Vince Carter to Magic?

MagicBizkit87

I agree, however, Lee did a lot of dirty work throughout the playoffs. Sticking teams best players.

I don't think Orlando will be a better defensive team. I think people underrate Tony Battie's defensive ability.

Well if we get someone like Rasheed, or keep Gortat with us, and have them play key minutes the defense will still be very good.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Believe it or not, I think the Nets can compete for a playoff spot in about two years.

Devin Harris, Courtney Lee, and Brook Lopez. They need to acquire someone else, tho. I like their youth.

I like it too. :cheers:

This is the East, every team in the entire east has a chance to make the playoffs. You have the likes of

Orlando

Boston

Cleveland

then you have the teams like this:

Atlanta

Miami

Chicago

then you have the lower seeded teams that could make it, like:

Pistons

Sixers

Raptors

Wizards

Nets

Knicks

Charlotte

I think any of those bottom seeds could fill out the 7th, and 8th positions with those 6 above them ahead in the standings.

This is the East, every team in the entire east has a chance to make the playoffs. You have the likes of

Orlando

Boston

Cleveland

then you have the teams like this:

Atlanta

Miami

Chicago

then you have the lower seeded teams that could make it, like:

Pistons

Sixers

Raptors

Wizards

Nets

Knicks

Charlotte

I think any of those bottom seeds could fill out the 7th, and 8th positions with those 6 above them ahead in the standings.

Pacers

Its clear they're not trying to put a winning product on the court, its all about $$$. Im done wasting my time watching them.

yeah but they are only a year away from all the big FAs. I can live w/ another crappy year as long as a)they don't get Redick in return and b)they don't draft that goon Gerald Henderson.

yeah but they are only a year away from all the big FAs. I can live w/ another crappy year as long as a)they don't get Redick in return and b)they don't draft that goon Gerald Henderson.

Yup. It was time for Carter to go, anyway. I just want no part of Redick.

It's no coincidence that the teams he's on always suck.

He's been on only two teams. Lol

The Nets made the playoffs with him and Kidd before. I think they lost to the Miami Heat, who ended up winning it all that year.

On those teams he was on before, he was supposed to be the #1 option of those teams. He's most likely not the #1, or #2 option for this Orlando Magic team. He might be the #3, or #4 option... lol

It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts.

On those teams he was on before, he was supposed to be the #1 option of those teams. He's most likely not the #1, or #2 option for this Orlando Magic team. He might be the #3, or #4 option... lol

He is the #2 option.

Jameer Nelson is a PG.

It will be Howard first, Carter second.

He is the #2 option.

Jameer Nelson is a PG.

It will be Howard first, Carter second.

I would call him the third option, behind Jameer, and Howard. When everyone was healthy last year it was Jameer, and Howard, and I don't really see it changing. Carter is probably a little better then Turkolgu, but this is still Jameer, and Dwight's team.

Now I have absolutely no reason to watch the NETS.

This is a class move by Rod Thorn. Carter has been a good soldier for this team, and Thorn knows that the they're going nowhere next year so he's giving Vince a c hance to end his career battling for a title. Class move.

That said, the Nets will be tough to watch next year. TWill can't make his own shot, and Lee is not ready to be "the man," so it's going to be Devin Harris and Brook Lopez trying to score 50 between them--not a recipe for success.

It's no coincidence that the teams he's on always suck.

You guys have not watched the Nets the past three years if you think Carter is soft and is not a better player than Lewis. Lewis is not in the same universe as Vince, either in terms of ability or toughness.

I would call him the third option, behind Jameer, and Howard. When everyone was healthy last year it was Jameer, and Howard, and I don't really see it changing. Carter is probably a little better then Turkolgu, but this is still Jameer, and Dwight's team.

I think you overrate Nelson a little too much.

You guys have not watched the Nets the past three years if you think Carter is soft and is not a better player than Lewis. Lewis is not in the same universe as Vince, either in terms of ability or toughness.

Actually, I haven't watched the NBA for the past three years. I started to get back into it a little more with the BOS-LA final. Then, I watched almost every playoff game this year - so I'm back.

So you're right about that, Tom, I've just never liked Carter.

Actually, I haven't watched the NBA for the past three years. I started to get back into it a little more with the BOS-LA final. Then, I watched almost every playoff game this year - so I'm back.

So you're right about that, Tom, I've just never liked Carter.

It's all good. I was actuallt annoyed when the Nets pick him up originally because I had heard all the rumors about his pussiness and his selfish play, but he always played hard as a Net and initiated a ****load of contact on his drives to the baskets, even in meaningless games in February. The Magic have a legit star in Carter now, regardless of what they paid.

That said, the NBA is in serious trouble. The Finals were awful, and the overall product sucks now. Gotta get rid of the zone and send the Europeans back to Europe. The sagging zone has turned the NBA into a jump shooting contest, and that is boring as it gets.

It's all good. I was actuallt annoyed when the Nets pick him up originally because I had heard all the rumors about his pussiness and his selfish play, but he always played hard as a Net and initiated a ****load of contact on his drives to the baskets, even in meaningless games in February. The Magic have a legit star in Carter now, regardless of what they paid.

That said, the NBA is in serious trouble. The Finals were awful, and the overall product sucks now. Gotta get rid of the zone and send the Europeans back to Europe. The sagging zone has turned the NBA into a jump shooting contest, and that is boring as it gets.

Agreed about the product being awful now. That's why I stopped watching. In the early 2000's, you couldn't find a bigger NBA fan than me.

Haha, good luck justifying that move.

I think you overrate Nelson a little too much.

He was really the sole reason we beat you guys the both times in the regular season, and I still believe if he were 100% healthy, this series would have been much closer, and could have gone in Orlando's direction.

50% FG percentage

45% 3pt FG percentage

88% FT percentage

Career high in points

How am I overrating the guy? It's not like Jameer is a fraud like Rajon Rondo. Jameer Nelson is actually really good.

He was really the sole reason we beat you guys the both times in the regular season, and I still believe if he were 100% healthy, this series would have been much closer, and could have gone in Orlando's direction.

50% FG percentage

45% 3pt FG percentage

88% FT percentage

Career high in points

How am I overrating the guy? It's not like Jameer is a fraud like Rajon Rondo. Jameer Nelson is actually really good.

I didn't say he's bad. I just think you overrate him. Orlando is going to be a Howard-Carter offense.

I didn't say he's bad. I just think you overrate him. Orlando is going to be a Howard-Carter offense.

I don't really think it's anyone offense to be honest. I think we've got 4 players on this team that could easily score 20 points every night. If anything it's a Howard-Carter-Jameer-Rashard offense... lol

I don't really think it's anyone offense to be honest. I think we've got 4 players on this team that could easily score 20 points every night. If anything it's a Howard-Carter-Jameer-Rashard offense... lol

That's Orlando's problem.

Archived