Tim Wakefield

Gainzo

Actual major leaguers can't do it, but LilMiCKMANTLE can. I'm sold.

its a fluke... he gives up the most home runs then anyone else.. he is a long ball waiting to happen... and have you noticed he only pitches if the wind is in his face... he needs every advantage he can get

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the only reason Wakefield is good is because he isnt embarressed to be the only pitcher in the MLB thats throws in the 50's... anyone can develope a good knuckle ball and be successful... plus i could take him out the park at least 2 out of 10 at bats so he doesnt impress me..

:rl: OK if you say so. :roll:

its a fluke... he gives up the most home runs then anyone else.. he is a long ball waiting to happen... and have you noticed he only pitches if the wind is in his face... he needs every advantage he can get

Wake has given up a total of 8 home runs this year. Here's a partial list of the 102 pitchers who have given up more bombs-

Jason Marquis

Josh Beckett

CC Sabathia

Roy Halladay

Joba Chamberlain

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Brad Penny

Mark Buerhle

Andy Pettite

Roy Oswalt

Matt Garza

AJ Burnett

Johan Santana

Seems like someone who's been doing it for 20 years has created his own advantage.

Wake has given up a total of 8 home runs this year. Here's a partial list of the 102 pitchers who have given up more bombs-

Jason Marquis

Josh Beckett

CC Sabathia

Roy Halladay

Joba Chamberlain

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Brad Penny

Mark Buerhle

Andy Pettite

Roy Oswalt

Matt Garza

AJ Burnett

Johan Santana

Seems like someone who's been doing it for 20 years has created his own advantage.

he hasnt been throwing that junk for 20 years... he only started throwing the knuckle ball so he could stay in the majors his carrer was only over until he found out he could locate with that pitch...

he hasnt been throwing that junk for 20 years... he only started throwing the knuckle ball so he could stay in the majors his carrer was only over until he found out he could locate with that pitch...

You really need to do some research before you start posting absolute misinformation. He was a shortstop in the Pirates organization, you know the old adage "good field, no bat." That's when he started fooling around with the knuckler, and it worked.

He's been a knuckleball pitcher his entire career.

You really need to do some research before you start posting absolute misinformation. He was a shortstop in the Pirates organization, you know the old adage "good field, no bat." That's when he started fooling around with the knuckler, and it worked.

He's been a knuckleball pitcher his entire career.

Exactly he came up as a shortstop found out he couldnt cut it as a SS so he started throwing a Knuckle ball to stay in the bigs... thats what i said in my previous post how am i posting misinfomation... yea he probably hasnt giving up the most homeruns i know that and was just talking ****... but i know for a fact he didnt get to the bigs as a pitcher

Exactly he came up as a shortstop found out he couldnt cut it as a SS so he started throwing a Knuckle ball to stay in the bigs... thats what i said in my previous post how am i posting misinfomation... yea he probably hasnt giving up the most homeruns i know that and was just talking ****... but i know for a fact he didnt get to the bigs as a pitcher

He finally made it to the bigs when he started pitching.

I give up.

As far as him making the All-Star game, I could care less. It's meaningless anyway.

But asking me to respect him as a player is absurd. He might be a nice guy or whatever, but there is not one single player in baseball that has never done one single thing to exhibit any real athletic ability. Nothing.

He's made a career of mastering a trick pitch and having long fingernails. I'd just as soon respect Eddie Gaedel and his career OBP of 1.000

Because RSN/ESPN/MSM still think 'wins' is a good stat to quantify whether or not someone is an all-star.

He. Doesn't. Deserve. It.

There's nothing about being 29th in the league in ERA and having a 3.49 K/9 that warrants an all-star appearance.

Take away the name "Tim Wakefield" and insert any other name in that place, everyone would be up in arms.

His K/9 is 4.6 this year and he has a much higher career K/9 than Tom Glavine.

K/9 is a not the end all stat to judge a pitcher. Oliver Perez is 7th ALL TIME in K/9...

Although not your argument, he has given less HRs then Lester.

Jason Marquis

Josh Beckett

CC Sabathia

Roy Halladay

Joba Chamberlain

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Brad Penny

Mark Buerhle

Andy Pettite

Roy Oswalt

Matt Garza

AJ Burnett

Johan Santana

Thanks. I did not want to do the cut and pasting.

Yankee fans bitching about undeserved All Star appearances?

Now that's rich.

Wow I can't believe I missed this gem.

Jason Varitek.

Tim Wakefield.

Both undeserving. I don't even remember the last time a Yankee got in based solely on hype alone. Go ahead and find one for me Thor, master of generalization.

Wow I can't believe I missed this gem.

Jason Varitek.

Tim Wakefield.

Both undeserving. I don't even remember the last time a Yankee got in based solely on hype alone. Go ahead and find one for me Thor, master of generalization.

Torre was notorious for taking his guys when he was managing the Yanks. Varitek was not deserving last year but that is what you get when your team is the defending champ. Your manager gets to select the reserves.

Why is Wakefield getting into the ASG such a big deal that this thread has over 5 pages. What is the obsession with this guy? Yes, he is a gimmick pitcher and yes he leads the league in wins and yes, it's a good story and he deserves to be in the ASG. Congratulate him and move on.

You do realize that it's not just the manager of an All-Star team selecting the players, right? It's the managers of all 30 teams that undergo the selection process. So Joe Torre "bringing players" is disingenuous.

Second, Thor basically implied that the selected Yankees were undeserving of their all-star spots. I want to know who was undeserving, and I want numbers to back that up.

As far as him making the All-Star game, I could care less. It's meaningless anyway.

But asking me to respect him as a player is absurd. He might be a nice guy or whatever, but there is not one single player in baseball that has never done one single thing to exhibit any real athletic ability. Nothing.

He's made a career of mastering a trick pitch and having long fingernails. I'd just as soon respect Eddie Gaedel and his career OBP of 1.000

Do you even read your own posts ? Just askin......

:face:

You do realize that it's not just the manager of an All-Star team selecting the players, right? It's the managers of all 30 teams that undergo the selection process. So Joe Torre "bringing players" is disingenuous.

Second, Thor basically implied that the selected Yankees were undeserving of their all-star spots. I want to know who was undeserving, and I want numbers to back that up.

No.

The manager of the all star team can exercise his right to fill out the bench. Torre did this.

Yeah I see that I left out a word. But you get what I meant and are just avoiding the subject. Wakefield is lame.

No I didn't. I just read what you wrote that basically said that no baseball player ever has had any athletic ability. Wakefields STILL in the All Star game . Are you ? :P

Most correct. Most all star managers do fill out the roster themselves.

Francona tabbed Tek last year when he did not deserve. Torre tapping Javier Vazquez in 2004 was debatable.

Francona tabbed Tek last year when he did not deserve. Torre tapping Javier Vazquez in 2004 was debatable.

I thought Varitek was voted onto the team by his peers, not Francona. I remember hearing that during the broadcast last year.

I knew someone was going to invoke Javy Vazquez

Javy Vazquez 1st half 2004: 118.2 IP 32BB 95 SO 53R 47ER 3.56ERA 1.154 Whip 7.2K/9

Not even close to the embarassing selection that is Tim Wake****.

As an aside it's a sham Vazquez wasn't elected this year. Wins is such a stupid stat.

If this guy happens to start the all star game, I probably won't watch the game. It's laughable he's even in it with his 4.3 ERA. Apparently, because they score 100 runs for him a game, that gives him that 11-3 record is why they want this bum starting. It sucks that they make the team that wins this stupid game have homefield in the World Series.

Watch this piece of crap allows like 5 runs...

Archived