***The Official Matt Jones Thread*** - Your home for everything Matt Jones.

uart

Yes, it is twice as many, but he was their first target. Chansi was 4 possibly a 5 choice for Favre behind Coles, Cotch, Keller and Leon.

Bottom line, he is not that good. If they decide to sign him on the cheap, I wouldnt cry. I would just expect absolutely nothing other then numerous threads bombing the guy about how bad he is...just watch some tape. He is awkward, slow and just not good.

I know I have said this before, but living in Jax and being surrounded by Jags fans (yes they exist) I dont know a single fan that was sad to see Matt Jones gone. And they felt this way before they signed Holt.

Excellent point.

When Matt Jones was cut by the Jags, it left them with literally no wide receivers on the roster and the general feeling of the fanbase was that it was better to have no receivers than to have Matt Jones.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there are a lot of people I know who are clean and sober for many years SMC, it CAN be done-recovery IS possible

It definately can be done.

But are you talking "sober" as in alchohol or "clean" as in drug addiction? I was solely speaking about drug addiction.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76220&highlight=matt+jones&page=2

Round Two of Matt Jones sucks by a few posters. Just read what I wrote in the thread (link posted) it's easier then going thought it again.

As I said sign Jones because he is better then any WR we have other then Cotchery and he gets first downs.

And also like I said before, why are a few posters scared about signing him? He'll be cheap and if he sucks he'll be cut and then they can start threads on how they were right. I'm thinking they'll be scared he might do good and they'll be wrong.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76220&highlight=matt+jones&page=2

Round Two of Matt Jones sucks by a few posters. Just read what I wrote in the thread (link posted) it's easier then going thought it again.

As I said sign Jones because he is better then any WR we have other then Cotchery and he gets first downs.

And also like I said before, why are a few posters scared about signing him? He'll be cheap and if he sucks he'll be cut and then they can start threads on how they were right. I'm thinking they'll be scared he might do good and they'll be wrong.

Not scared of signing him. Just think it's a complete waste of time because I don't believe he'll make the final roster as we have better talent than him in place already.

He's a spaz Mick.

No. Jenkins was only saddled with the lousy attitude. Jenkins was a three time ProBowler and two-time AllPro before he came here. Comparing him to Matt Jones is a huge fail on your part.

And saying you don't want Jones because he sucks and has problem and thinking Clowney is a better choice is just as dumb.

Not scared of signing him. Just think it's a complete waste of time because I don't believe he'll make the final roster as we have better talent than him in place already.

He's a spaz Mick.

Have you ever met Clowney? I bet with in a few years he'll be involved in some sort of incident that is worse then sorting a few lines. And trust me when I say a lot of pros do coke, Jones was just dumb enough to get caught.

Have you ever met Clowney? I bet with in a few years he'll be involved in some sort of incident that is worse then sorting a few lines. And trust me when I say a lot of pros do coke, Jones was just dumb enough to get caught.

Grow up.

Just come to grips with the FACT that Matt Jones is a waste of time.

Grow up.

Just come to grips with the FACT that Matt Jones is a waste of time.

Why because you say so? I'm sorry I forgot you were a pro scout.

Nothing is a waste of time when it comes to signing someone that is looking for a second chance, you never know what is going to happen. It's a risk but it is well worth it and we need WR and he'll be cheap.

There is no reason why we shouldn't sign him.

Mick, YOU would be a more valuable WR than Matt Jones.

I'd make a much better FB and if the team needed one and I had played a few years and proved that I could move the chains (which Jones did) but had gotten into trouble and was looking for a new team I would say sign me.

I'd make a much better FB and if the team needed one and I had played a few years and proved that I could move the chains (which Jones did) but had gotten into trouble and was looking for a new team I would say sign me.

I would never want my team to sign you you worthless POS!!!:Nuts:

Prorate his 12 games last year into 16 and you got:

87 catches, 1015 yards, 63 first down catches... while having NO help at WR. Opposite of Cotch there is no reason why if he can keep his nose clean that we couldn't see the same numbers.

Low Risk - High Reward. I am all for taking a chance on him.

I think he has a great incentive EY, it's either wise up or get a job at K-Mart. I know what I'D do. As for Burress, there's a pretty good chance that Goody Two Shoes Goodell suspends his ass anyway-he ISN'T a Patriot you know.

Easy for you to say. You've ALWAYS loved KMart. :biggrin:

Most times, these second-chance players - Cris Carter, Kris Jenkins and Kerry Collins come to mind - are struggling with alcohol. I can't remember too many players coming back from coke successfully.

Carter was a cokehead

Carter was a cokehead

Really, I had thought he was strictly booze. Maybe there is hope for Matt Jones after all. Honestly though, I have never been impressed with Jones as a WR product, and I thought taking him in round one was the dumbest idea ever. Carter was talented.

87 catches, 1015 yards, 63 first down catches... while having NO help at WR. Opposite of Cotch there is no reason why if he can keep his nose clean that we couldn't see the same numbers.

I don't understand why some people don't get it.

A lot of players use coke, I've seen it. They just don't get caught. Coke gets out of your system quickly so most players won't get caught with drug test. Also why does everyone think Jones has a coke problem? He was only arrested once for it. He was out partying with a few friends and had two 8 balls on him, that's a normal amount for 3 people.

That's the key phrase IMHO. What do we have to lose ? Maybe Tanny won't do it because he DOESN'T have to give up draft choices for him. :P

Matt Jones is a millionaire athlete who got caught doing drugs in public in broad daylight...twice. And I'm talking about weed, which is not a drug in my book.

It wasn't even like cool public...like off a hookers ass in a club...it was in Florida parking lots...loser.

He's either a dumbass or a doosh, either way I don't want him near this team.

Matt Jones is a millionaire athlete who got caught doing drugs in public in broad daylight...twice. And I'm talking about weed, which is not a drug in my book.

It wasn't even like cool public...like off a hookers ass in a club...it was in Florida parking lots...loser.

He's either a dumbass or a doosh, either way I don't want him near this team.

Yes because you've never done anything illegal and I think he was arrested once for coke not twice but I agree he's a dumbass for getting caught.

Then how did he average in the top 5 of the NFL for 1st downs per game?

Maybe 6th, I did it real quick.

Mick, the Jags had no other receivers on their team last year. The only reason Jones didn't get cut prior to the season last year is becuase the guys the Jags planned on starting got hurt in training camp.

He was literally the only WR with any experience and healthy on the roster for most of last season.

In other words, they had no choice but to throw to him.

Yes because you've never done anything illegal and I think he was arrested once for coke not twice but I agree he's a dumbass for getting caught.

Dude it's not that he did drugs...sh*t I've done drugs and I'm not a millionaire athlete...but I at least had the brains to do it in non-public places during the daytime.

If we're so hot for Matt Jones here...what about Reggie Williams?

I used to like Jones back before the multiple arrests and I even remember arguing with Klecko on why he WASN'T a bust. But the guy is either a grade A (or F) doosh or dumbass. He may possibly be both...in fact he probably is. We can do better than that...that's just *****ing low.

Reggie Williams played on the same team as Jones and didn't do as well so I'd rather have Jones.

And Jones being the best WR on the team means he was covered by the best DBs and still put up good numbers while playing WR for only his 3rd year.

We need to get first downs and he'll help.

Cotchery, Jones and Keller would make a decent WRing core.

Dude it's not that he did drugs...sh*t I've done drugs and I'm not a millionaire athlete...but I at least had the brains to do it in non-public places during the daytime.

If we're so hot for Matt Jones here...what about Reggie Williams?

I used to like Jones back before the multiple arrests and I even remember arguing with Klecko on why he WASN'T a bust. But the guy is either a grade A (or F) doosh or dumbass. He may possibly be both...in fact he probably is. We can do better than that...that's just *****ing low.

Oh, he's both. I promise you that.

Archived