It's probably nothing, but ...

hoping4ASuperBowl

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/09/its-probably-nothing-but.html

by Rich Cimini

Don't mean to be an alarmist, but QB Mark Sanchez was fussing over his right knee today in practice -- at least during the 40-minute window open to the media. Look, it's probably not a big deal, but he is the Jets' "Fran-chez" quarterback, so we have to look at him under a microscope.

During a light passing drill, Sanchez kept reaching down to his knee, flexing it a few times. In between throws, he jogged lightly and made exaggerated plants, as if to test the test. A trainer came over to check it out, and one of those thin elastic bands was placed on the knee.

One possible explanation: Sanchez usually wears a sleeve on his knee, and he didn't have it on today. Maybe that was causing some discomfort. Again, I don't know, but I will ask Rex Ryan at his post-practice news conference.

On the injury front: CBs Lito Sheppard (quad) and Donald Strickland (ankle) missed practice for the second straight day. It looks like they won't play Sunday against the Titans.

The Jets re-signed TE Matthew Mulligan, waived Tuesday, to the practice squad.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/09/its-probably-nothing-but.html#ixzz0S3FUY0G6

I blame this on all you ****ing stupid homer dbags that are putting this team on a pedestal already.

No we're F'ed. Good job guys, good job.

:bag:

lol but Plus 1 in spirit..

I still think we'd be ok either way.. It's not that hard to be 2-0 when the defense doesn't give up a td in either game

I wouldnt say huge, I have Tendinitis in my knee and from experience when i was playing football I didnt feel it at all in the games, you just feel its after the games

Yeah, thats true. What scares me is that tendinitis never really goes away.

Were there any indications of a shaky knee prior to the draft?

A kid this young shouldnt be developing knee problems.

Eek . . .

Sounds kind of similar to when he dislocated his knee at USC.

USC's quarterback situation for the season opener and possibly beyond became muddled Friday when starter Mark Sanchez suffered a dislocated left kneecap while warming up for practice.

Sanchez, a fourth-year junior, threw a pass to teammate Clay Matthews, as he does every day before stretching exercises, but then crumpled to the ground.

Team trainers helped Sanchez to the sideline, where he said the kneecap was put back into place. He was later carted from the field and taken for an MRI exam and X-rays.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/aug/09/sports/sp-sanchez9

Sounds like a little patellar tendonitis, or jumper's knee. The elastic band just helps take a little pressure off of it. And tendonitis is just inflammation of the tendon. So whoever said it never goes away just relax. Tendonitis is usually cleared up with proper treatment and exercises.

Sounds like a little patellar tendonitis, or jumper's knee. The elastic band just helps take a little pressure off of it. And tendonitis is just inflammation of the tendon. So whoever said it never goes away just relax. Tendonitis is usually cleared up with proper treatment and exercises.

This guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about, and his analysis is the most positive, therefore I choose to listen to him.

Whew! We dodged a bullet there.

This guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about, and his analysis is the most positive, therefore I choose to listen to him.

Whew! We dodged a bullet there.

+1

Damn, it was fun while it lasted.

Here's the article from ESPN:

Sanchez expected to play Sunday

Comment Email Print Share

Associated Press

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez has some tendinitis in his right knee that isn't expected to affect his availability for this weekend's game against Tennessee.

Coach Rex Ryan said Sanchez "had a little tendinitis," but fully participated in practice Thursday. Sanchez appeared to reach down at his knee a few times and flex it during the 40-minute period the media is allowed to watch.

"It's not that big a deal," Ryan said. "He has something. I don't know how to describe it than just to say it's a little tendinitis. But, he's fine. I mean, he fully participated and moved around great, I thought."

Ryan said Sanchez would appear on the team's injury report Thursday.

"Make sure he's on that list," Ryan said, causing a few laughs among reporters. "I don't mean anything by that."

The Jets, of course, were fined by the NFL last week for failing to put Brett Favre on injury reports over the final third of last season even though the team knew the quarterback had a torn right biceps tendon. The team was fined $75,000, while general manager Mike Tannenbaum and former coach Eric Mangini were each fined $25,000.

As far as other injuries, cornerbacks Lito Sheppard (right quadriceps) and Donald Strickland (right ankle) didn't practice for the second straight day. While Sheppard appears to be a possibility to play against the Titans, Ryan wasn't so optimistic about Strickland.

"I don't think he's going to be able to play this week," Ryan said. "I'm not declaring him out right now, but I don't think there's any way he's playing this week."

Link

On the injury front: CBs Lito Sheppard (quad) and Donald Strickland (ankle) missed practice for the second straight day. It looks like they won't play Sunday against the Titans.

The Jets re-signed TE Matthew Mulligan, waived Tuesday, to the practice squad.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/09/its-probably-nothing-but.html#ixzz0S3FUY0G6

1. Revis said those two will play, so, we'll see in time I guess.

2. Hey Florio, looks like we weren't just using Mulligan you ****ing moron.

Archived