this is not a good night - need advice

JerryK

I feel like eastwood in grand torino. maybe some of you city-types can help me feel better...

Note: we live in the country on an acre lot, but on the corner of a busy road.

9pm. the wife and I are 10min from home from a date, and we call ahead to the babysitter to let her know we're coming. She says "some guys just dropped a kid off and he ran under the bridge to the creek. The car is gone and the kid is standing in front of the house on a cellphone."

I got a little mad, and hurried home. Figured I'd let the kid know I don't dig loitering in front of my house. We pull up and I gave him my prepared script "you need a ride? No? ok, cool. but you should know there are a lot of drug drops under that bridge, and we call the cops every time it happens".

Then I looked at the kid a little closer. red/blue colors, black sweatshirt, tats...LOTS of those. and the kid looked scared.

I realized this might have been bad, so we drove down the road (so he wouldn't id my van to my house). Didn't matter though, he saw the babysitter standing in the front window on the phone staring at him.

the babysitter says as soon as we pulled away 2 chevy blazers packed with people and a big low-rider sedan picked the kid up and zoomed away.

now....we're home. freaked. They're gone...but will this be the end of it?

So the question is...did I scare them off? will they find another bridge out in the country? ...or would they bother to come back and do a drive-by on my living room?

I'm hoping the country setting freaks these guys out and we won't see them...but 3 cars full of people is way more than I want to deal with.

If I don't post in the morning...well... it's been nice knowing you!!!!

If they're gangbangers I would think they'd feel out of their element in the country, but who knows...

I think you did the right thing though, the last thing you want is for them to get comfortable engaging in illegal activity in your area.

call the cops JK and tell them what happened and what is happening under that bridge. I mean come on man, the baby sitter drops a kid off so she can go and score and leaves him in front of your house? Cops need to be made aware of the situation. Screw that crap anyway-who wants a bunch of crackheads so close to home-who knows if one or more don't decide "hey let's rob THAT house and see if we can get some more money for drugs" No shame in ratting that **** out bro.

call the cops JK and tell them what happened and what is happening under that bridge. I mean come on man, the baby sitter drops a kid off so she can go and score and leaves him in front of your house? Cops need to be made aware of the situation. Screw that crap anyway-who wants a bunch of crackheads so close to home-who knows if one or more don't decide "hey let's rob THAT house and see if we can get some more money for drugs" No shame in ratting that **** out bro.

I wouldn't go that far. I think that would make them want to go after Jerry even more. You gotta come down live here baby!

Sherrif Deputy just left. He went over to the creek/under the bridge and didn't find anything.

He says it probably was illegal activity, but that they're probably spooked and will leave me alone. He says they don't get any reports of retaliation like this...and that the only violence is between bad guys. (hope he's right!!)

the baby sitter drops a kid off so she can go and score and leaves him in front of your house?

?

the babysitter was home and saw the kid get dropped off by his peeps. my wife and I were coming home from a restaurant and confronted him.

Sherrif Deputy just left. He went over to the creek/under the bridge and didn't find anything.

He says it probably was illegal activity, but that they're probably spooked and will leave me alone. He says they don't get any reports of retaliation like this...and that the only violence is between bad guys. (hope he's right!!)

Hopefully they'll all kill each other. :biggrin:

it seems like the first vehicle dropped him off so the second could pick him up

the second car probably just ran out of weed

He was picked up by 2 blazers and a huge 70's lowrider. all packed with kids in black sweatshirts.

He was picked up by 2 blazers and a huge 70's lowrider. all packed with kids in black sweatshirts.

the fact the first car didn't wait the the other 3 tells me this kid wasa low level mule or initiate type doing the grunt work.

I'm sure they were all very high and couldn't find your place again with gps

today they are trying to figure out the next deal, and worried about rival gangs, not guys like you

Jerry

Do you have a piece at your house?

Nope..I've thought about it but we live out in the country. No need till last night.

But my 9-year old son is packing an almost-new daisy Red Ryder, and we're ready take some eyes out!

image.php?productid=16141

When I was in Corporate america, I had to move all over the southeast

I rented a house in the county, but similar to you, the house was on a main road. I'm hanging out after work, watching TV when I get a knock on the door. Some dude is there asking me to use the phone, when I tell him I don;t have a phone, he then starts hitting me up for $$$$$$$

I end up telling the guy to screw off....but needless to say I went to bed with every single knife I had in the house

The next day, I was a gun owner

FWIW

Nope..I've thought about it but we live out in the country. No need till last night.

You might think you're safe out in the country, but you're actually a lot more vulnerable because there aren't others close by to look out for you, and for this very reason most who live in rural areas arm themselves. As a kid growing up in the city, one of the first things I learned is you don't **** with people who live in the country.

I feel like eastwood in grand torino. maybe some of you city-types can help me feel better...

Note: we live in the country on an acre lot, but on the corner of a busy road.

9pm. the wife and I are 10min from home from a date, and we call ahead to the babysitter to let her know we're coming. She says "some guys just dropped a kid off and he ran under the bridge to the creek. The car is gone and the kid is standing in front of the house on a cellphone."

I got a little mad, and hurried home. Figured I'd let the kid know I don't dig loitering in front of my house. We pull up and I gave him my prepared script "you need a ride? No? ok, cool. but you should know there are a lot of drug drops under that bridge, and we call the cops every time it happens".

Then I looked at the kid a little closer. red/blue colors, black sweatshirt, tats...LOTS of those. and the kid looked scared.

I realized this might have been bad, so we drove down the road (so he wouldn't id my van to my house). Didn't matter though, he saw the babysitter standing in the front window on the phone staring at him.

the babysitter says as soon as we pulled away 2 chevy blazers packed with people and a big low-rider sedan picked the kid up and zoomed away.

now....we're home. freaked. They're gone...but will this be the end of it?

So the question is...did I scare them off? will they find another bridge out in the country? ...or would they bother to come back and do a drive-by on my living room?

I'm hoping the country setting freaks these guys out and we won't see them...but 3 cars full of people is way more than I want to deal with.

If I don't post in the morning...well... it's been nice knowing you!!!!

I wouldn't worry about it bro. Last thing they want is to bring attention to themselves any more then they did.

Television has blown things way out of proportion. The odds of people coming back to pull crap is low, doesn't happen like TV would make you think. Just stay aware of your surroundings for a while, and keep the doors locked for a few when you're home.

Also, get yourseld a nice tactical shotgun with collapsible stock for some home protection.

I wouldn't worry about it bro. Last thing they want is to bring attention to themselves any more then they did.

Television has blown things way out of proportion. The odds of people coming back to pull crap is low, doesn't happen like TV would make you think. Just stay aware of your surroundings for a while, and keep the doors locked for a few when you're home.

Also, get yourseld a nice tactical shotgun with collapsible stock for some home protection.

How does one go about this? I would love to get a shotty for home protection but I used to live in NYC and I knew that was next to impossible with that nanny city. I live in Long Island now and I'm sure it has to be easier but I could only find information about handguns.

Archived