Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium Series Thread

Otter

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As per YES, longest 1-0 game was April 15, 1968 when the MEts beat the Astros 1-0 in Astrodome after 24 innings. We're getting there. Such a game between these teams would end about 10AM.

Is that even possible... lol... wouldnt they have asleep delay...

My son was sitting next to me. He kept saying they need to walk ARod. I said why? Because he is going to hit a home run.

I went into a long explanation about how you don't walk him when there is less than a 10% chance that he will homer. You don't move the winning run to 2b when a .300 hitter has a 30% chance of getting a hit and winning the game.

So then ARod hits the home run. My son says, I told you they should have walked him. Then he leaves the room.

:rl:

Son, when you are right you are right.

My son was sitting next to me. He kept saying they need to walk ARod. I said why? Because he is going to hit a home run.

I went into a long explanation about how you don't walk him when there is less than a 10% chance that he will homer. You don't move the winning run to 2b when a .300 hitter has a 30% chance of getting a hit and winning the game.

So then ARod hits the home run. My son says, I told you they should have walked him. Then he leaves the room.

:rl:

Son, when you are right you are right.

Second instance in this thread where the youngins were right. AND CLUTCH ROD STRIKES AGAIN! Jagshemash! Booyakasha!

\:D/

By the way, I called that homer to my brother, but that's probably not going to believed.

Archived