Yankees sign Chan Ho Park

Bergen Jet

You can't compare the two. One is a guy who pitches your 7th inning. The other is a DH only at this point in his career, and that role had already been filled. Even so moneywise, I'd rather spend the 1.5 on the latter.

Chan Ho Park is going to be pitching in the 7th inning? Maybe in mop up. Dude is not good.

Chan Ho Park is going to be pitching in the 7th inning? Maybe in mop up. Dude is not good.

When you play for the Yankees, if you're coming out of the pen in the 7th inning, it is because the game is already over. Most of the time, the Yanks will be up by 5 runs by then. Good time to rest the starter.

When you play for the Yankees, if you're coming out of the pen in the 7th inning, it is because the game is already over. Most of the time, the Yanks will be up by 5 runs by then. Good time to rest the starter.

usually you are resting your bullpen when you have a game in hand.

He's been a solid bullpen guy the last couple seasons, in the NL though. He's not going to be starting unless it's an emergency.

last year not so much. the year before i guess you can say he was solid....but with that 1.4 whip i'd say he was probably more lucky than good to have that 3.4x era. my prediction is you'll have a guy sitting around a 5 era who will only be in there in very safe situations where he can't screw too much up or for mop-up duties.

Dude, most Asian pitchers aren't that very good. You will soon find out the longevity with your boy Dice K. Nomo is about the only one that made a splash in the bigs. And he was with like 8 different clubs.

Wang is another good example with the Yanks.

Park is not a guy I care about resting. He's an innings eater, won't be in the game in critical spots.

On a side note, LOL at Mets fans trying to explain how efficient teams are run.

so let's see. you're saying that because the mets haven't been good that means i don't know the game of baseball? that's about as smart as the patriots fans who think they know everything about football because the team has been successful. so allow to me to lol @ the yankees fan who thinks that fans of less successful teams don't know what they are talking about. there are times it can go either way...but most of the time with a game well in-hand you are resting your bulllpen and not the starters. now iirc you are the one i had a problem with last year....so i'll probably just refrain from having any discussions with you

so let's see. you're saying that because the mets haven't been good that means i don't know the game of baseball? that's about as smart as the patriots fans who think they know everything about football because the team has been successful. so allow to me to lol @ the yankees fan who thinks that fans of less successful teams don't know what they are talking about. there are times it can go either way...but most of the time with a game well in-hand you are resting your bulllpen and not the starters. now iirc you are the one i had a problem with last year....so i'll probably just refrain from having any discussions with you

given the fact that you can't recognize that not everything needs to be taken so seriously, that's probably a good policy

Good thinking. He'd argue the colour of dog poop. :biggrin:

Archived