****The Official New York Jets vs Tennessee Titans Game Day Thread****

Jetkid94

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand why you guys like B.Schott so much. The Titans are the absolute worst passing D in the league, and are the best against the run I believe, or are one of the best. So what does our genius OC do? Waste 2 of 3 downs almost without fail every 1st down series on runs. All the success we've had is through the air, but he insists on running into a brick wall over and over again.

With a competent NFL OC, the Jets are up 3 TDs and this game is over by the first half. You guys choose to blame Mangini, who is a terrible coach, but this OC is not the genius people swear he is. This OC is the only one in the NFL that won't pass on the Titans this year to build a nice lead.

Only this OC would call 2 runs after a 47 yard bomb, then expect the QB to punch it on third down, from about 10 yards out.

I think its quite the opposite. Not that Schotty is a genius, but everyone around here is WAAAAYYY to quick to blame him the second the offense sputters. Its funny, how could he be to blame for not running enough and also for not passing enough? Meanwhile, the Jets biggest offensive problems have come on pass plays, with Sanchez clearly having problems handling the ball.

Now I agree the use of TJ is completely retarded at this point, since its obviously he can't do anything, but you can't exactly go all pass, all the time with a rookie QB behind center when our OL has already let him get beat up a little more than we'd like today.

God Jones is so ****ing slow. We need Greene in the lineup like yesterday.

Running the ball? I'd agree. But from all reports the guy was getting blown up in every pass blocking drill during training camp, so until he proves to be a reliable blocker for Sanchez, you can bet he's going to find it VERY tough to get on the field.

Running the ball? I'd agree. But from all reports the guy was getting blown up in every pass blocking drill during training camp, so until he proves to be a reliable blocker for Sanchez, you can bet he's going to find it VERY tough to get on the field.

SO put him in on a run... just try it... no blocking... just running... or go with a 2 back set...

I think its quite the opposite. Not that Schotty is a genius, but everyone around here is WAAAAYYY to quick to blame him the second the offense sputters. Its funny, how could he be to blame for not running enough and also for not passing enough? Meanwhile, the Jets biggest offensive problems have come on pass plays, with Sanchez clearly having problems handling the ball.

Now I agree the use of TJ is completely retarded at this point, since its obviously he can't do anything, but you can't exactly go all pass, all the time with a rookie QB behind center when our OL has already let him get beat up a little more than we'd like today.

Sanchez did indeed have a rough patch, but if you're going to demand he execute on 3rd and long every series to continue drives, you are not putting him in the best position to succeed. You have to run enough to keep defenses honest, but the Titans are playing the run every 1st down because the Jets do not mix it up, and then play the pass on 3rd downs.

Yes Sanchez is a rookie QB. The Jets have the luxury of lucky plays on ST and a ferocious defense that is handing the Jets this game. But Scott is definitely a cause for concern. Perhaps I exaggerated his awfulness, you are right to call me out on that. But he certainly is not "good" and he is firmly in "bad" territory for this game. Awful is of course debateable. I think we both agree this guy is no genius though.

Archived