Biggest Nfl Bust Ever.....

neckdemon

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
y'thin it's not even close? marinovich was basically raised form birth to be a professional qb and thwen he got to the nfl and played 8, mostly bad games due to drug use and then his career was over. that's pretty bad.....no?

marinovich was a reach for 1st round...who drafted him?

the raidahs surprised?

Bosworth wasn't that bad. He just got hurt and Marinovich was at the tail end of the 1st round. My vote is probably for Leaf, but I have to mention Ron Faurot who was out of the NFL within a year and was never even injured.

i knwo he wasn't a 1st round pick.....but browning nagle was so bad that he has to be mentioned. :D

tony mandarich not even close then Leaf

Mandarich was at least a starter for a couple of years with Green Bay and later for a couple of years with Indy.

Other than the publicity, and the next 2 players taken, I don't think he even compares to busts like Akili Smith, drafted 3rd overall and finished his career with 5 TD passes. The next 4 picks in sequence were Edge, Ricky, Holt, and Bailey. Ouch.

Or Charles Rogers - drafted 2nd overall, ahead of Andre Johnson, and finished his career with as many illegitimate kids (5) as NFL games started (9).

Art Schlichter was a worse bust than Mandarich and Leaf as well. Leaf at least started 21 games (however badly).

Mandarich was at least a starter for a couple of years with Green Bay and later for a couple of years with Indy.

Other than the publicity, and the next 2 players taken, I don't think he even compares to busts like Akili Smith, drafted 3rd overall and finished his career with 5 TD passes. The next 4 picks in sequence were Edge, Ricky, Holt, and Bailey. Ouch.

Or Charles Rogers - drafted 2nd overall, ahead of Andre Johnson, and finished his career with as many illegitimate kids (5) as NFL games started (9).

Art Schlichter was a worse bust than Mandarich and Leaf as well. Leaf at least started 21 games (however badly).

I was reading about Leaf for some reason. I think the reason he is considered such a bust isn't how bad he was for the few seasons he was around, but for how quickly he was out of the league. Same with Marinovich. Charles Rogers was a horror show. Every season people still post about him coming back, that piece of ****. With a lot of these guys it's just the hype from ESPN/SI that causes us to expect more.

Answer this question..who did packers pass on?

Also how many #2 overall picks at OL do not start as a rook?

He was atrocious...gawd awful to be exact

dimitrius underwood always held a special place

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitrius_Underwood

a first round pick that tried to kill himself, and then escaped from a mental institution. tough to beat.

here's a pretty good article

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-worstfirstroundpicks042407

by the way to the dude who mentioned Bryan Thomas, the guy is a 5 year starter, that's not a bust, no matter how much he isn't Ed Reed.

I am going to say Bo Jackson cause here is a guy who had more Talent then any Athleate that had ever walked the Earth before him and had he not gotten hurt would have been 1 of the Greatest ever in Baseball and Football .So his injury makes him abust not his lack of talent.

I don't agree at all that BO Jackson was the greatest talent. I think he is monstrously overrated by people that were kids when he had his fifteen minutes. The reason he is the biggest bust of all time is that Tampa Bay burned the #1 overall on him and signed with the Royals and re-entered the draft.

I am going to say Bo Jackson cause here is a guy who had more Talent then any Athleate that had ever walked the Earth before him and had he not gotten hurt would have been 1 of the Greatest ever in Baseball and Football .So his injury makes him abust not his lack of talent.

Yeah I loved him when I was young.

Watching him get hurt during that Bengals game was killer, it broke my heart. lol

He was an amazing athlete, breaking bats over leg is no small feat.

Archived