Biggest Nfl Bust Ever.....

neckdemon

Dimitrius Underwood, he was a first round pick (late first), but his college coaches WARNED NFL scouts about drafting him. Crazy story.

With most busts...Underwood, Marinovich, Gholston, you see it coming. Underwood missed most of his senior year. Marinovich was arrested with cocaine possesion at USC. Gholston took plays off. You see it coming, why do NFL GM's even draft these guys?

Forgot to also add Tony Mandarich in there too. Huge attitude/conduct. problems in college. Showed up to practice drunk...used roids, failed roids tests, etc. One of the worst busts of all time, shoulda saw it coming.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bryan ****ing Thomas. We could of had ED REED! :face:

You would have subjected Reed to Herm ??

There are lots of busts Im not sure how you pick the biggest bust ever . Some busts can actully play the game then some are Vernon Gholston. By the way I think Vernon might be :baby: thats not a pacifier

Now if you asked who was the team who picked the most busts well thats a different story....

1991 1st round - 16 pro bowl seasons from the entire first round... half of which were from Herman Moore and Teddy Washington.

1991 2nd round - 15 pro bowls between just Brett Favre and Ricky Watters... 16 total

1991 3rd round - 17 pro bowl seasons

1991 5th round - 12 pro bowl seasons

Wow I wish I had bet the guy on the Gholston over/under. Not that I'm saying he was a bust just that at my count he has only been mentioned like five times and the dude said 12. I could have made some bank. Any hoo Kijana Carter, Akhili Smith, Andre Ware, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Kasey Weldon and so many others are far worse than Marinovich. Atleast he was around for a few years.

PS- Isn't that Senator Heath Shuler now?

Bosworth wasn't that bad. He just got hurt and Marinovich was at the tail end of the 1st round. My vote is probably for Leaf, but I have to mention Ron Faurot who was out of the NFL within a year and was never even injured.

I was almost positive that Faurot had a major injury so I googled it. Here's a link to a Daily News story. I actually remember seeing this article before:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/03/28/2009-03-28_former_jet_defensive_end_ron_faurot_putt.html

Dimitrius Underwood, he was a first round pick (late first), but his college coaches WARNED NFL scouts about drafting him. Crazy story.

With most busts...Underwood, Marinovich, Gholston, you see it coming. Underwood missed most of his senior year. Marinovich was arrested with cocaine possesion at USC. Gholston took plays off. You see it coming, why do NFL GM's even draft these guys?

JetsBabe are you guilty of cocaine possession when you wrote that? at the age of 23, VG is not a bust, not yet. He could be... but even worst case, if he gets 0 NFL sacks for his entire career he's not comparable to a coke head and an escaped mental patient.

JetsBabe are you guilty of cocaine possession when you wrote that? at the age of 23, VG is not a bust, not yet. He could be... but even worst case, if he gets 0 NFL sacks for his entire career he's not comparable to a coke head and an escaped mental patient.

Im not sure when your going to get off the Gholston kick your on Bitonti. Even Rex Ryans starting to phase him out. The First play he was in last week he had his hands on his hips. He still refuses to hit players being wrapped up right in front of him (which is what usually causes fumbles) he is a terrible football player and he will not be on this team next year.

Real compassionate there, Rush. You need to make like Chad and play within yourself. Leave the gunslinging to the pros. Those dudes may be easy targets but they went far too late to reasonably be considered among the biggest busts ever.

Im not sure when your going to get off the Gholston kick your on Bitonti. Even Rex Ryans starting to phase him out. The First play he was in last week he had his hands on his hips. He still refuses to hit players being wrapped up right in front of him (which is what usually causes fumbles) he is a terrible football player and he will not be on this team next year.

idk.....if we cut him he hits our cap for 10mil.

I was almost positive that Faurot had a major injury so I googled it. Here's a link to a Daily News story. I actually remember seeing this article before:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/03/28/2009-03-28_former_jet_defensive_end_ron_faurot_putt.html

Yeah, you're right. I saw that article recently too and as usual conveniently forgot everything that happened after he left the Jets. Thing is he was already a bust, cut in the middle of his second season without the injury. Completely useless to the Jets. Way worse than Lam or Blair Thomas. Of course we could just blame Joe Walton. I good with that.

Yeah, you're right. I saw that article recently too and as usual conveniently forgot everything that happened after he left the Jets. Thing is he was already a bust, cut in the middle of his second season without the injury. Completely useless to the Jets. Way worse than Lam or Blair Thomas. Of course we could just blame Joe Walton. I good with that.

Please don't remind me of that sack of crap Walton. He single handedly destroyed the team that Michaels built and took to the championship game. In the Jets long line of bad coaches, he ranks only behind Kotite and Holz as the worst ever IMO.

Please don't remind me of that sack of crap Walton. He single handedly destroyed the team that Michaels built and took to the championship game. In the Jets long line of bad coaches, he ranks only behind Kotite and Holz as the worst ever IMO.

With all due respect to Holtz he inherited a horrible team with a near crippled QB.

Archived