.

yup. You get some douche who owns 10 franchises and because these places run on autopilot you get teenagers running the place and the owner never steps in to run the place. They are all gross, greasy, and smell like a bathroom.

alk I can say with 100% certainty that you have never truly experienced pizza.

And I can say with 100% certainty that you're wrong. That would be a real pizza if it had some slices of pepperoni or some freakin' italian sausage or something. Cheese pizza is teh suck.

Well, duh. He lives in the Kansas/Nebraska area. We need to get Alk out to NJ/NY or Chicago. :yes:

Yes and there are no NYers that move to the Midwest who know something about making a pizza. Maybe it's the stagnant NY air that seperates the two. Who knows.

chicago pizza can go f@@k itself

Eh, if you have to put a #2 to NJ/NY style, its Chicago.

Everyone else has crap. They are lucky if they find someone who moves out from NJ/NY and starts their own business.

Have you ever tried eating pizza in California? Oh my god what a disaster.

Everyone else has crap. They are lucky if they find someone who moves out from NJ/NY and starts their own business.

It happens more than you think. Hell, we have two different restaurants that I know of where the owner came straight from NY. Both places have excellent pizza.

Archived