Mets turn down deal for Doc?

Matt39

so a solid prospect, a pretty good pitching prospect, an average relief pitcher, and some guy I've never heard of, and the Mets turn it down? Dumb organization.

Sure who knows with that offense if they could have made the playoffs this year, even with Doc Halladay, but could you imagine their team next year, and with a probably better offense, and a rotation that has Doc, Santana, Pelfrey on the top of it. I mean who cares what the rest of the rotation is... lol

so a solid prospect, a pretty good pitching prospect, an average relief pitcher, and some guy I've never heard of, and the Mets turn it down? Dumb organization.

Sure who knows with that offense if they could have made the playoffs this year, even with Doc Halladay, but could you imagine their team next year, and with a probably better offense, and a rotation that has Doc, Santana, Pelfrey on the top of it. I mean who cares what the rest of the rotation is... lol

:rl: I can see you do NOT follow the Mets. Stick to hoops or the Yankees. :bag:

:rl: I can see you do NOT follow the Mets. Stick to hoops or the Yankees. :bag:

I don't see whats so wrong with what I said? I said Fernando Martinez is a good prospect, and Bobby Parnell is an average relief pitcher at best. Plus a pitching prospect that should be in the Majors already with all these injuries that they've got, and I still don't really know the other guy, so I can't really say about him.

I still would do that deal for Doc. I'd say I know enough to realize it's dumb to turn that deal down for the Mets.

It's safe to say though I know a hell alot more about the Mets then you do, because even Lil Bit Special said he'd do that deal in a separate topic.

Why don't you worry about your own team, anyway, since they'll be losing ground to the Yankees any day now.

I don't see whats so wrong with what I said? I said Fernando Martinez is a good prospect, and Bobby Parnell is an average relief pitcher at best. Plus a pitching prospect that should be in the Majors already with all these injuries that they've got, and I still don't really know the other guy, so I can't really say about him.

I still would do that deal for Doc. I'd say I know enough to realize it's dumb to turn that deal down for the Mets.

It's safe to say though I know a hell alot more about the Mets then you do, because even Lil Bit Special said he'd do that deal in a separate topic.

Why don't you worry about your own team, anyway, since they'll be losing ground to the Yankees any day now.

:rl::rl::rl: Now THAT's funny.

The fact that you make a post only to laugh at a certain things proves that you can't come up with anything proving you know anymore about the Mets then I do.

Have fun watching the Sox eventually missing the playoffs to the Tampa Bay Rays.

pwn

Law already shot down the rumor as untrue. Heyman is such a hack.

They were talking about it last nite on SNY as if the rumour had some merit. If it is true I'm glad the Mets are keeping the few prospects they have. Niese has just been brought up to fill the rotation spot left by Nieve's placement on the DL. I look for Niese to shine. He's been pitching lights out here in Buffalo.

Law already shot down the rumor as untrue. Heyman is such a hack.

i hope its untrue cause if it is true then the mets are just completely clueless..........with santana and halladay you'd have the best 1-2 punch in the league. and none of those guys shoudl be considered close to untouchable....and honestly, i doubt the bluejays would take that package anyway.

They were talking about it last nite on SNY as if the rumour had some merit. If it is true I'm glad the Mets are keeping the few prospects they have. Niese has just been brought up to fill the rotation spot left by Nieve's placement on the DL. I look for Niese to shine. He's been pitching lights out here in Buffalo.

how coudl you be happy to hear that the mets wouldn't take one of the best pitcher sin the game for that package of, basically, nobodies.

Suspect more and more the problem is thw WIlpons. No way Minaya nor any GM would turn that down.

NO FREAKING WAY.

The Mets are possibly poorly run, but more and more it becomes clear that they are simply poor with the post-Madoff Wilpons.Minaya is being told not to do this because the Coupons don't want to pay Halladay's salary.

heard the mets could've claimed Hinske off waivers for the balance of his 800K salary and declined. That's bad given their lineup. But this is criminal.

Sell the freaking club. This is a joke if they turned down this trade. There is no good excuse. Yous till get 1 1/2 seasons of the best pitcher on earth and the exclusive rights to get hims igned long-term.

Suspect more and more the problem is thw WIlpons. No way Minaya nor any GM would turn that down.

NO FREAKING WAY.

The Mets are possibly poorly run, but more and more it becomes clear that they are simply poor with the post-Madoff Wilpons.Minaya is being told not to do this because the Coupons don't want to pay Halladay's salary.

Sell the freaking club. This is a joke if they turned down this trade. There is no good excuse. Yous till get 1 1/2 seasons of the best pitcher on earth and the exclusive rights to get hims igned long-term.

Last I checked, the Mets have the highest payroll in the NL. Thanks for trying anyway.

NO FREAKING WAY.

heard the mets could've claimed Hinske off waivers for the balance of his 800K salary and declined. That's bad given their lineup. But this is criminal.

its pretty much been established that the rumor is BS......

Even if it is true is it such a stretch for the Mets to back out? Give up FMart, Niese and Parnell (who the **** is Tejada) for essentially a year and a half rental of Halladay?

You know his ass won't be signing an extension on the Mets, he'll most likely hit the open market where teams can bid for his services.

It's a good move by Minaya.

The bigger question is who do the Mets fans root for now? I feel like they've grown tired of using the Red Sox to piss off there Yankees fan friends. So what team will it be this year? The Sox again, maybe the Rays - good young team to follow.

Who's it gonna be Mets fans?

The bigger question is who do the Mets fans root for now? I feel like they've grown tired of using the Red Sox to piss off there Yankees fan friends. So what team will it be this year? The Sox again, maybe the Rays - good young team to follow.

Umm, I continue to root for the Mets.

This is why no one like Yankee fans. You give the good ones a bad rep.

This is why no one like Yankee fans. You give the good ones a bad rep.

yeah they're arrogant. but to answer the question i'll be rooting for the jets. ahhhh, the life of a jets/mets fan. half-way through the football seaosn you can start thinking draft and spring training. half-way through the baseball seaosn you can start thinking training camp and football.

I'm not a Mets fan, but...Who do you root for when the Jets aren't have a good year? Do you stop rooting for the Jets and pick another team to root for?

dont involve me in this. I suck as a fantasy GM. I would suck worse as a real GM.

i root for the Sox... 'cause i live up here, not because of some idiotic hatred for the Yankees. If my life was about rooting against a team, instead of rooting for a team to win, i'd rather kill myself.

Archived