Moss: "2010 is my last year in New England"

Vudu

PR37 is simply the King of Delusional Homers so him I get. 124, on the other hand, vexes me.

I can't tell anymore if he is simply suffering from the world's biggest inferiority complex or he is, in fact, turning into a pathetically delusional Pats fan.

I think he watched one too many Jets/Pats games with Gainzo. He hasn't been the same since. ;)

You're right tho. He's right on the verge of coming out of Pats closet.

:D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PR37 is simply the King of Delusional Homers so him I get. 124, on the other hand, vexes me.

I can't tell anymore if he is simply suffering from the world's biggest inferiority complex or he is, in fact, turning into a pathetically delusional Pats fan.

I dont see 230 predicting 5 sacks for Ghoolston or the Jets running the table cuz Rex says so, like you.

Nostradumbass

Yet, still NE won more games than the Jets :lol:

When you have a HOF QB you dont need the best defense in the league. Keep dreaming that the Pats are out of it.

Ummm, the Pats won 10 meaningful games last year, the Jets won 11. Postseason games do count numbnuts.

When games mattered most, the Jets won more and under tougher circumstances (road vs. home.) Now spin away jackass. :rolleyes:

Brady + no defense = no championships. Most overrated QB ever.

When you have a HOF QB you dont need the best defense in the league. Keep dreaming that the Pats are out of it.

Yet got exposed by Baltimore. You guys got blown out of your own stadium when it mattered & the opposing Qb threw for less than 40 yards. Yeah I'm totally scared of the Patriots now. :rolleyes: Your defense blows, and you guys are completely LOST without Welkah.

Yet the JETS made it further than New England. Id say that pretty much sucks for you and the PATSIES. Get used to being behind the JETS our run is gonna last awhile--:cheers:

Your team hasn't won a SB since it's defense was dominant in the big games.

I don't get your logic. My team has Big Ben @ QB but you damn well can bet us Steelers fans are concerned about fortifying an aging defense to go with him. We KNOW it's our ticket to contention. You Pats fans aren't concerned at all ??

I don't buy it.

I don't get your logic. My team has Big Ben @ QB but you damn well can bet us Steelers fans are concerned about fortifying an aging defense to go with him. We KNOW it's our ticket to contention. You Pats fans aren't concerned at all ??

I don't buy it.

You know better than that. Your average Pats fan didn't know football existed prior to 2001. You think they actually understand the game? You are talking to a guy who thinks Wes Welker is more important to the Pats offense than Randy Moss for goodness sakes.

You know better than that. Your average Pats fan didn't know football existed prior to 2001. You think they actually understand the game? You are talking to a guy who thinks Wes Welker is more important to the Pats offense than Randy Moss for goodness sakes.

Give Ben Moss (not like we need him as we got deep threats) and see how much a Santonio Holmes / Hines Ward's production rises.

We'd still need the D at good to great level to win it all though.

I don't care who you are it takes time, good drafting and good fortune to re-build a great D. Belly is no exception.

The Patriots won more games than the Jets last season? Really? I don't remember that, what am I missing?

If there is one thing Revis can't do it's cover in the slot. Welker will still be effective. Very effective.

They don't need Moss to succeed.

Nonsense, the guy shut down EVERYONE he faced, including all the best recceivers in the league and you're seriously gonna tell me Wes Welker is his cryptonite? Come on man.

I don't buy it.

You bring up some good points Stiller.

Let's get over the the need a D to win the title mantra.

Due to Bill Polian's incessant whining and manipulation of the Rules Board, the "Defense wins championships' mantra has been weakened. It is not as tried and true as it was in the past. Look at this year's Superbowl as proof of that. With that being said, I do wish the Patriots' D was better.

Hopefully Belichick's words this past month plus are a sign his his softening this stance on the need for only 6'5" 250+ pound LBers. The speed of the game is a lot quicker then it was 5 seasons ago and hopefully he is cheming on how to better utilize lighter more athletic LBers.

Due to Bill Polian's incessant whining and manipulation of the Rules Board, the "Defense wins championships' mantra has been weakened. It is not as tried and true as it was in the past. Look at this year's Superbowl as proof of that. With that being said, I do wish the Patriots' D was better.

Hopefully Belichick's words this past month plus are a sign his his softening this stance on the need for only 6'5" 250+ pound LBers. The speed of the game is a lot quicker then it was 5 seasons ago and hopefully he is cheming on how to better utilize lighter more athletic LBers.

This is a very ill-informed comment. The Colts ranked 8th in the league in points allowed and were generally regarded as the fastest defense in the league and the Saints created the second-most takeaways of any team in the NFL.

The reality is that the Saints and Colts both had very good defenses and it was the performance of the Saints defense from the end of the first quarter on as much as anything that beat the Colts in the SB.

I think Colts/Saints was the exception rather than the norm. Football will always be the ultimate team game imo and the Super Bowl will always reflect that. Plus, this latest SB, a great play by Saints D ultimately won them the game.

My team will be heading down the same road your Pats are soon enough. Purging older defenders for younger faster ones. I'm not naive enough to think we'll replace an Aaron Smith or Casey Hampton very easily.

To think that just having the franchise QB and very good offense are key to SB success is under-rating the SB imo.

I think Colts/Saints was the exception rather than the norm. Football will always be the ultimate team game imo and the Super Bowl will always reflect that. Plus, this latest SB, a great play by Saints D ultimately won them the game.

My team will be heading down the same road your Pats are soon enough. Purging older defenders for younger faster ones. I'm not naive enough to think we'll replace an Aaron Smith or Casey Hampton very easily.

To think that just having the franchise QB and very good offense are key to SB success is under-rating the SB imo.

Without a franchise QB, you 'aint winning sh*t. Defense is awesome. Running game is awesome. A great QB will win you championships. Newsflash: It's a passing league now.

Zippy will try to tell you otherwise. Some idiots will listen. Dumb move. His nickname is ZIPPY, afterall.

Without a franchise QB, you 'aint winning sh*t. Defense is awesome. Running game is awesome. A great QB will win you championships. Newsflash: It's a passing league now.

Zippy will try to tell you otherwise. Some idiots will listen. Dumb move. His nickname is ZIPPY, afterall.

Both our teams have the franchise QB and I guarantee ya neither one of em' win another SB without good to very good D to help them out.

From my perspective? I'm VERY concerned about my team fortifying our defense.

Both our teams have the franchise QB and I guarantee ya neither one of em' win another SB without good to very good D to help them out.

From my perspective? I'm VERY concerned about my team fortifying our defense.

Good defense is important, but it does not have to be the best....ditto run game. A very good QB is imperative. Dilfer is an exception and something you will NEVER see again if the NFL continues its empahsis on offense and making the defenses job harder and harder in an effort to propel offense.

MY "perspective" - the Pats of 2009 were let down more by their o than their d. Both units needs work.

This is a very ill-informed comment. The Colts ranked 8th in the league in points allowed and were generally regarded as the fastest defense in the league and the Saints created the second-most takeaways of any team in the NFL.

The reality is that the Saints and Colts both had very good defenses and it was the performance of the Saints defense from the end of the first quarter on as much as anything that beat the Colts in the SB.

Compared to any of yours? That is funny.

First, if you comprehended what I said, the need for a dominant D has been weakened, not elimanted, since Polian's forcing dumb PI rules down the NFL throats.

While I agree with your statement that the Colts' D is fast and athletic, I do not think anyone confuses it with the Jets' D, the Ravens' D of five years ago or any of the great Ds from NFL's history. Similarly to the Saints, it looks to put the opposing offense in to down and distances that favor it speed. It has never been confused with being dominant like the Jets showed this year. You can run on it and you can pass on it. Easily at times. Letas be honest, the most effective attribute on the Colts D is Peyton Manning. At no point until maybe this last season did I wish the Patriots had the Colts' D.

So was the Saints D the reason Peyton was off the field for 70 minutes? Or Austin Collie dropping a sure first down? Or the Saints O with some nice timely drives? Or the Colts being pinned on the 1? Props to the Saints D for making timely plays, but that is more what the old Patriots' Ds did that Stiller talked about. No one has said they are great. They played greatly, but the some of their parts was not a historic D.

124's nickname is Zippy now? Because I certainly never said anything about not needing a franchise QB. Having a franchise QB and not much else, however, ain't gonna win you jacksquat.

124's nickname is Zippy now? Because I certainly never said anything about not needing a franchise QB. Having a franchise QB and not much else, however, ain't gonna win you jacksquat.

As stated, the original Zippy was a rock star. You, are just a rock....but I gave you the nickname anyway: ZIPPY!

Compared to any of yours? That is funny.

First, if you comprehended what I said, the need for a dominant D has been weakened, not elimanted, since Polian's forcing dumb PI rules down the NFL throats.

While I agree with your statement that the Colts' D is fast and athletic, I do not think anyone confuses it with the Jets' D, the Ravens' D of five years ago or any of the great Ds from NFL's history. Similarly to the Saints, it looks to put the opposing offense in to down and distances that favor it speed. It has never been confused with being dominant like the Jets showed this year. You can run on it and you can pass on it. Easily at times. Letas be honest, the most effective attribute on the Colts D is Peyton Manning. At no point until maybe this last season did I wish the Patriots had the Colts' D.

So was the Saints D the reason Peyton was off the field for 70 minutes? Or Austin Collie dropping a sure first down? Or the Saints O with some nice timely drives? Or the Colts being pinned on the 1? Props to the Saints D for making timely plays, but that is more what the old Patriots' Ds did that Stiller talked about. No one has said they are great. They played greatly, but the some of their parts was not a historic D.

I can agree with most of that. And what I think BB is learning now is that while you can replace a Bruschi, Vrable, Law type player stat-wise it's very hard to replace how well they played together. Let alone the intangibles in big games. Those guys all came up huge for you guys at crucial times.

Hell, you can draft way more athletic players than that and still lose in the first round.

I do agree that it's a passing league now. I've seen my own team go from traditional smashmouth football to 3 and 4 WR sets regularly.

But at the end of the day your team HAS to have a D in place to help your O out.

FWIW I truly believe that the Pats of 5 years ago and even last year's Steelers would beat either this years Saints or Colts at least 8 out of ten times. Just so happened that neither team hadda face a team like that THIS year IMO.

I can agree with most of that. And what I think BB is learning now is that while you can replace a Bruschi, Vrable, Law type player stat-wise it's very hard to replace how well they played together. Let alone the intangibles in big games. Those guys all came up huge for you guys at crucial times.

Hell, you can draft way more athletic players than that and still lose in the first round.

I do agree that it's a passing league now. I've seen my own team go from traditional smashmouth football to 3 and 4 WR sets regularly.

But at the end of the day your team HAS to have a D in place to help your O out.

FWIW I truly believe that the Pats of 5 years ago and even last year's Steelers would beat either this years Saints or Colts at least 8 out of ten times. Just so happened that neither team hadda face a team like that THIS year IMO.

Stiller I agree an infinity %. This past season was a step in the right direction. The Pats still have a way to go and needs some leaders instead of 11 folowers.

All things being equal, I would prefer the Patriost O and D from 5 years ago versus the ones lining up today. I guess it is the old fart in me reluctant to give up the love of smash mouth football.

Yet got exposed by Baltimore. You guys got blown out of your own stadium when it mattered & the opposing Qb threw for less than 40 yards. Yeah I'm totally scared of the Patriots now. :rolleyes: Your defense blows, and you guys are completely LOST without Welkah.

And, the Jets # 1 defense fell apart when it mattered the most.

Did they still have the parade?

That, there is no question now that if Manning stays in the week 14 game the Jets lose and miss the post season.

Spin it whichever way you would like. The Patriots did not win more games than the Jets this season. The Jets went to the Championship game with a rookie QB.

The Patriots got blown out in the wild card round.

Spin away.

The people who are claiming that the Pats are dead are the same ones who would go up and check if Jason Voorhees is "really" dead by leaning over his body.

Like in Zombieville, you gotta go with the Double-Tap on them.

The Patriots have made bad moves the past few years and they took a 16 and 0 team and have nothing to show for it. Belly is now the head coach and the highest assistant coach is the towel boy.

Double tap it, kick it in the balls, do whatever you want, but I am not afraid of them.

You have 230 to keep you warm on gamedays. The rest of us will be rooting for the Jets. :-P

The people who are claiming that the Pats are dead are the same ones who would go up and check if Jason Voorhees is "really" dead by leaning over his body.

Like in Zombieville, you gotta go with the Double-Tap on them.

You know what the best way to kill a football zombie is?

You don't kiss its rings.

Archived